+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why do I feel squishy as a Prot Warrior?

If bleed is largely the primary source of damage in this fight then Sbar seems to be the only AM that should be used when tanking Stone Guards. Sblock shouldn't be able to reduce anything except the relatively small amount of melee damage, if I'm understanding this correctly, so it'd be a waste of rage to even use.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsabre View Post
    If bleed is largely the primary source of damage in this fight then Sbar seems to be the only AM that should be used when tanking Stone Guards. Sblock shouldn't be able to reduce anything except the relatively small amount of melee damage, if I'm understanding this correctly, so it'd be a waste of rage to even use.
    Except that the bleed isn't what kills tanks. its a combination of bleed ticks synced up with a melee hit string, that's what takes your healers by surprise and will kill you. Healers like predictable damage. hat shield block does is hugely reduce to probability of a spike occuring, its makes you boring to heal, the healers can just plod away which is much preferable to "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR, its not a good measure of survivabilty or healability. a good analogy is it's probably alirght to have a glass of red wine every night, it not a good idea to have 10 glasses every other friday night even if you're sober the rest of the time.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    a good analogy is it's probably alirght to have a glass of red wine every night, it not a good idea to have 10 glasses every other friday night even if you're sober the rest of the time.
    It's not binge drinking if you don't stop!
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR, its not a good measure of survivabilty or healability.
    I think I smell a sig.

Hey sorry for the delay. Just did Heroic MSV last night with the new reforges/gems. I don't have the logs for it because I exited the game right before starting raid and did not re-activate combat logging but we ended up 1-shotting it with the Cobalt/Jasper/Jade combo. The healers felt like I was much easier to heal and I was not taking nearly as much damage in spikes.

Reforge strat is Hit to cap, Exp to Hard Cap, then Mastery. I almost never felt rage starved and kept Sblock up close to 100% of it's uptime. When it could not be up I used SBar, Demo Shout, or even SW to cover the gap (also lit up some tiles while I had SW to help out the dps and healers.)

So I will be sticking with this strategy for the time being. Again, sorry I did not get logs, I'll post the logs from the last 4 fights here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xkebduob4cin03va/

and will edit later tonight to put up logs of our HoF progression.
    Edit: HoF Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xhmuim18w37zz58q/
    Last edited by Edd13Mac; 11-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

On 10 heroic, melee hits of Stone guard hits for 35k, each 1.5sec. Rend hits for 60k each 1 sec. I am a big fan of SBlock uptime when bosses melee for 100k, but on this fight you don't want to simply spend the rage on Sbar. With one dog, Sbar. With Demo or Shield Wall up, Sbar. Only with two dogs on you and no CDs SBlock catch up. And then you could argue that 20 rage Sbar spamming does as good a job on it as Sblock, specially when accounting for avoidance.

have they upped the swingspeed of the dogs on heroic?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Whats up with that Monk Glyph? Glyph of Stoneskin? 20% less Bleed Damage than you?

+ Reply to Thread