[A] - <Darkness Within> Kirin Tor's Top Alliance Progression 7PM & 11:30PM CST
Darkness Within is a World of Warcraft guild on the US - Kirin Tor Server. We are an end game raiding guild; focused on building a quality team to experience the full range of content available in World of Warcraft. We provide and maintain a unique late night raiding environment and our group thrives on cooperation and competition working towards common goals.
Mogu'shan Vaults - 2/6 (H)
Heart of Fear - 6/6
Terrace of Endless Springs 3/4
Available Raid Times:
10m Late Night Raids
Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Mon-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st Pull by Midnight
10 man Weekend Raid
Sat-Mon - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
10 man Weeknight Raid
Tuesday, Thursday, Monday - 7:30pm to 10:00pm (CST)
- Raid applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining. The following lockout, you should be on your main raid toon, before your group's invite time.
- We are currently recruiting for Mists of Pandaria progress, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the current content. Knowledge/experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods/BigWigs, and a few class-specific mods depending on your role, are the absolute minimum of essential addons.
- Ability to attend all of your group's raid times on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts.
- Mumble, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take excessive AFKs, follow instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and openly critical of each other in an amusing manner. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here. We are honest with each other for the good of the group.
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either set up a time to discuss the application with you on Mumble or decline your application.
If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance.
At the end trial period presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to a member status rank. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and/or may be brought into the progression run during their trial period at any time for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared!
Trial periods can be shorter or longer at the discretion of the council. They may simply see a lot of improvements and wish to have more time to get a solid evaluation. The other side of the coin being a shorter trial period because of constant failures and/or clear irreconcilable differences.
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Envoy - BC (Recruitment)
Shadow Council - Durlockozk
Shadow Master (GM) - Aelell a.k.a. Setlo
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OTHER GUILD MEMBERS SIMPLY TO CHECK ON THE "STATUS" OF YOUR APPLICATION. If for some reason AFTER 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact Aelell in game, and the issue will be resolved.
Note: We do late night raid invites at 11:30PM CST, whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce the desired response.