+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pandaria Prot Warrior tanking threat/dps/mitigation question

Pandaria Prot Warrior tanking threat/dps/mitigation question

So I have read many articles and browsed through the forum and cant find a definite answer.
    While gathering up Heroic tank gear in pandaria on my warrior I am not even close to 102% (combined dodge/parry/block) around 44-50% and currently 462 ilvl in tank set

Hit and expertise is another issue (around 5% each) Now for the real question, and this goes back to the old tank days...Reforge from mitigation stats to reach hit/expertise caps? or priority mitigation stats and find an acceptable/minimum amount of hit/expertise? I dont really have threat issues but am somewhat rage starved and that's probably from my hit/expertise?

From all combos of reforge/enchant I doubt I can reach either 102% mititgation or 7.5% hit/expertise. What should the balance be?

any input would be great
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebear/advanced
    Last edited by loujitsu; 10-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Stat priority is hit/expertise > mastery/stamina > parry/dodge (intended to be at equal rating)

Stamina vs Mastery will depend a lot on the amount of unblockable damage you take and what kind of healer setup you got.

So e.g. your helm you want to reforge dodge to hit/exp rather than the Mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I have a hard time believing you are asking these questions after reading the articles in this forum. But hey, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as they say.

102.4% no longer exists. There is now a 2 roll system, the first for parry/dodge and the second for block. There is no way to come anywhere close to CTC cap outside of SBlock.

As for stat priorities... You know what? Forget it. There are at least 3 incredibly relevant posts with well thought out discussions on that very subject. There is absolutely no way you could have possibly "read many articles and browsed through this forum" without reading those and coming to the conclusion that it depends on the fight, your gear, your healers, etc. etc. and that there are no definitive answers, at least not yet. Stop being lazy.

Yes, I got confused like crazy as well, the more threads I read, the more contradicting things got, patchnotes and things people found out changed the original assumptions, and I just wanted to curl up and play my mage And all I wanted was a quick strategy that would stop my healer from going insane, while waiting for the masterminds like Theck and others to come up with something solid.

Airowird's response reflects the current consensus, http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...tat-priorities. I think explains it best - and I'll probably keep an eye on that particular thread for updates and changes. Goodness, I haven't read this much math since BC back when I dealt with defense, and resilience gave defense, and agi gave significant dodge...

Resilience didn't give defense, it gave crit reduction (which the def 'cap' was all about)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Argh! Yes, of course, you're right. Crit reduction so you could get away with having less defense and still not get crushed, iirc.
    Can I blame my age for my poor memory?

I go ahit and expertise cap before all...stamin and mastery...i get criticized sometimes while tanking but its just because i dont play like ppl want me to...i tank fine....but theres the saem old problems of ppl not using their heads and having pet taunts on...and doing stupid things just to make things more difficult....then as always it usually ends up with the random dungeon finder rage..always when schools' out coincidentally....at times it may be my fault..rarely tbh but im tired of ppl still having to be told what to do and not to do...ppl just dont seem to want to listen...its ridiculous up to the point after 6 months maybe longer i quit..came back ran dungeons flawlessly...now ppl are starting to complain and whine again just like before...its only been 1 and a hlf months back and already im doubting ill re-subscribe....its just not worth it ...no matter how many chances i give ppl and this game...its just not worth it....

+ Reply to Thread