+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit past 7.5 vs Mastery

Hit past 7.5 vs Mastery

Pretty simple question. I've read some guides that claim master is better then hit once capped. Others say that hit past the cap is still better than mastery.

Thoughts?

1) What class?
    2) What spec of that class?
    3) Are you also expertise capped (and/or spell hit capped (which expertise counts toward) if that's the way you roll)?
    4) Unless you're dual wielding hit past the cap has zero value.
    5) Even if you ARE dual wielding, hit past the cap is generally going to be worse than almost any other secondary stat unless you have a particularly worthless secondary stat.
    6) Expertise, past the soft (aka dodge) cap, if you're a tank, on the other hand IS still valuable since it will remove parries at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Sorry I guess that information would have been helpful. I'm a Fury Warrior. Hit and Exp capped.

You really need to use a a tool like simcraft to get a general idea of your stat priorities. I know that technically once your capped 7.5 for hit and expeat least for TG the secondary stat priority is generally Crit>Mastery>Hit>Haste with crit nearly being equal for strength and mastery being worth half as much as crit, and hit being worth almost as much as mastery. If you play a perfect rotation and are able to adequately deal with the fluctuations in rage income. More hit will make rage income more stable and make fury eaisier and more forgiving at the cost of lowering the maximum DPS ceiling. If you're not playing it at peak efficiency you may find that hit is a bigger DPS increase for you than mastery. SMF is the same; Mastery is still generally better than hit, but not by enough that if you feel uncomfortable with rage gen its a sin to prioritise hit over mastery.

Either way you may find you want to gem crit rather than strength.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

**I haven't played my warrior yet since the xpac release so take this with a grain of salt. I'm not sure how the stance changes affect the feel of the rotation and rage management first hand.

Adding to Teng, fury has been that way since Cata. Hit is a stat that you can benefit from until YOU are personally comfortable with your rage management. Strickly speaking, on paper, hit after cap is usually a low priority. In reality, none of us play perfectly or with perfect lag, etc so it is likely to be a better stat than it sims up to a point that is different for every person.

My old GM for example, used to ask me constantly about hit on her fury. I told her the same thing often. Eventually, I just told her a number to go for since she was hesitant to make a decision. After a while of that, I had her increase it. Then, after a while of that, I had her decrease it even lower than she started. Turns out, she liked her rage right where I put her the first time. It also gave her the best dps for HER. Her hit was slightly higher than the sims said were ideal, but she felt it kept her rage at a level where she rarely capped and rarely had to wait. That's the sweet spot and will be different for nearly every person.

+ Reply to Thread