+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross Realm

Cross Realm

Hi!
    This subject fills the forum @wow right now,and i would like to hear what ppl thinks about it.
    Played for six years now, and we got hard times to get ppl logging on and do their work in the guild.
    Been on the same pvp realm since start and at that time it was 50-50 horde allie now we are 2%,and cross realm have made it even harder.
    I can see some good in CRZ but the reason why Blizz do it make me wonder. Have they giving up on the thought to do a better game? Instead they cure the absence of players with something no player signed up for.
    Sorry for the bad english not my native language.

How have CRZ made it harder?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    How have CRZ made it harder?
    I don't know, just repeating what other told me, and i quote (you never see any Alliance from other realm, just horde) If thatīs true or not i don't really know.

So what is your own opinion?

I haven't really noticed it, if anything it makes the game feel more populated because you see more people playing.

Sounds like observer bias.
    MoP RPS Calculator

What I've seen people complaining about is questing with other people questing along side them, of the same faction even. Those other people are 'taking their kills' thus maing the person have to kill more to get the quest done. So, what happened to just grouping up with someone to get it done faster and smarter, so you don't have to work harder?

I've also seen a lot of complaints about camping rares. Though it bothers me as well, it's no different as when camping the said rare was more current (ie: TLPD).

Oh, and don't forget about the people complaining about getting camped. Getting camped only happens if 1) you're flagged, or 2) you're on PVP server. There are easy ways to fix both of those situations.

The only real problem I see with CRZ is the gathering professions. But even so, it's no different from back in the day, when most servers were well populated.

There are some good conversations about this going on at Wowhead.
    "You're the girl with all the cat stuff on her desk, right?" - Elmer, 92 year old customer

[twichtv] | [twitter] | [tickles]

The major problem isn't the camping but the fact that you can get moved to an alliance or horde dominated server where your a lot more likely to get ganked on a whim by someone leveling a profession or what not.

Funny thing that. It used to be if you complained about the health/balance of your server, you will likely get lambasted with replies of:
    1. Get better noob
    2. L2PVP
    3. Pay to transfer all your toons
    4. QQ MOAR

Now that people of the dominant faction on their server can be thrown onto a server where they don't have that massive crutch, it's a problem. I've already invested my several hundred dollars to fix this issue and move to a pve server. Still extremely unhappy with the need to do that, but happier now on my new realm. The tears of those crying about it now taste pretty sweet since it proves the hypocrisy that I called them on back when I was asking for opinions or sympathy for my situation back when I was the weak faction on a dying server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrkill View Post
    The major problem isn't the camping but the fact that you can get moved to an alliance or horde dominated server where your a lot more likely to get ganked on a whim by someone leveling a profession or what not.
    Except that you don't get moved to a specific server, multiple low population servers are pooled. the only time you get moved to a specific server is when you join a cross realm group and are in the same zone as another member of the group.
    MoP RPS Calculator

CRZ hasn't been implemented in pandaria yet, so if you're all 85+ shouldn't be any worse than normal. Farming lowbie mats is where it becomes a major bitch.
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

A lot of the complaints I see seem to be from people who either:

1) want to play on an empty server; if you want a single-player game, go play one. This isn't it.
    2) rolled on a PvP server when it didn't have any PvP, and now complain that it does. You rolled on it. Deal with it.

Personally, I like seeing people in the world again, like Vanilla was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Farming lowbie mats is where it becomes a major bitch.
    This sounds like an issue with the spawning algorithm, as respawn rates should go up with heavy farming.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

I don't know man it depends

I usually don't care much about the CRZ thing, but it kind of bit me last week. Twice.

Maintenance day, I attempt to log in and see server is still down. I grab some breakfast quick and sit back down at the computer. I try to log back in and am successful. So I'm online within a couple minutes of the server being back. I decide I'd head to Storm Peaks and just do a quick fly through, hoping to see TLPD. Port to Dalaran with my ring, fly north and start the loop. NPCScan goes off, I have TLPD targeted, and about 1 second before i am in range to do something, I see TLPD turn and attack another player. Bah! It's happened before, no biggie. Will probably happen again. But when I targeted the player that had barely beat me to the pull, I saw he was from another server.

Then a day or two later, I'm at the Darkmoon Faire and see a group forming for the DMF Bunny boss. We kill it, and everyone rolls Need. I roll a 94. I'm hopeful. Then I see it won by a 96. When I hover over the person that won, same thing, different realm.

But I'm not bitter. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornak View Post
    I usually don't care much about the CRZ thing, but it kind of bit me last week. Twice.

Maintenance day, I attempt to log in and see server is still down. I grab some breakfast quick and sit back down at the computer. I try to log back in and am successful. So I'm online within a couple minutes of the server being back. I decide I'd head to Storm Peaks and just do a quick fly through, hoping to see TLPD. Port to Dalaran with my ring, fly north and start the loop. NPCScan goes off, I have TLPD targeted, and about 1 second before i am in range to do something, I see TLPD turn and attack another player. Bah! It's happened before, no biggie. Will probably happen again. But when I targeted the player that had barely beat me to the pull, I saw he was from another server.

Then a day or two later, I'm at the Darkmoon Faire and see a group forming for the DMF Bunny boss. We kill it, and everyone rolls Need. I roll a 94. I'm hopeful. Then I see it won by a 96. When I hover over the person that won, same thing, different realm.

But I'm not bitter. Really.
    The TLPD thing I would think would piss a person off more. But the DMF bunny? Anyone in that group could have outrolled you. I don't find it relevant.
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Maybe becuase I'm focused on Pandaria these days I don't even notice the CRZ stuff. When I was 85 and finishing the leveling of my 'lock I did notice more activity in the world, but really didn't make a difference one way or another. Maybe when I bring a panda/monk to 90 it will be noticiable, but for now it's meh.

Most of the complaints I've seen are from the pvp realms; high pop gankors getting move to servers where they're the low pop gankee. "OMG this sucks".

Re: Cross Realm

Wtf is up with all the spam?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    "You're the girl with all the cat stuff on her desk, right?" - Elmer, 92 year old customer

[twichtv] | [twitter] | [tickles]

+ Reply to Thread