+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PST - Episode 100

Oh noes!!!
    I watched 99 today! I missed 100. I r sad panda.... (get it?)
    Guess I'll wait till two years from now.
    Still appreciate the work, Lore. Great job on standing up to your promise.

Hour 1 - Touch of Death:

Step 1: Glyph Touch of Death.
    Step 2: Use against adds, trash mobs, and daily quest mobs.
    Step 3: Watch your DPS skyrocket.

The problem here isn't the ability, its that you expect it to be a Monk execute. Monks don't have an execute. ToD is an extra ability. It is not for boss DPS, and your DPS is balanced around that.

Let me say that again: Monks don't have an execute. They have a way to snipe damage on add packs and trash pulls. That is all.

guy4game.com is trying to sell us gold........again. using video popup ad from 'tube.

Like so many others on this thread, I would like to thank you for this. It was truly an incredible feat of strength, and it's awesome that you followed through on it. My favourite question that asked about "cross-realm realm's". The misplaced apostrophe, the misinformed question, and your silence following made me lol.

I'm also totally ecstatic that I just barely made the cut. I spent half of part 6 and almost the whole of part 7 thinking I didn't send my question in time. So thank you very much for answering those extra questions, it truly made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    Congrats on 100, and major cudos on the 7 hour PST! Impressive!

Also, on the first video you were asked why PST stands for, and you said you didn't know, and that it was just a term you heard in trade chat.

/tell was the "whisper" command in EQ. Much of the nomenclature for wow came from that game as you probably aware, but that was the particular phase to send a personal instant message between players. As an aside, many chat mods for WoW include shortcuts of /t as a shorthand for this reason. Because this was the short command in EQ. You could also use /tt to simply target someone and /tell them. This is included in those mods as well.

Just FYI.
    /t works in WoW... its what I use.... And it is an acronym... he was right.

That may be the craziest thing I've ever seen, gratz on staying alive Lore, and on a 100 episodes of PST. Who knows you may have any other 100 episods in you.
    Dethki

While thanks are in order, I am not going to pretend that your answer to the last question in 5/7 did not disappoint me a lot. As a female gamer its hard enough to not have guys harass us or us having to put up with them telling us to 'get back to the kitchen' or just earn any amount of respect, but your answer of "don't get beat by a girl" is simply infuriating and just illustrates how much harder I have to work to fight against this stupidity. And honestly I was expecting a little bit better then that from you, and it just causes me to respect you a little less. /end rant

Quote Originally Posted by fullofshift View Post
    While thanks are in order, I am not going to pretend that your answer to the last question in 5/7 did not disappoint me a lot. As a female gamer its hard enough to not have guys harass us or us having to put up with them telling us to 'get back to the kitchen' or just earn any amount of respect, but your answer of "don't get beat by a girl" is simply infuriating and just illustrates how much harder I have to work to fight against this stupidity. And honestly I was expecting a little bit better then that from you, and it just causes me to respect you a little less. /end rant
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Don't take things personally on the internet.

"On the internet no one knows I'm a cat."

Breath and carry on.

In part 2 at around 35:30, you get a question about how to get the new mount and compared that to TLPD / Aeonaxx style.
    The answer you give is that you perfer something that you can "work towards". The thing is that I myself have gotten both TLPD and the Aeonaxx mount, and I can tell you that its not just playing around getting luckey. It is alot of work that you have to put in to it.
    You will have to do a lot of research, you will have to spend a lot of time, and do a lot of PVP, and (atleast back in the days when I did it kill off mobs that shared spawncaps).
    Just going to the area where it spawns and wait wont get you anything unless you are VERRY lucky.

I accept your answer, since it was "whats YOUR thoughts on this", I just wanted to point out that for us mount farmers, there is more to it than luck.

Thanks for the show.

I am not going to pretend that your answer to the last question in 5/7 did not disappoint me a lot.
    Yeah, I was disappointed by that answer too. I hope it was a case of fatigue clouding his judgment.

'twas a joke, apologies if that did not come across clearly. I found the question itself to be fairly misogynistic already and thought the best way to illustrate how silly it was was a sarcastic response along the same lines. No offense to female raiders intended (and for those who may question my intentions, it may be worth noting that at the present time both our melee and ranged DPS officers are female).

In my mind, the best way to fight against sexism in gaming is to illustrate how ridiculous it truly is. This was an attempt to do so by poking fun at someone who was (as near as I could tell from how the question was worded) struggling to cope with being 1-up'ed by his girlfriend. Again, apologies if that didn't come across very clearly. I WAS 5 hours into answering questions at that point :P
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Not sure if it has been metioned already but mik scrolling battle text but you can only show crits with that addon....

Also, epic PST is epic

Just an idea for if you ever do something this utterly insane again, try doing it in a day by day style rather than at the end of an entire week.

Having watched all of it I just want to say thank you for 7 hours.
    At least you could still smile at my question 6 hours in.

-------------------------------
    "Because they're gnomes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    'twas a joke, apologies if that did not come across clearly. I found the question itself to be fairly misogynistic already and thought the best way to illustrate how silly it was was a sarcastic response along the same lines. No offense to female raiders intended (and for those who may question my intentions, it may be worth noting that at the present time both our melee and ranged DPS officers are female).

In my mind, the best way to fight against sexism in gaming is to illustrate how ridiculous it truly is. This was an attempt to do so by poking fun at someone who was (as near as I could tell from how the question was worded) struggling to cope with being 1-up'ed by his girlfriend. Again, apologies if that didn't come across very clearly. I WAS 5 hours into answering questions at that point :P
    While thanks are in order, I am not going to pretend that your answer to my question did not disappoint me a lot. As a gnome gamer its hard enough to not have everyone harass us or us having to put up with them telling us to 'get a pair of stilts' or just earn any amount of respect, but your answer of "because they're gnomes" is simply infuriating and just illustrates how much harder I have to work to fight against this stupidity. And honestly I was expecting a little bit better then that from you, and it just causes me to respect you a little less. /end rant

+ Reply to Thread