Thread: [10M] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Feng The Accursed Guide by Mysticknight

[10M] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Feng The Accursed Guide by Mysticknight

Raid Compassion:
    For this encounter you will need:
    Tanks [2]
    Healers [3]
    DPS [5]

Tanks
    We will first start off with spells that the tank must handle in this encounter first.
    In phase one each of the tank will be picking up a new spell by clicking on a rune that will be placed on the ground at the start of the encounter.

Nullification Barrier - This spell will allow the tank to place a protective barrier around him and anyone that is under it.

Shroud of Reversal - This spell will allow the tank to steal a spell that is being cast by the boss. (note: you must target the main tank and they must be hit by the spell you're stealing. Target the Main tank wait for the timer on the spell you're stealing cast the Shroud on the Main tank, make sure they get hit by that spell!)

These two spell will be used in all phases in different ways.
    Tanks will receive different stacking debuff in each phase, so tanks should be doing a swap every 2 stacks.

Phase One [100% to 66%] - Lightning Lash

Phase Two [65% to 33%] - Flaming Spear

Phase Three [33% to 1%] - Arcane Shock

These are stacking debuff on the boss's target, hitting for 30,000 damage per 2 sec and will stack up to 5 times

Phase One [100% to 66%]

Boss = X, Tank =Square and Diamond, Triangle = Melee DPS, Star = Range DPS/Healers

Tanks - One tank on Square, One tank on Diamond, Tanks will need to avoid Lightning Fists (if Shroud of Reversal is up, then make sure the main tank gets hit by Lightning Fist and have the off tank target the Main tank and cast Shourd, with about 2 sec left before it cast.), If Shourd is on CD, All you need to do is wait for the cast and just strafe right or left.

Lightning Fist - Stuns and inflects 100,000 damage and case a cone of damage that will cause 250,000 damage to who ever it hits

Once he starts to cast Epicenter he will be rooted as he cast the spell, at this point everyone should be stacking up on star for easy healing and also the tank with Nullification Barrier should be stacked with the group and pop this cool down. You will be able to use this spell every 60 sec. Epicenter will be cast every 30sec, so you should have raid cool down ready for when Nullification Barrier is on cool down. (if the off tank was able to steal Lightning Fist he is able to cast this as Epicenter is cast and is able to interrupt the spell.)

Epicenter - Inflict damage to all raid members depending on distance from boss

So rinse and repeat till you burn the boss down to 66%

Phase Two [65% to 33%]

Boss = X, Tank =Square,Star = Off-Tank/Melee DPS/Range DPS/Healers

In this part of the encounter you will have to deal with mechanics:

Wildfire Spark - this will pick a random person and then drop fire underneath their feet, dealing 117,000 damage

Draw Flame - Feng will try to absorb any fire in the area and will cause 80,00 damage per explosion

The way we handle these two spells in this encounter was if the main tank has Nullification Barrier Cool down available, you will want anyone with the Wildfire Spark debuff to drop the fire about 10 yards away from the left of star, this will allow the boss to Draw Flames to absorb all the fire that is dropped right before the fire gets to him. The tank needs to pop Nullification Barrier, all the flames will be absorb but he will not gain any stacks. When Nullification Barrier is down, you will need to use raid cool downs after he is finish casting Draw flames, you will also want to have anyone who has Wildfire Spark to move far away from the boss and drop the fire, so that you can keep the stacks low when he Draw Flame. Each time he explodes the stack of debuff will go down by 1.

If you have Nullification Barrier up drop fire close to him so he can absorb all the flames since he wont gain stacks

If Nullification Barrier is down then use raid cool downs and drop the fire far away from the boss.

Your goal is to enter Phase 3 with Zero Wildfire Sparks on the boss, since what ever amount of stacks of flames will be the amount of raid damage going out with out stop.

The Tank with Shroud of Reversal should be stealing Flaming Spear every time the cool down is up in this phase and cast it back on the boss. If you you do this correctly you will inflect an extra 3,000,000 damage on the boss and reduce the healing needed on the main tank.

Phase 3 (33% to Win)

Light Blue Dots - Tanks, Lime Dots - Melee, Blue Dots - Healers/Range DPS, Everyone should be spread out.

In this phase you will have to deal with:
    Arcane Velocity - This will be a channel spell that cause aoe damage to all raid members. Further away you are from the boss the more damage you will take.

Arcane Resonance - This will pick a random person in raid and will start a pulsing aoe damage around the target.

In this phase you want to have everyone spread out and the boss tanked in the center, the boss will cast Arcane Resonance on a random member of the raid, they will need to stay 10 yards away from everyone while this is in effect (the aoe will be with in the pink/purple ring around the player. Normally it will be cast right before the boss uses Arcane Velocity, You will want everyone but the players with Arcane Resonance to stack on the top of the boss as he channel Arcane Velocity, If Nullification Barrier is up use it, if not you will want to use a raid cool down. Rinse and Repeat Then Win. Note: that the Shroud Tank is able to spell steal Arcane Shock and cast this on the boss also to add extra damage.

You want to Have the person with Arcane Resonance to be as close as they can to the boss with out them doing damage to the raid, The Pink/Purple ring will indicate the aoe of the spell.

I will be doing a video guide of this encounter soon!

Please Note that i have updated this guide this week, being that i was able to be the Shroud Tank. After playing with the spell its quite simple to use. All you have to do is target the main tank and then click the button a few sec before the cast of the spell you want to steal. Once the boss complete his cast and hits the main tank with it, you will have the spell to use. so in first phase just make sure that Shrouds up and the main tank gets hit by lightning fist and then cast it back on the boss as he is casting Epicenter, you wont need to use any Raid Cool downs at all if this is done right, shield when Shroud is down and Shield when its on CD, in phase 2 and 3 Spell steal the Flaming Spear to inflect 3m damage, and phase 3 Steal Resonance or Velocity

Here is the Log for this fight http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2272&e=2728

Guide updated October 13-2012

This guide was written as of patch 5.0.5

Written by Mysticknight of US-Thrall

Our Kill Video:

More info regarding Shroud Tanking:

Generally the shroud tank has 3 chances to steal lighting fist before epicenter, have the shield tank tank first, watch your dbm timers, to see when lighting fist is about to be cast, it must be the next attack he cast or u will steal the wrong spell, its about a 2 to 3 sec window. I normally watch the timer and see that i skip the dot, and fist is up after i have the offtank targeted and waiting. hit the button so it start channeling and don't move or attack till the button changes into lighting fist. also note that u need to tell the tank im stealing lighting fist, so that the off tank will get by the spell. once u started the shroud cast i just hit tab so i can target the boss. and wait. Once u interup epicenter taunt the boss, the main tank should have 2 to 3 stacks at this point and that is fine. once his stack drops have him taunt again. then use shield stack for the next epicenter.

Once epicenter ends the shield tank will have the boss once again, the first lighting fist normally comes really quick i normally skip this one since u normally trying to get him back into position. once u see the next lighting fist coming up with that 2 to 3 sec window target the tank again cast shroud and let it channel till it turns into lighting fist and make sure the tank gets hit with lighting fist.

As a side note, if you're quick you can you are able to interrupt epic center 2 times in a row if you steal the first cast of lighting fist. so cd would go Shroud,Shroud,Shield, Shroud,Shield, Shroud/ Phase at this point. This was on 25man, but the timing should be the same as 10.

How to use Shroud of Reversal

Alright i added a clip of how to use the Shroud of Reversal

Our 25N Kill Video with vent:
    Last edited by Mysticknight27; 11-12-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Nullification Barrier - This spell will allow the tank to place a protective barrier around him and anyone that is under it.

Shroud of Reversal - This spell will allow the tank to steal a spell that is being cast by the boss.
    Anyone else had SERIOUS problems with the stone things that give these abilities being COMPLETELY unusable by either tank? We literally could never get both...we had to wipe it a few times when we couldn't get the nullification barrier. Afaik our kill was with only the barrier, no shroud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

In face 1 tanks should alternate barrier to absorbe and ligthing fist to interrupt the boss in every epicenter, raid cooldowns should be saved for face 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Anyone else had SERIOUS problems with the stone things that give these abilities being COMPLETELY unusable by either tank? We literally could never get both...we had to wipe it a few times when we couldn't get the nullification barrier. Afaik our kill was with only the barrier, no shroud.
    The shroud of Reversal is a channel spell, its quite easy to steal Epicenter , but Lightning Fist is a bit harder to do. It will take a bit more time to master it, have the off tank take Shroud of Reversal , watch your DBM Timer for Lightning Fist with about 6 sec before it will cast u want to pop your Shroud of Reversal you must click the button then target the off tank and make sure they get hit with Lightning Fist , then the boss will cast Epicenter use Lightning Fist on the boss to interrupt his cast.

Note that this is very tricky to do it is much easier to just steal Epicenter and just have everyone stack on the star marker
    Last edited by Mysticknight27; 10-12-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral xrx View Post
    In face 1 tanks should alternate barrier to absorbe and ligthing fist to interrupt the boss in every epicenter, raid cooldowns should be saved for face 2 and 3
    Raid Cool downs are wasted if unused, Most CD's will be up to use in phase 2 and 3

Actually it turns out that this was what I was talking about...not not USING them, but not being able to interact w/the doohickey to GET the abilities at all.
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Actually it turns out that this was what I was talking about...not not USING them, but not being able to interact w/the doohickey to GET the abilities at all.
    Ah well we had that issues on out first few attempts all we had to do was relog and it was fine

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticknight27 View Post
    Ah well we had that issues on out first few attempts all we had to do was relog and it was fine
    We had done that previous to last night, but last night nothing was working...dunno if it was getting worse or our luck was just worse. I certainly noticed it more just wandering around the world recently than I had.

Last night we had the issue of the boss rarely using lightning fist so we were unable to steal it in order to stun the boss to interrupt epicenter. Burned a ton of extra healer mana and cooldowns having to heal through it instead. While it's not a game breaking issue it certainly sucked when we pretty much had to tell the raid on the fly weather we were stacking or ignoring epicenter.

Also in phase two (and I assume all other phases as well for the other dots) flaming spear accounted for an ENORMOUS amount of damage for our tank. I think he was saying each one he was able to steal was worth 2 million damage overall on the boss. This allowed us to push phase 2 with only 3 call flames when we used dps cooldowns in phase two, only one of those having to actually heal through. Huge help as I feel phase 2 is the biggest issue for this fight.

Please Note that i have updated this guide this week, being that i was able to be the Shroud Tank. After playing with the spell its quite simple to use. All you have to do is target the main tank and then click the button right few sec before the cast of the spell you want to steal. Once the boss complete his cast and hits the main tank with it, you will have the spell to use. so in first phase just make sure that Shrouds up and the main tank gets hit by lightning fist and then cast it back on the boss as he is casting Epicenter, you wont need to use any Raid Cool downs at all if this is done right, shield when Shroud is down and Shield when its on CD, in phase 2 and 3 Spell steal the Flaming Spear to inflect 3m damage, and phase 3 Steal Resonance or Velocity

Finally had the time to set up youtube and what not here is our kill video first week.
    Our Kill Video:

video guides will be listed soon also,
    youtube.com/mysticknight27/

Updated: added more info regarding Reversal Shroud

Generally the shroud tank has 3 chances to steal lighting fist before epicenter, have the shield tank tank first, watch your dbm timers, to see when lighting fist is about to be cast, it must be the next attack he cast or u will steal the wrong spell, its about a 2 to 3 sec window. I normally watch the timer and see that i skip the dot, and fist is up after i have the offtank targeted and waiting. hit the button so it start channeling and don't move or attack till the button changes into lighting fist. also note that u need to tell the tank im stealing lighting fist, so that the off tank will get by the spell. once u started the shroud cast i just hit tab so i can target the boss. and wait. Once u interup epicenter taunt the boss, the main tank should have 2 to 3 stacks at this point and that is fine. once his stack drops have him taunt again. then use shield stack for the next epicenter.

Once epicenter ends the shield tank will have the boss once again, the first lighting fist normally comes really quick i normally skip this one since u normally trying to get him back into position. once u see the next lighting fist coming up with that 2 to 3 sec window target the tank again cast shroud and let it channel till it turns into lighting fist and make sure the tank gets hit with lighting fist.

As a side note, if you're quick you can you are able to interrupt epic center 2 times in a row if you steal the first cast of lighting fist. so cd would go Shroud,Shroud,Shield, Shroud,Shield, Shroud/ Phase at this point. This was on 25man, but the timing should be the same as 10.

Alright i added a clip of how to use the Shroud of Reversal

I'm still really unsure how to steal this. I've tried using the Shroud right when he casts LF, in the middle of his cast and tried spamming it. I can't seem to get it. I am reading in places it's channeled. I don't see a channel indicator anywhere, how do you know this?

If you don't have a raid member targeted, it will not channel. It is actually casted on a friendly unit and it will steal the next ability that hits them. The idea is to channel on the other tank and have that tank be hit by LF while you are channeling on them. Once you have successfully stolen the spell, then you can target Feng and use it on him. The extra action button changes function based on if a spell is "loaded" by stealing it or not. If no spell is captured, it has to be channeled on a friendly unit. If a spell has been captured, use it to cast the captured spell at Feng.

I suspect that is what is happening. Before I started targetting my co-tank, I did not see any channeling indicator either. Once I did target him, then my cast bar showed the spell being channeled.

Updated the video, had to change the music out the music so youtube would stop yelling at me!
    Our Kill Video

Last edited by Mysticknight27; 10-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Has anyone had issues where the tank that is being targeted by lighting fist never moves out of it yet never gets hit? Or Shroud tank had fits getting it and I (bubble tank) was rarely if ever stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogcc View Post
    Has anyone had issues where the tank that is being targeted by lighting fist never moves out of it yet never gets hit? Or Shroud tank had fits getting it and I (bubble tank) was rarely if ever stunned.
    You should just have a ranged dps eating the stun, as the damage from feng coupled with the stun is deadly on heroic, so you may as well get in the habit, also if you are inside his hit box I do not believe the lightning fists will hit you.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

If he's facing towards the wall I have issues getting hit by the stun sometimes. I just got in the habit of facing him parallel to the wall to make sure I didn't have problems.

Ok i have downed 10m Feng quite a few times, each time i have been the OT Shroud and yes i understand completely what to do in P1, its P2 & P3 that gets hazy. I mean i can steal/copy any ability but some are better than others. So to speak. If i copy and use Wild Spark off of some1 it appears thats MY fire and the boss cant take it and like his Draw Fire ability i get an infusion of "power" i mean is that what i should be doing? My core group doesnt have problems downing him on the first go but i am looking at ways to help the process and or "speed it up". I mean if theres way i can help so hes not Drawing fire 3 time but only 2 times then i want to be able to help.

+ Reply to Thread