+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Legendary - Back to Black Temple

I made an account to reply to this because it's killing me...but what is the music at the beginning of the video??

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Sage View Post
    As a solution for this:
    Lets say if each zone as X amount of Points to capture, and if you control 66% of the Zone's Points, your faction controls that zone. This will unlock something like flight paths, also this could give your faction a +5-10% Exp/Honor while within that Zone.
    Flying should not be unlock when you are inside the opposing factions capital cities' zone (imo)
    Then on servers with 55/45% balance, the faction to grab the points first wins the zone for the entire week, because the other side isn't powerful enough to win that much points, assuming it's a fixed timed schedule ( la Auchindoun towers). If it's variable, it's more interesting, but the bonus feels useless, because the moment you want to use it for leveling an alt, you stop defending with your higher level main, thus lose it.

Also World PvP/PvE could also become something like DotA / HoN where X amount of soldiers spawn and assault the other base, when you capture it, you start to raid the next base until you reach the capital. Later if you control a area next to the enemy's faction city, there can be a event to assault the capital (everyone in the capital will then be flagged for PvP ) . . .

What are your thoughts on this?
    Again, you need to be able to reap the benefits of your gains while not defending, so it'ld need to be timed I guess, which makes it into a Wintercra ... I mean Wintergrasp variation.

As people will want to do the zone on their own time, yet at the same time not feel obligated to 'guard' the PvP objectives so others can get benefits out of it, there is only one option:
    A base assault with NPCs in constant conflict that always levels out over say 12 or 24h from either most extreme side, where you can help PvP in the base to move the slider back to your side faster (but capped at e.g. 3h from max control to 50/50), so you can do it at your own pace, you can reap the benefits depending on how much you farm the PvP objectives and the NPCs can help out balance imbalanced servers. (Maybe counter each player from the other faction with another NPC?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma View Post
    I made an account to reply to this because it's killing me...but what is the music at the beginning of the video??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCW4q3I2sNQ
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Then on servers with 55/45% balance, the faction to grab the points first wins the zone for the entire week, because the other side isn't powerful enough to win that much points, assuming it's a fixed timed schedule ( la Auchindoun towers). If it's variable, it's more interesting, but the bonus feels useless, because the moment you want to use it for leveling an alt, you stop defending with your higher level main, thus lose it.
    I see your concern here, I was hoping that CRZ would allow Servers to BE balanced.
    Because there are like 60+ Zones in Azeroth, so we can't have 30+ Zones being in battle at the same time, this would result in people being spread thin.

To further clarify on my idea:
    Lets say the Kalimdor is split into: Horde controlling The Barrens and Felwood. Alliance Controlling Ashenvale and Dustwallow Marsh.

Each faction then needs to choose what their next objective is because they are gathering their forces for this one battle. (Each player going to their Capital and cast their vote using something the Hero board)
    Barrens vs Ashenvale or
    Felwood vs Ashenvale or
    Barrens vs Dustwallow Marsh
    (This is becoming more like Risk)

At Friday 00:00 GMT, all votes are counted and the result is being showed on the Hero Board the entire Day.
    At Saturday 00:00 GMT the battle starts. The event spawns x NPCs each 4-6 hours,
    X = (100 minus Players) + 25 for each controlled Zone next to the contested Zone.
    x2 Honor Bonus during this event.

When the server detects there is an equal amount of players participating on each side (more than 35), otherwise at 19:00 GMT (or some statistic regarding when the most players are online on the server):
    1) Elites spawn (3 + 1 for each controlled Zone next to the contested Zone)
    2) Base Bosses become vulnerable

1) Graveyards are controlled in the same way as the AV and AB Battlegrounds flags.
    2) Bases have a Boss, like AV, once the boss is killed everyone participating in the battle will get some nice items (equal level to the ones dropped from World Bosses).

Benefits while within your own controlled zone outside the event should be something like +DMG and +EXP
    Something else to think about: When you control a Zone that has a instance in, your faction also gets that bonus within that instance

(Also, instead of only Saturday, the Zone that has the 2nd most votes can be contested on Wednesday/Thursday)

On a Side note, what is going to happen to maps such as Outlands and Northrend? I know rehashing old content might be dull, but new players don't know anything about pre-Cata raids.
    Maybe use those raids again like they did in Cata with the old dungeons, and re-scale everything. Now you will get something like a Level 80 ICC HC and a Level 90 ICC HC. Just for that nostalgic feeling since they could be burning out of new ideas.

ALSO, a point that has been bugging me (putting this all on one post). Old Raid currencies. Any chance that Blizzard will implement something: Create your own set bonuses using old Raid currencies.
    (Using Valor to upgrade the stats and using Raid Currencies to set their Set Bonuses).

I know this isn't a suggestion thread for Blizzard developers, but I would like to have more opinions on my ideas.
    Last edited by Dragon_Sage; 10-17-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Honestly if I saw that explanation as a blue post about the new PvP system, the first thought in my mind would be:

Too much work, fuck that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    Honestly if I saw that explanation as a blue post about the new PvP system, the first thought in my mind would be:

Too much work, fuck that!
    Haha.

Even I am overwhelmed by the amount of Dailies to do, but we will get there (in time . .. in End Time)

+ Reply to Thread