+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [10N] Heart of Fear - Blade Lord Ta'Yak Guide By Mysticknight

[10N] Heart of Fear - Blade Lord Ta'Yak Guide By Mysticknight

Raid Compassion:
    For this encounter you will need:
    Tanks [2]
    Healers [3]
    DPS [5]

So this fight is broken down into 2 phases these are the spells your raid will have to handle in phase one:
    Tempest Slash - Creates a tornado that will inflect 130,000 damage and knock back anyone in its path
    Unseen Strike - Targets a random raider and disappear for 5 sec, He will then reappear and inflect 5,400,000 damage that will be split with all that is hit
    Wind Step - Targets a random raider and inflect 153,000 damage over 3 sec and hit anyone within his target of 8 yards.
    Intensify - this is a stacking buff on the boss that will increase his damage and haste by 5% every 60 sec.
    Overwhelming Assault - A stacking debuff on the tanks that will increase damage taken by 100% for 45 sec also initial hit will apply a 150% damage increase to the boss on his strike.

This encounter will have 4 hall ways that you're able to move into, this will allow you to avoid the tornado that are spawned around the area you are tanking the boss in

Phase One (100% to 20%)
    When you first start this encounter you will want to have the tank hold the boss where he stands, you will have your raid stay spread 9 yards a part. You do this so Wind Step wont infect more then 1 person. The Tanks will want to do a taunt swap after the main tank gains 1 stack of Overwhelming Assault. after this point taunt as it drops off, the tanks will most likely have 2 stacks after the first set of taunts.

Blue Dot = Tanks, Lime Dots = Melee DPS, Yellow Dots = Healers, Orange Dots = Range DPS
    Keeping your raid spread out 9 yards apart will allow you to handle his Wind Step

The boss will be casting Tempest strikes and causing Tornado that will spawn on the map have your raid stay spread and avoid getting hit by these.

Each time Tempest Strike is cast he will spawn a Tornado near his target and will not despawn till he hits phase 2

Once the boss cast Unseen strike you will have 5 sec to stack on the person with the Red arrow on the top of their head. The raid will then share the damage of this strike (we used a raid cool down each time we all stack up to take the unseen strike. Also note that the unseen strike will do a knock back. after the 3rd unseen strike we moved the boss and raid clock wise to the hall on the right. the area that u were in will most liky be filled with tornado. Rinse and repeat, and move to a different hall way after 3 strikes.

Once Unseen Strike has been cast the boss will disappear for 5 sec, his target will have a Red arrow on top of his head, have your raid stack up in-front of the boss to share the damage of the strike

Once you are almost 20% its best to make sure no other unseen strikes are coming up, and before you push 20% to phase make sure everyone is topped off.

Phase Two (19% to Win)
    Storm Unleashed - a raid debuff that will Inflect 20,000 Damage per sec.

Once you reach 20% the boss will then suck everyone to the center of the room, and move you to one end of the hall, he will be casting tornado down the opposite side of the hall. You will have the whole raid move side to side avoid tornado to get to the boss and burn him. Save lust for when you have the whole raid burning him. We used raid cool downs as people travel through the wind tunnel to the other boss. Also note anyone that gets hit by the tornado will be sent back about 15 yards of where they are hit. He will then Move to the other side of the room and you must have your whole raid once again travel through the wind tunnel again and burn him down to win.

Make sure to top your raid off to full before moving through the wind tunnel

Over all this fight is quite simple, the hard part will be having your raid not get hit by tornado in the final phase. Make sure everyone is topped off before they take they journey down the wind tunnel.

I will be doing a video guide of this encounter soon!

This guide was written as of patch 5.0.5

Written by Mysticknight of US-Thrall

Video of kill will be posted soon

Make sure to check out my youtube.com/mysticknight27 for latest kill videos and helpful videos!

How to Dodge Tornado Tunnel

Our Kill Video with Vent:
    Last edited by Mysticknight27; 11-02-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Storm Unleashed phase is at 20% not 40. He then moves to the other side of the hall at 10%, due to the short burn lust is not ideal for this time, but instead early in the encounter to keep stacks down.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight View Post
    Storm Unleashed phase is at 20% not 40. He then moves to the other side of the hall at 10%, due to the short burn lust is not ideal for this time, but instead early in the encounter to keep stacks down.
    ty fixed, was late last night when we were doing the encounter was trying to do it off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticknight27 View Post
    ty fixed, was late last night when we were doing the encounter was trying to do it off the top of my head.
    Np although you still have 40% in the first sentence of the description of the phase. Nice guides btw, they look similiar to the guides I have posted for my raiders on the guild forums.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Might i ask from which site are you making those pretty pictures ^_^

I'm taking my own screen shot and making them in photoshop

+ Reply to Thread