+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior - Level 75 Talent question

Prot Warrior - Level 75 Talent question

So Tankspot, what do you use? Personally I'm inclined for Safeguard or Vigilance to mitigate damage on the other tank in the raidgroup.
    What are your thoughts on this?

In a general sense, either could be ok for leveling dungeons but neither is likely to be used...maybe ever.

For raiding, it will be a boss-by-boss assesment. If there is an add pickup phase where infini-taunt is useful, then likely you will want Vigilence. If not, then safeguard may be the best choice for an extra external cd for the other tank.

We are making it a requirement to have a stack of Tome of the Clear Mind for raiders just because there are a lot of tiers that are like this for every class/spec. It's just a boss-by-boss decision.

Well I usually use Vigilance on OT, when I'm not getting hit and can keep up Sbar up, it's still a 30% damage reduction. Not just an infini-taunt CD. Just wondering what other Warriors do ^^

I have been using Safeguard, there are probably fights where Vigilance shines but Safeguard's numbers just seem better. Many of the tank swapping fights lines up perfect but I have to admit it's probably never going to be used on CD which lowers it value some.

Anyone have good examples of Vigilance usage in the current raid?

I use it on all fights. For example Stone Guard when the other tank gets 2 Guards and I can still keep up SBarrier/SBlock up, reducing his spike damage for healers.

I use vigilance for almost everything. It's really great on Blade Lord Ta'yak when he's doing his second Overwhelming strike on my OT, because it's up every time and I can just throw it on him, then taunt afterwards. Also great on Heroic Stone Guards for putting on my OT (because he takes the two dogs and I do the call-outs) to reduce his crazy spikes. Also, I can't even use safeguard on this fight because by design I have to stay away from the other tank.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

+ Reply to Thread