+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disable "Click to Cast" in Vuhdo

Disable "Click to Cast" in Vuhdo

Hello,
    After watching Lore's WoW 5.0 UI update video I too have moved to Vuhdo. My problem is at 2:25 in the video he mentions disabling the Click to cast in Vudo but does not go into detail where that option is. I would really like to see where that option is to disable it.
    link to vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxJ5...ature=g-user-u

Thanks

If you do not assign any spells in the Spells tab, then there should be nothing to click cast. It may have auto-assigned spells into these and all you have to do is delete the text in those fields.

You can also use basic Blizzard functions there so that these function like normal raid frames. For instance:

Left Click: use the keyword "target"
    Right Click: use the keyword "dropdown"
    Some other useful ones are "assist" and "focus".

When you have the syntax of these correct, the text will change color and put a faded grey text (command) next to it.

Personally, I find that there is at least ONE thing I want to click cast.
    For pally, Lay on Hands so that it is really quick to use but I don't have to use up a keybind for it. I have run out of keybinds as it is.
    For rogue, Tricks of the Trade so I can move it easily on tank swap fights.
    For hunter, Misdirect.
    etc
    The list goes on, but every toon has at least one for me. That's just my preference, however.

Thanks for the reply I will try "target"
    I agree that I do want to click cast things, but I also want to change targets within the group for other things

Additionally, VuhDo will recognize any macros you have created. For instance, on my priest I COULD create a mouseover Heal macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover]Heal

And if I called it, say, MOHeal, then I can assign MOHeal in the Spells tab of VuhDo. When the syntax is right, it should show (macro) in the faded grey text and will cast with that click. This really seems to be the same function as just assigning the heal in the appropriate slot. Pretty sure the addon is just auto-writing the same macro in the background.

I don't see the benefit of doing that unless you want to combine spells like shaman Unleash Elements with Greater Healing Wave or maybe Nature's Swiftness with Healing Touch, etc. Sadly, trying to do that doesn't seem to work if I remember right. I played with getting that to work and can't remember if I ever did. For those kinds of things, I have always just used the keybind for the emergency button (Nature's Swiftness, w/e) and then click casted the heal.

+ Reply to Thread