+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legendary - Back to Black Temple

Legendary - Back to Black Temple

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Oof. What happened to the audio? The quality has plummeted from usual.

(I'm pretty sure it's not just me - other videos sound fine.)

the audio seems to be borged

Can't buffer the feed......:/

Holy shit why is the preroll at 150 dB? It's ear-damagingly loud.

Also: OOK DAILIES IN THE DOOKER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Would the daily grind that would be with the world vs. world content that we could be seeing would it be worth it if a faction controls a certain amount of area that the faction would gain a buff that would allow players in heroics to get a bag that would give them loot of a lower level epic closer to the LFR gear and give raiders a buff that allows more loot to drop off of bosses?

Those Klaxxi dailies surely aren't tuned around having 3 people, my entire guilds been soloing them each day, even in crummy gear.

I was kinda hoping the brawlers guild WAS going to be soloing raid bosses in an arena with spectator mode.

Here's a concept to encourage world PVP.Maybe it would even make facion worthwhile. Once a toon is Honored in any faction, it would earn PVP honor points for world PVP honorable kills on opposing faction toons (Maybe require buying a tabard to signify participation).......... It would bring back world PVP.

Setup a series of Guild acievements that would give a guild bonses for world PVP (1% crit bonus or somthing....).

Okay that does it , about every 5th letter keeps dropping wen I try and post it eep ruining the ttoght I am tryng writ. It alo kill the vido..... mst annying.

I don’t mind dailies per se. I like going out into the world and playing my character. Many classes, rogues and hunters spring to mind, are more fun to play solo. A rogue in a group is a just leather-clad warrior; a rogue alone is a ninja assassin. Dailies when done right let me feel like I’m accomplishing something even if I just have a small window of playtime. That said, was anyone really asking for more fishing and cooking dailies?

I wonder if it would be worth going back to a system that limited either by cap or availability the number of dailies you could do, but allowed players to apply the rep rewards to their faction of choice. That way you could do the Klaxxi dailies, but apply the rep to Shado-pan. Moreover, they could also randomize each day’s daily quest hub, so that you’re not just doing the same Golden Lotus quests day after day after day.

Dailies should be something to occupy a little bit of my time in the game, not all of it. With so many dailies out there, I think Blizzard had an opportunity to give players more choice and allow them to mix up which set of dailies to do to keep them fresh, instead it feels like one long slog.

With regards to solo v group play...

I believe that the population has a "solo majority". This is in my opinion the justification for all this solo content and Blizzard's comment on CRZs/MMORPG's was contradictory.

The solution is surely to maintain separation between the two. Each have their place but they don't necessarily have to mix.

Don't force those who like group play into solo content.

At the same time don't force those who like solo play into having their game experience negatively impacted upon by other players due to CRZ's and the old mob tagging nonsense.

Just a response to the point raised about "grouping up for dailies" - many people prefer not to do this due the number of quests that are actually slower in a group - you know the ones I mean.

Also grouping up goes against one of the main motivations for these players who prefer solo content - the freedom to play at your own pace, take a break, go to the bathroom, watch TV and get a drink etc whenever you please in a relaxed non-competitive environment.

If these players wanted to be constrained by grouping etiquette or be forced to compete against more aggressive and skilful players for limited quest mobs/items then they would be doing dungeons, scenarios or BG's as opposed to questing.

On paper the daily system in MOP is fantastic for the "solo majority" as they have more content, more cosmetic rewards and can actually improve their characters gear.

The problem is that this content involves to much negative interaction with other players as well as forcing those players with no interest in solo content into doing it too.

I agree, more dailies is a punishment, not a reward. How about this: If your faction wins, they get fewer dailies with greater rewards, if you lose you get far more dailies. The sum still equals out to the same reward, but the winners get done faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    I agree, more dailies is a punishment, not a reward. How about this: If your faction wins, they get fewer dailies with greater rewards, if you lose you get far more dailies. The sum still equals out to the same reward, but the winners get done faster.
    I like this idea.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

So which players are exploiting the server transfer (PAY TO WIN) exploit to reset lockouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    So which players are exploiting the server transfer (PAY TO WIN) exploit to reset lockouts?
    None this time.

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    None this time.
    I kind of thought I heard Lore say otherwise, but I was raiding at the time so I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    An update on this: someone from BL got in touch with me and explained the situation a bit more. Raid lockouts reset at 11:00 AM PST. However, many (if not all?) servers were up and running at around 9:00 AM PST after restarts to enable Mogu'shan Vaults last week. So that means there was about a 2-hour span of time where MV was available but still technically on the previous week's lockout. So if you were able to clear it in that 2-hour span, you got an "extra" clear. As a result, a lot of guilds will look like they were using an exploit, when really the issue was just that Blizzard brought the servers online too early.

Basically, check to see how many Stone Guard kills someone has. The maximum possible kills without exploiting server transfers, as of this week, is 4 -- 1 LFR, and then either 3 normal or 2 normal and 1 heroic. LOTS of guilds are being blamed for exploiting server transfers right now that haven't.

We'll be discussing this in next week's Legendary as well.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

The issue with adding PvP stats is that they do not add things like Crit, Hit, Mana, Mana Reg, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Dawn View Post
    The issue with adding PvP stats is that they do not add things like Crit, Hit, Mana, Mana Reg, Etc.
    I think it is in the context that nowdays the way PVP gear is created is: you create a PVE piece that has certain item level, lets say 450 (like the best weapon you get from questing) it has the appropiate PVE stats for that item level then you add PVP Power/Resilence and there you have your PVP weapon, what Blizzards needs to do is pick the right item level so PVErs don't look for it and give it more PVP Power/Resilence so it is better than any PVE weapon that you can get in another way, in this case dungeons and LFR; it doesn't have to be amazing, or any good, just good enough for entry level PVP.

That 450 weapon that you get at Kun-lai summit seems the perfect target, you add it PVP stats and put it in a Honor vendor in addition to being available via the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    So, the idea is to polarize each server..... so they are 90%+ Horde or Alliance? Yeah.... sounds fantastic...... -_-

It's bad enough being the losing faction on a server as it is. I think this kinda of thing would only make the problems worse. I know what the thinking is, that this out create incentive for the losing faction to fight harder, show up more, etc. You'd be ignoring the idea that the winning faction would do the exact same thing.

Prediction? Faction transfers increase, world pvp devolves even more, and people become even less interested in realm/server pvp. Go look up "learned helplessness". That already exists on some servers.

No one tanks in a void.........

In regards to the World PvP where you have to maintain a base and assault the other faction's base and the discussion of rewards regarding this event.

For some time now there has being arguments that Players don't explore the World anymore since there are either Mage Portals or Flight Path locations are automatically unlocked when you reach the required level, and since Flying in the Azeroth has been unlocked its just a matter of flying directly to the location. On this note, I've seen people that are going to raid a enemy city, just flies directly to the boss to kill it, what happened to storming through the front gates and killing everything?

As a solution for this:
    Lets say if each zone as X amount of Points to capture, and if you control 66% of the Zone's Points, your faction controls that zone. This will unlock something like flight paths, also this could give your faction a +5-10% Exp/Honor while within that Zone.
    Flying should not be unlock when you are inside the opposing factions capital cities' zone (imo)

Also World PvP/PvE could also become something like DotA / HoN where X amount of soldiers spawn and assault the other base, when you capture it, you start to raid the next base until you reach the capital. Later if you control a area next to the enemy's faction city, there can be a event to assault the capital (everyone in the capital will then be flagged for PvP ) . . .

What are your thoughts on this?

+ Reply to Thread