Closed Thread

Thread: Tank of Choice for MoP?

Tank of Choice for MoP?

I recently came back from a 9 month WoW break and I am curious as to the state of tanks in MoP. I maxed my paladin first but I am interested in leveling a tank through the LFG system to eventually use in 10 man raids, and further down the line 25 mans.

I have a Deathknight, Warrior, and a Monk.

I am just looking for some input, I really don't mind playing any character I enjoy playing them all equally.

Why not use your Paladin? :/

All the tanks are about the same, play your favourite class.

Dk feels pretty strong atm with cooldowns as AMS, boneshield, pet sac etc and has slightly higher dps then other tanks, but that's just my personal experience. All tanks are viable

oh this thread again? time to cheer the home team...

Warriors passive survivability and choice of pro-active mitigations make them very adaptable. No other tank brings offensive raid CDs. All tanks are viable, but warriors don't need the fufu-jujui magic malarkyto get the job done, just harsh words a steel.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Lore, can we have a "like" button or an upvote button or something? I want to "Like" Teng's post...
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    oh this thread again? time to cheer the home team...

Warriors passive survivability and choice of pro-active mitigations make them very adaptable. No other tank brings offensive raid CDs. All tanks are viable, but warriors don't need the fufu-jujui magic malarkyto get the job done, just harsh words a steel.
    I do 3-5 million healing on a given boss fight, at least a third of that is raid healing

Do paladins have sunder armor yet?
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

No, but given that damn near everybody else can, I don't really see Sunder Armor being a deciding factor in whether a class is a better tank or not.

Well... given that damn near everyone else can heal I don't see that healing from a pally tank is a deciding factor in whether a class is a better tank or not =P

Comes back to

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    All the tanks are about the same, play your favourite class.

And my favorite class is warrior, therefore everyone should play warrior.

No thanks.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...before-posting

Class comparisons rarely go anywhere but downhill and are almost certainly going to just get closed.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Closed Thread