+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Trinket ?

Which Trinket ?

Hi could anybody tell me which of these trinkets would be best for fury TG i have as follows Xuen,carbuncle(upgraded),coren and LFR Lei She Final Orders i think as SMF Xuen and Carbuncle upgraded is best out of what i have atm but for TG im not sure? Thanks. Also which would be best for SMF i also have Lessons Of The Darkmaster.Thanks.

Both TG and SMF have nigh identical stat priorities. If your not expertise capped Lessons of the dark master is a must. if you are expertise capped Relic of Xuen and Carbonic Carbuncle.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I believe Final Orders is better than Xuen due to the higher effective strength contribution of the proc and the fact that the haste can be partially reforged to crit, which is better than strength overall. It's fairly close though so it's not a big deal for TG but for SMF I think Final Orders is much better due to haste being more valuable (although still the worst stat)

Relic of Xuen is is ~1850strength
    Upgraded Carbonic Carbuncle is ~ 912str and 1040crit
    Reforged LFR Final Orders is ~1273str 382 crit and 574 haste

I just don't believe Crit is worth close double that of strength; last time i checked in full HC geared state weight Crit was worth maybe 10% more than strength and haste was worth somewhere around 15% of strength. I would agree that a Normal version Final orders is about on par with the Relic, but the LFR version just doesn't have the budget to compete.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I just ran this in Simcraft. The Relic of Xuen and Normal Final order won out for SMF at current gear configuration. The difference is around 2k dps. Pretty small in the scope of things.

+ Reply to Thread