+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clearing things up before I raid

Clearing things up before I raid

I got back from Afghanistan about 45 days ago, and I didn't have time to play anything much while I was there for 10 months. I really need some stuff cleared up so I can see which stations I'm a go and a no-go at.

1. what's considered acceptable dps(the number) for those just entering raids?

2. According to this link: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-vs-Fury-5.0.5 , the difference between Arms and SMF is marginal. How accurate is this, and for someone who's played Arms warrior for 6 years and understands its workings (I picked it back up in like 5 minutes after being away for nearly a year) but only did fury for like 3 months in Wrath (before SMF) and will have to learn a whole new ballgame, is it really worth it for me in the long run to go SMF, or would it benefit everyone for me to stick with what I know?

3. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B3n/advanced The armory has yet to update my character since getting a pve trinket in place of the medallion and a blue ring to replace the green one, and my ilvl is like 462 with it, so I can queue MV. I know I need to enchant some stuff, I get that. Will this setup, provided I keep my hit capped and finish up my expertise cap, be acceptable in a raid finder normal 10 MV? Or will I see some friction with raiders because I'm using pvp gear? I understand pvp gear as being met with disdain by raiders.

With this in the open, is there anything else I forgot to mention that could help me get ready? I just want a list of things raiders look at, and say Go or No Go, and then if No Go, explain my deficiencies and possible corrections.

Thank you!

1. 35K is probably a fair minimum
    2. Warriors have changed immensely, and TBH MoP Fury Plays more like cata/wrath Arms than MoP Arms does. In my opinion its always worth learning how to play both DPS specs, some fights favour arms, some favour fury. Its worth being able to always play the stronger spec.
    3. The PVP stats on PVP gear are not included in the ilvl budget. there is no reason to not use the PVP gear to cover the the short comings of you gear. If its a higher ilvl, or just plain better itemised go for it. However you will still see people who disdain it, it takes a while for this change to filter through to the public
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    1. 35K is probably a fair minimum
    2. Warriors have changed immensely, and TBH MoP Fury Plays more like cata/wrath Arms than MoP Arms does. In my opinion its always worth learning how to play both DPS specs, some fights favour arms, some favour fury. Its worth being able to always play the stronger spec.
    3. The PVP stats on PVP gear are not included in the ilvl budget. there is no reason to not use the PVP gear to cover the the short comings of you gear. If its a higher ilvl, or just plain better itemised go for it. However you will still see people who disdain it, it takes a while for this change to filter through to the public
    1. I pull average 40k, it can vary from fight to fight.
    2. Didn't know that, I'm trying to have to decide because I wanna run prot offspec so I can fill a gap if need be.
    3. I'll bear that in mind thanks.

I really appreciate the insight, but if I can get a go or no go thing like aforementioned, I'd appreciate it! Clears up any doubts I may have.

Go.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Picket fence.

Quote Originally Posted by STBU View Post
    1. I pull average 40k, it can vary from fight to fight.2. Didn't know that, I'm trying to have to decide because I wanna run prot offspec so I can fill a gap if need be.3. I'll bear that in mind thanks.I really appreciate the insight, but if I can get a go or no go thing like aforementioned, I'd appreciate it! Clears up any doubts I may have.
    From what I've read fury isnt quite playing out on live as well as it has been simming. It's fairly nuanced right now and you have to know the ins and outs of the spec more so than in the past. If your comfortable with arms, my advice is stick with that.

You should play the spec you are :

1 - more confortable with
    2 - have the best gear for (fury takes 2 weapons... yeah it can be a bitch to get 2 good ones)
    3 - enjoy the most
    4 - has highest dps and/or damage output.

Depending on youre style of play, are u casual, serious, semi-hardcore, hardcore etc u can change the priority on my list. In any cases be sure to properly learn the priority list of your dps spec

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread