+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Sblock

Need help with Sblock

My guild just did a trial run of MV this weekend and I am in a bind here. I am the raid leader as well as the main tank and from what it seems, I don't have the multi-tasking ability to #1 keep the raid in check (chains puddles etc) call taunts for the energy swaps (stone guardians) and keep up with my Sblock buff. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? More experienced/competent raiders yes but just keeping Sblock up, making sure I have >60 rage for the next one is a chore in itself. Poweraurasclassic isn't working yet (to my knowledge) is there another addon perhaps to track Sblock? Any advise/tips would be greatly appreciated

Power Auras classic has been working fine since 5.0.1 hit.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

You can also use Slam and Awe for timer bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

As far as addons, always be willing to branch out from curse. I use the curse client for most things but when an addon I love isn't working, be willing to google the crap out of it. Curseforge, wowinterface, etc all may have beta or even sometimes alpha versions that will get you back on track.

As far as the multitasking, be willing to delegate. That raider that talks like he's hot shit because he topped meters? Make him do it while calling the taunt swaps. He has nothing to stare at but staying out of fire and his rotation anyways. He can watch the energy while he watches the mob's hp. You'll find out who your real all-stars are when they have to take on something like this. It might be a disaster, but if it is, at least it shuts the smug mofo up.

I realize this is a late post, and totally almost off the topic but you shouldn't be using sblock on Stone Guard. Sbar is leagues ahead for that fight for warriors.

Edit: On-topic: I recently started using Protwarbar and I love it a lot! Gives you everything you ever wanted and more so. Totally customizable too.

For Total damage reduction. FOr spike protection shield block is better. Tanks really need to stop using Total damage reduction as a metric for measuring performance. what kills you is when you take a but load of hits to the face whilst bleeding. not becuase any individual hit/tick is dangerous but becuase you all of them to your face in succesion SHield balck makes it so you can ensure 60% of time you that will never happen.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread