+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Elegon mechanic I need help with

Some Elegon mechanic I need help with

We've gotten him to 12% best try so far and we know what to do to improve. The only thing that still causes some danger for us is the spark adds on phase 3. These are the adds that spawn after (or during) killing the pillars. Sometimes I've seen only a handful of these spawn, sometimes we have loads. Is there some way of controlling this ?

Some working theories:
    Killing pillars faster = fewer adds ?
    Killing pillars at the same time = fewer adds ?
    Maybe the pillars are what is energizing Elegon during this phase and killing 'pairs' of pillars will reduce his energy to spawn adds ? (or does that trigger him to start spawning ?).

This single aspect of the fight is bugging my brain. Does anyone here know how this works ?

How many sparks are you killing during the spark phase? I will be releasing my Elegon guide next, that's what i'm working on now, but what we found is that you need to kill 5 to 6 sparks during the first phase, so you're able to have that 60% debuff on the boss. u most likely can get away with 5 sparks but ideally you need 6, for us we have a tank on each side of the map and split the group into 2, tanks will pick up all the adds and move to a stack point that was assigned bring both tank together and aoe as one of the tank picks Elegon back up

Is that 25 man? Because in 10 man we only kill 4 sparks and have no problem with enrage.

We are having some misunderstanding here. I'm talking about the adds that spawn 'after' you kill 4-6 waves of adds heading to the pillars. It's the adds spawning after pillars have been activated. And yes, this is 25man.

They do hit like trucks...I'm not positive about the number that spawn though. I can't honestly say I paid enough attention. One thing that might be of use is that they're rootable. Shamans w/earthbind (which is particularly nice because it pulses), frost nova, etc...all seem to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

From the dungeon journal, I believe somewhere in phase 3 it states whenever a pillar drops Elegon gains 10% casing speed and damage for the phase. I have assumed that he casts the add missiles and so staggering the pillars would results in more casts and more adds. Most of the time we don't worry about to too much because they have to drop in pairs anyways and just have a holy pally with RF bring them all to one side and me (blood dk) kiting them. Obviously ending the phase faster equals less adds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbid View Post
    We are having some misunderstanding here. I'm talking about the adds that spawn 'after' you kill 4-6 waves of adds heading to the pillars. It's the adds spawning after pillars have been activated. And yes, this is 25man.
    oh no I understood I was replying directly to mystic

10 man feels easier on this boss. Had our 12% wipe on 10man, day before reset. Went in tonight on 25man and had serious issues with berserk timer If we got more then 2 adds on ph1 at the start, we were screwed.

We also felt killing 5 wave of adds was too rng, based on everyone having good procs, so we decided on killing only 4 waves, seems very doable like that.

The adds on pillar phase seemed to spawn a lot less if we killed pillars fast. 8 adds at 1 point. 20 on the try after as 1 pillar was up for far too long.

Looks very doable from my perspective atm, gotta see on monday when our next raid is. Didn't look very promising when we were getting 20 adds on pillar phase and hitting berserk on second pillar phase Yay for progress

Killing a pair of pillars gives elegon a 20% increase in damage done and casting speed. This means that if you kill two sets of pillars, but the 3rd set stays up for to long the adds will spawn at a significantly increased rate. What we found is that actually doing the achievement for the boss (straight six) is by far the easiest way to control the number of adds. Just have the DPS that are on each power orb handle their pillar and bring all 6 down at the same time.

You want to kill the pillars as close as possible to minimize the number of adds. What we do is have the dps assigned to the energy charges that goes to that pillar kill the pillar. Any dot classes should be dotting all of them on that side, remember the adds can be CC'd and as you move to group up waiting for the floor you want to single target and burst them down. Once the floor is back have the melee aoe the adds that are on elegon, and have the ranged dps the adds on the tank not actively tanking elegon. In phase 3 you want to stack them up and aoe them down before going all out on elegon himself.

Basically every pillar when it dies gives him 10% casting speed which causes the adds to come 10% faster per pillar, so if you have one pillar lacking behind you will have a period where he has 50% increase casting speed which means quite a few more adds.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

+ Reply to Thread