+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Enchant Procs

Weapon Enchant Procs

For what it's worth, here's a recent blue post on the fix to weapon enchant procs:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893549789

Seems to be an improvement. I'm just wondering how Windsong picks what to proc; I have it on my healing weapon on my pally and keep getting mastery procs; personally, I still think haste is preferable.

Knowing my luck, if I put it on my weapon it would only proc crit, instead of the useful mastery and haste :/

I'm using Collosus right now and am temped to go to Windsong in light of the fix; as you said, if I could get haste or mastery procs that would be very nice.

After taking a few shots at Stoneguards as a tank, I'm liking haste; just feels wierd as Prot; so used to grabbing all the haste I could as Holy, and now I'm tempted as Prot after you all pointing its usefulness.

TLDR of the mechanics post:

TLDR:

First system (ICD proc)
    Effect occurs on a fairly consistent time-table. A quasi-/use buff on a regular cooldown, which does not require the player to activate it

Second system (PPM proc)
    Effect occurs more randomly, proc chance is based on the Proc Per Minute rate and the amount of attacks (both melee and special) that you perform. Can proc back-to-back, during the previous effect, or not at all for a while. Is affected by haste, classes with higher attack speeds and more spammable special abilities tend to see more procs.

Third system ("real" PPM proc)
    Chance to proc is higher if you have not had a proc for a while. Should result in a more predictable uptime than standard PPM, but still not as regular as the ICD proc. Is affected by haste, but should not give high APS classes an increased benefit from the enchant when compared to other classes.

Accurate?

Looks right to me.

So as an H Pally who o/d's on haste, that thing should be firing off all the time.

So they clarified yesterday; Windsong procs of one of the three buffs randomly, so you can get crit procs as a tank. It's not one of the "highest stat is chosen" procs.

And you can get different stacks at the same time. 1650 Haste and Mastery rating ... yummy

+ Reply to Thread