+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior helpful tank macros

Prot Warrior helpful tank macros

Hello, im kinda new to macros, and i was just wondering if anyone could help me with a few macros. What im tryin to do is probably somewhere on this site but i cannot find . I want a macro for my sheild bash and revenge, when sheild bash is on cd it will use revenge. also i was looking for a macro for my thunder clap and cleave, when thunder clap is on cd it will use cleave. thanks for the help

I'm afraid the in-game macros do not offer that sort of functionality.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

i have heard there is a way to do it with a ! like !revenge or something like that

I am assuming you mean Shield Slam and Revenge for that pairing.

Either way, Blizzard does not allow an addon/macro to make a decision for you. That's why this won't work.

The ! in a macro is to prevent toggling. For instance, your auto-attack. Many warrior abilities used to not start your auto-attack if you didn't have enough rage to actually use the ability. So if you wanted to macro auto-attack to start generating rage when you were fighting, pressing the ability repeated would turn auto-attack off and on constantly. Using the ! means to turn it on and if it is already on, leave it on. This doesn't work for most things to auto-cast. I believe it was only Auto-attack and the Hunter auto-shot, maybe Wand(which wand may not exist anymore, not sure).

Edit: Also, not sure that you would want a cleave macro or heroic strike macro at all any more. Rage is a little hard to come by and shield block and shield barrier are a significant part of your damage reduction. If you are using cleave/heroic strike, the odds are you are making your healer have a heart attack.

thanks for the help. are there any other usefull tanking macros that would be nice or sites you can point me to to look at for some? again thanks for the help =)

Code:
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm,nodead] [exists,harm,nodead] Heroic Throw
    /cast Charge
    This can be a good one. Set a focus just before the pull. Charge one target and heroic throw another in a single move on the pull. If there is no focus, it will hit your target.

thanks i will use that one, so does anyone know if theres any way to use revenge and sheild slam in same macro prioritizing sheild slam?

You could use a cast sequence that would not work worth a darn. You would not be able to react effectively to revenge procs or sword and board procs. The only other way I can think of to put them sort of on the same keybind is with a modifier. For instance:

/cast [nomod, @target] Shield Slam
    /cast [mod:alt, @target] Revenge

I haven't tested this and the syntax might have been updated for 5.0. The idea is that it casts Shield Slam if you just use the keybind or click it (hint: learn to keybind if you don't already). If you hold down alt, it will use revenge. You can change the mod:alt to a different modifier key if you prefer.

/cast charge
    /cast heroic leap

Single click casts both, left click fast to leap during charge for great starting aggro + rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread