+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows 8 broke my peripherals...

Windows 8 broke my peripherals...

I use a Razer Anansi and a Cyborg MMO7, just installed windows 8 and even though the drivers are the same and the software hasn't changed, all of the bonus buttons are broken, and Razer software doesn't even recognize that I have a Razer connected.

Anyone have Win8? Any ideas? Razer has announced new drivers coming in November but other than that I can't find anything on the topic.

EDIT: MadKatz/Cyborg updated their profile creator, and installing it fixed the problem with the mouse completely. Still trying to find out about the Razer keyboard though. I saw someone mention that people on the Razer forums come up with their own beta drivers to fix this stuff, but I can't find their stinkin' forums to save my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I've noticed the same issue with my anansi KB. I sent in a ticket too razer but have not heard back from them. I really hope they update the drivers/software it is hard to adjust to playing without all the added buttons.

Here is the responce from Razer support on my ticket

"Thank you for contacting Razer Support. My name is Thanya.The Razer Anansi is not yet compatible with windows 8.All updates regarding Windows 8 will be noted in our Official Website. So please hold on for an exciting update from Razer!"

That's why I didn't upgrade

Either way, this is serious bullshit that I can't use 12 buttons on my keyboard. I'm selling this heap and going Logitech. I should have gone with them in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Windows 8 is breaking more then peripherals. My best friend has had to do fresh installs of Windows 8 twice because it kept getting corrupted on an SSD saying that there were corrupted sectors on the drive which caused it to fail to boot, and the SSD is working perfectly fine now that he went back to Windows 7. Just another typical early adopter problem, most of the hardware on the market still is only certified up to Windows 7, some stuff I have seen is still only certified up to Vista on the packages. Why does this not surprise anyone that their hardware isn't working properly?

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

+ Reply to Thread