+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gold in MoP

Gold in MoP

I've never been one to actively try to make gold, I basically kept enough around to feed my raiding habit. I'm finding in MoP that gold just seems to flow in. I recall prior to MoP launching, people were discussing inflation because of all the gold available and how Blizz would have to find gold sinks to soak off the excess gold - never quite made sense since there is no "money supply" in a fanasty game with a unlimited currency, but whatever.

Far from soaking off gold, MoP seems to be generating more gold than ever. I've been trying to figure out why and I've come to the conclusion it's the abundance of resources available. Herbs, cloth, leather, ore seem to be every where. If you have a gatherer, there's no need for the AH to level professions or get mats for crafting. I'm finding I can get a 5.5 stacks of Ghost Iron Ore just doing my Tillers dailies and not even fighting for every node, then again fight is the wrong term - "you want that node, fine, there's one over here for me". For herbs, passing them up is no big deal.

I have to say it is a pleasure to not fight for resources and to be able to craft without spending hours upon hours getting mats - Titansteel I hate you.

Anyone else notice this?

And, if you need Trillium, a stack of Ghost Iron gets you a bar of that, too.

But yeah, gold is comfortable if you just do your thing, and easy to make a good amount if you push a little. Of course, every exalted rep has a mount, too, and if you're a completionist, that 103K gold mount is there to soak some up. I probably won't get to that, but...

I've been doing the ore shuffle when prices are low, selling blue gems uncut, turning greens into rings to D/E and sell, and crafting panthers like crazy. It's retarded how much gold is coming in, all I do is sit in the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yes, there is an abundance of ore and herbs but there is, at least on my server Garona, a SEVERE lack of spirit of harmony or whatever they are called....so crafting is basically non-existent for where it should be "this far" into the xpac. Sure, I see some crafted blues in the AH but their VASTLY overpriced compared to the value of the raw materials on the AH. Why? The motes are hard to get. The lack of that harmony being available is gating a lot of things...wish they'd hurry up and remove the soulbound tag on it so the market can really flow. I've got a ton of gold but nothing to spend it on other than highly overpriced lower level things.
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

I bet they'll make Spirits BoA at some point, but may not make them BoE till almost the end.

Um isn't the point of the harmonies being BoP an attempt at making the crafting profession being financially viable? anyway crafters aren't going to craft a piece of gear, say some gloves, and stick it on the AH becuase if they did that and people wanted to have crafted chest instead they've wasted the spirits. It's much better for us to to "bespoke" stuff; spamming trade with "BS LF work [Blacksmithing], have spirits" and see what people want made.

Furthermore the easily aquired epic recipes aren't actually all that good, 476ilvl, the VP gear is better, the LFR gear is on par, the dungeon gear is on par. its not until you get the HoF/ToES trash drop recipes that you get decent ilvl patterns, and those require Bloodspirits, which being as they require lotte from HoF/ToES to be D/Eed, it's highl unlikey you're gonna see much of that sort of crafted stuff on the AH.

For about 5 minutes of pottering around on the farm each day you can make 1.6 spirits, hell if you just want to grind them out head over Sra'vess or the shado-pan daily islands and you can just aoe the mobs down and get lots that way. If you're like me and a relgious daily doer, the spirits just tend to pile up i get 3-4 a day without actually farming for them.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

In previous xpacs the "restricted" crafting materials were a bit easier to come by, you just had to do a dungeon. Forcing people to farm (literally lol) or grind out mobs is ridiculous. You have an abundance of ore and herbs but no one has plans b/c they're too costly or they don't have enough of those damn spirits. I've got way more gold than I've ever had and I can't spend it b/c no one has anything to craft, literally. Just seems like things are way harder to come by than in previous xpacs even though gold is far easier to get.

I wish I could pay someone 20k for some bloody gloves but no BS's are coming forward with motes ha!
    Former healbot now a Disgruntled protection warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by protonly View Post
    In previous xpacs the "restricted" crafting materials were a bit easier to come by, you just had to do a dungeon. Forcing people to farm (literally lol) or grind out mobs is ridiculous. You have an abundance of ore and herbs but no one has plans b/c they're too costly or they don't have enough of those damn spirits. I've got way more gold than I've ever had and I can't spend it b/c no one has anything to craft, literally. Just seems like things are way harder to come by than in previous xpacs even though gold is far easier to get.

I wish I could pay someone 20k for some bloody gloves but no BS's are coming forward with motes ha!
    Motes aren't to bad, just plant Songbell seeds that's 1.6 motes a day. I have my BS dedicated to just planting Songbells and so far have crafted 2 pairs of tank gloves, 2 tank chests, pally healing gloves and chest. I have a guildie that makes a least one pair of craft mail gloves every couple of days.

Blood Spirits are a little of an issue and will be until more guilds start clearing content on my server.

So should I be making the tailoring gloves/chest? Think they would actually go on the AH for enough to be worth my time? Edit: 476
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I'd sit in Org/the shed and be advertising your skills on trade
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

On my server the 476 crafteds are going for between 5 and 9k.

Gold is amazing right now. I only started in mid-cata and I had to grind my face off, constantly farming to end up with about 10k or so my the time MoP dropped. Sure, I had Grossed about 70-80k but I was a terrible spender, with an income of about 3-5k a week. Now, just going through the motions; Questing, Dailies, heroics and a little effort into cooking mat farming and I am racking up 10k a week EASY---not even paying attention to the Auction house.... If I go the extra mile and put effort in, I can (and have) gotten about 45k in a week.

+ Reply to Thread