+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS For Mogu'shan Vault

DPS For Mogu'shan Vault

I was wondering how much damage a DPS should be doing before they would start Normal 10 man. I'm pulling around 45k-50k DPS and i still feel like that's not enough can anyone verify this for me.

For 10 man, we had two dps doing 45-55 and the rest doing 30-45 and we were able to down this well before the enrage (edit:closer to enrange than I remembered, but it was pre-enrage) while three healing. Obviously, there was fluctuation from pull to pull which is why I mention the ranges.

Edit:
    On the kill we had
    34k (tank)
    33k (tank)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2856&e=3325

We're by no means elite so maybe this can give you an idea of what a sloppy kill can look like, lol.
    Last edited by sifuedition; 10-24-2012 at 11:19 AM.

In full 463's with a couple holiday epics here and there all the dps in my 10m group were able to pull 60k+ on all the fights in MSV with little trouble. On multi-target fights (Stone Guards, Will) or damage multiplier fights (Elegon, Gara'jal) those numbers will obviously vary from class to class, but 60k single target is a reasonable goal to aim for I think.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

none

my item lvl is 488 and i do 40-50k in MSV and did more when i went over the hit cap 50-60k and i also feel like im doing less than i should. and Eddy to say his whole group did 60k steady on all fights in 463 is BS....it would take 60k steady throughout to clear the instance besides Elegon of course...Thats the problem you go around asking for serious help and you get Bs answers from guys like Eddy here...ive seen some ppl do over 100k but its a wipe so its probably mostly burst dps. idk my dps gets lower and lower last raid i was in i was doing 40k dps i feel i should be double that..or 60-70k anyway...unbuffed i have 17k strength but sites say strength isnt tops anymore..one site says it is and another says it isnt...Warriors just suck.

I'm not sure that warriors sucking is the reason for your low dps, have you considered simming at all to produce your own state weights?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyJr View Post
    my item lvl is 488 and i do 40-50k in MSV and did more when i went over the hit cap 50-60k and i also feel like im doing less than i should. and Eddy to say his whole group did 60k steady on all fights in 463 is BS....it would take 60k steady throughout to clear the instance besides Elegon of course...Thats the problem you go around asking for serious help and you get Bs answers from guys like Eddy here...ive seen some ppl do over 100k but its a wipe so its probably mostly burst dps. idk my dps gets lower and lower last raid i was in i was doing 40k dps i feel i should be double that..or 60-70k anyway...unbuffed i have 17k strength but sites say strength isnt tops anymore..one site says it is and another says it isnt...Warriors just suck.
    The problem is not the class I do 95-100k dps with 498 ilvl as arms which isn't even the best simming spec atm, competing well with our lock and ele shammy. You're probably doing something very wrong.

Are you gemming for Crit? If you don't have 320 crit gems in pretty much every socket you are Doing It WrongTM.

What the hell are you talking about, every warrior I've seen is as OP as a monk. I dont even see warriors doing less than 90k.
    I'm better than you, but you shouldn't worry about that.

I'm ilevel 487 and I do about 80-100k dps as fury bro. You're doing it wrong.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I'd offer to link the WoL reports from back when my group started, but unfortunately they have expired by now. I'm not offering a BS answer, I'm stating a simple and honest truth. DigitalSlay asked for numbers to aim for, and I gave them. Gear is not the sole deciding factor into DPS numbers. More often than not, player ability and team ability are the big factors that need correction. Currently my Survival Hunter is 470 ilvl and I have no problem doing at least 60k on any fight in LFR, which is all I do on my hunter now.

Rather than blowing up on someone else's post because you are frustrated with what you are doing/not doing, take a step back, take a breath, and ask yourself "What can I do to improve myself?"

also, side note, my name is spelled Eddie* or Edd13*. Not sure how you came to "Eddy".
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

+ Reply to Thread