+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Fel Fire Returns

Legendary - Fel Fire Returns

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I like how people still talk about "making frost PVE viable" when it was something like #5 of all dps specs on the Simcraft lists all through Firelands, and if I'm not mistaken, was in fact better than arcane if you didn't have the Sinestra trinket (and most people didn't). People all went arcane anways because they saw it at the top of the sim charts (which assumed a trinket they didn't have), and because they saw cutting edge raiders topping the charts with it (using the trinket).

You have to compare it to other mage specs as well. Even if it was better than other specs (personally, I question that it was that good during Firelands), it has to be a viable choice for someone who could also spec Fire or Arcane.

I am listening to the talk about the Warlock quests and was thinking Proving Grounds? Not making then available for 5.1 but using PTR to just see what one group would do for now.

MMORPG's background is not hard. All you need to do is plug into the right Sci-Fi/Phantsy with a cult following, with graphics that can be played on most mom and pop machines (2-3 generations behind SOTA), and enough flexibility to allow for building the "Amusement Park" backdrop.

Consider the Heinlen, Asimov, or Piper universes with the old Traveller Rule set. I am surprised that Neverwinter Nights did not trasition into a competitor for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    You have to compare it to other mage specs as well. Even if it was better than other specs (personally, I question that it was that good during Firelands), it has to be a viable choice for someone who could also spec Fire or Arcane.
    That's what I'm saying, if you didn't have the Sinestra trinket for arcane, frost was the best spec in sim (fire was terrible at the time). Purely anecdotally, Rawr agreed when I was playing my mage in an alt run, and I was able to top meters with it. There were other reasons to go arcane other than raw dps (raid buff if no ret, Shannox traps if no hunter, etc), and frost promptly got shat upon in DS while fire made its triumphant return, but I'm just fond of pointing out that frost did have its day in the sun and nobody seems to have noticed. That, and I think it's interesting how much people just mimic what the top guilds do, without thinking about whether it actually applies to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Impeesa View Post
    That, and I think it's interesting how much people just mimic what the top guilds do, without thinking about whether it actually applies to them.
    This is a very common thing for many reasons. A large part are players who don't actually look for the theory-crafting, just a template to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Impeesa View Post
    That's what I'm saying, if you didn't have the Sinestra trinket for arcane, frost was the best spec in sim (fire was terrible at the time). Purely anecdotally, Rawr agreed when I was playing my mage in an alt run, and I was able to top meters with it. There were other reasons to go arcane other than raw dps (raid buff if no ret, Shannox traps if no hunter, etc), and frost promptly got shat upon in DS while fire made its triumphant return, but I'm just fond of pointing out that frost did have its day in the sun and nobody seems to have noticed. That, and I think it's interesting how much people just mimic what the top guilds do, without thinking about whether it actually applies to them.
    Makes sense, and I'd agree. Didn't play a mage back then, wasn't paying much attention to mage specs. I just remember all of our mages swapped between Arcane and Fire (for Alysrazor).

LORE! this is off topic (my apologies) but...

Are you playing a cell phone game called "Final Approach" ?
    I couldn't help but notice the name "Lore" popping up on the leaderboard.
    Curious if it is you, or an imitator.

A very good troll at the end there sir. Schafnit's reaction was priceless.

+ Reply to Thread