+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [10N] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Stone Guards Guide By Mysticknight

[10N] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Stone Guards Guide By Mysticknight

Raid Compassion:
    For this encounter you will need:
    Tanks [2]
    Healers [3]
    DPS [5]

These are the spells your raid will need to deal with.

Overload - Once any of the guardians reach full energy it will blow up and deal 500,000 damage if its not the active guard

Solid Stone - If the guardians is alone he will not gain energy for overload.

Random 3 Guardians per 10N

One of these mechanics will be in effect depending on which Guardian is active.

Jasper Chain - This will link 2 random raid members (not including tanks) and inflect 35,000 damage from targets 10 yards apart and will break after 15 sec.

Amethyst Pools - Will drop purple pools on the ground that will cause aoe damage of 70,00 damage per sec for anyone standing on them.

Jade Shards - Aoe damage inflecting 85,700 damage to everyone in the raid.

Colbolt Mine - Targets a random raid member, and will blow up after 3 sec and cause 340,000 aoe damage with in 7 yards of it

Tanks
    In this encounter you will have to deal with multiple bosses, when ever the stone guardians are together they will start gaining energy. Once they are full they will cast Overload. This is why you want to have your main tank to hold two of the Stone Guardians (One being the active stone guardian, meaning that it has a aura on it to indicate its active) and off tank the 3rd away from the other two so the debuff Solid Stone.

The Pull

Triangle = Jade Guardian, Diamond = Amethyst Guardian, X = Jasper Guardian, Square = Main Tank, Star = Off Tank,

Once you pull one of the guardian will start to glow with the aura of their colour, this will mean that they are active, have the main tank hold the active guardian and another guardian as the off tank keeps it away from the others, this will put a Solid Stone debuff on the one they are tanking and will stop the guardian from gaining energy.

Positioning

We found this was the best way to do the encounter, keeping the tanks across from each other moving clockwise, so it was easy to do taunt swaps and move out of Amethyst pools.

Once the main tank is holding the two guardians, they will both start to gaining energy, Once both of the guardian reaches 45 energy you will do a taunt swap of the 2 inactive guardians. The one that is active now will continue to charge to full and cast Overload. If an inactive Guardian reaches full energy and cast overload it will do an enormous amount of AOE Damage. This is also true if an active Guardian is alone, So you always want to tank swap the inactive guardian with the off tank, so that the active one will be higher energy as it charges. When the inactive guardian on the off-tank is nearly full energy, you will need need have the tanks stack on each other and then taunt swap and then split them up again.

Green Dot = Jade Guardian, Purple Dot = Amethyst Guardian, Red Dot = Jasper Guardian, Square = Main Tank, Star = Off Tank, Blue Dot = Melee DPS, Orange Dot = Range DPS/Healers

Rinse and Repeat!

DPS/Healers
    Jasper Chains - For Healers and DPS we keep 2 different stack points, we keep range DPS and healers on orange dot. and melee staying with the tanks. We found this the best way to handling Jasper Chains. If someone in Range and melee are linked then they are already apart and the chain will break in 15sec. If 2 range or 2 melee is picked then we had the healers keep them topped off. This help to avoid confusion on who had to move apart and allow the healers to just focus on healing. Note you should only break chains if Jasper is the active one.

Amethsy Pools - Don't stand in them, this is why we have the tanks kite clockwise.

Jade Shards - Just heal and use raid cool downs as needed.

Colbot Mine - Move away from them, this is why we have the tanks kite clockwise. (if Colbot is active, you should have the off tank pop these since they will build up over time and may be in the way.)

Rinse and Repeat Then Win!

I will be doing a video guide of this encounter soon!

This guide was written as of patch 5.0.5

Written by Mysticknight of US-Thrall

Sorry never ended up recording a 10man video, so here a link of our 25man kill instead.
    Our Kill Video with Vent

Our Heroic 10 Kill video with vent:
    Last edited by Mysticknight27; 11-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Awesome! Much better!

Thank you for sharing this information! =D

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Sorry never ended up recording a 10man video, so here a link of our 25man kill instead.
    Our Kill Video with Vent
    Last edited by Mysticknight27; 11-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Curious, what is the mod just to the right of middle, showing the stack amounts for each of the guardians? Thanks -

Probably either DBM or BigWigs...I think they both do something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Thanks Ion. I don't recall seeing it in DBM, but I'll check again. ty

Quote Originally Posted by Mornak View Post
    Thanks Ion. I don't recall seeing it in DBM, but I'll check again. ty
    It MAY only be available in BigWigs...I do seem to recall someone saying that one or the other of them was specifically more useful for one fight...that may have been it. I'm captain ambiguous right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Re: [10N] Mogu'Shan Vaults - Stone Guards Guide By Mysticknight

It is labeled as info box in dBm when you have it in config mode mine defaulted to the bottom right corner of the screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The raid addon that i use are DBM just make sure you use the Alpha ver of the add on, it gets updated daily and is always having a lot of new raid waiting for progression encounters. http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/dea...ss-mods/files/

Display energy on boss' nameplates?

Hiya!

We're struggling a bit with the Stone Guard bosses in MV and it is largely due to energy resource management for each of the bosses. Is there a way (addon?) that can show each boss' energy above the heads of the bosses for easy viewing? It would make it easier for the raid leader to see which tank's got what boss at what energy level. I could not find that Tidy Plates had an option for that. Realistically it should be easy to code since the energy is shown on the boss name plates to the left of the screen. All is needed to grab that info and put them on the name plate of each boss.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Aeca

Quote Originally Posted by Aecasorg View Post
    Hiya!

We're struggling a bit with the Stone Guard bosses in MV and it is largely due to energy resource management for each of the bosses. Is there a way (addon?) that can show each boss' energy above the heads of the bosses for easy viewing? It would make it easier for the raid leader to see which tank's got what boss at what energy level. I could not find that Tidy Plates had an option for that. Realistically it should be easy to code since the energy is shown on the boss name plates to the left of the screen. All is needed to grab that info and put them on the name plate of each boss.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Aeca

The simplest way i found to control the energy of each guard has been to have a single tank swap, this will also help in heroic progression, you will first start the encounter and have one tank hold 2 and the 2nd tank hold one, who ever has the active guard will then need to taunt and keep to so both will start to gain energy. once the active guard has 45 energy have the tank holding the single guard taunt. after the active guard reset and another pick just taunt the one with lowest energy generally that be the one that was last active.

Tank One holds J/C
    Tank Two holds A

J= active and gaining power and so is C
    Once J = 45 energy Tank Two Taunts J and now is holding J = 45 and A = 0
    J resets to 0, A is now = 45, and A = Active
    A resets to 0, J = 45,
    C=45 is now active, Tank one Taunts A = less then 20.

so who ever has the active guard will then taunt the guard that just reset its energy.

here is a link of Our heroic Guards 10 Kill:

For all the latest Videos visit:

Thanks for your reply!

Yes that is the same way we're trying now, with the active boss being taunted back and forth. However we have another person call the taunts (i.e. me) for the tanks (the tanks struggle to see or get an overview) so I just wanted so I could easier see where the energy levels are on the bosses and where they are. I get confused where each boss is sometimes and then call the wrong taunts :S

Aeca

I normal and heroic you can see that the updated ver of dbm will have a health bar and energy bar for each of the guards for us we just call out the colour who ever is active will taunt blue next and so on. also dbm will have a window showing how much energy is on each to.
    For all the latest Videos visit:

I've sorted it now. We did it last night with huge improvement. I've finally got my head around how the pulls should be done, so now it is easy.

Thanks again for your help!

Aeca

+ Reply to Thread