+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Relic of Niuzao

But you can't say "8000 dodge is 1300 mastery" because it isn't. 3600 mastery rating (JWL nh/courage) is 6% additional reduction for ShoR, 30% more WoG healing and 6% block.

I'm not saying dodge is mastery, I'm just using theck's numbers for equivalence to compare the value of that much dodge to how much mastery would give the equivalent value for survival. You can't just simply look at the trinket and say dodge is useless... it is comparable by a certain degree to mastery for all tanks, even plate tanks. Yes DR sucks for plate wearers but it doesn't make dodge useless, otherwise their would be an uproar from the plate community about dodge being on our gear.

I would be totally fine with only having mastery and haste on my gear. Warriors, on the other hand, would not. I'm not saying the trinket is useless, but there are definitely much better alternatives out there for Paladins.

So then Fetzie...are you attempting to maximize haste? Reforge for it? Roll against dps for it?

Haste is equal to, if not slightly better than, Mastery. I'm hoping I can get it with bonus roll. At the moment I have to reforge to hit and expertise, as I need hit cap and expertise hard cap.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    are you attempting to maximize haste? Reforge for it? Roll against dps for it?
    This is my main issue with the changes to tanking stats. A neck, for example, with str, stam, expertise, and mastery/haste is a great prot pally neck, but it will create some tension when tanks start rolling on non-traditional tank gear even though the stats are more ideal currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Haste is equal to, if not slightly better than, Mastery. I'm hoping I can get it with bonus roll. At the moment I have to reforge to hit and expertise, as I need hit cap and expertise hard cap.
    Pretty sure you won't be getting haste gear on your bonus roll...I'm pretty sure it's giving you something based on your current spec (I got a goddamn resto belt when I used it on a fight I healed, frex). I doubt they're shipping prot paladins haste gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

I'm thinking I could respec to retri before hitting "roll"

I expect that will work...I'm certainly trying it the next time I heal...spirit mail isn't exactly something I need a bonus on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

so the conclusion was that for warriors, its good but not BIS or game breaking? that was my understanding of this thread so far... pally haste stuff went way over my head

I think relic + mastery trinket like the one from Elegon is BiS for warriors & dks, but once the other 2 raids open you have the option to go with 2 great mastery trinkets. I rate the other stamina trinkets a little below relic of niuzao but they aren't bad either and will give a bit more stamina. Trinkets are always easy to swap based on the fight and the darkmooncard should be easy to get once they fix the ink traders

All DMF trinks caught a nerf on the latest PTR build, lost 5k dodge rating on ours.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Weekly-Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Meh, the only interesting thing on it was the stamina anyway...

Let me know if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Let me know if this works.
    Yes, it works. I've respecc'd from dps to tank during a bonus roll and got protection gear with the bonus coin. I've read many posts of others doing something similar.

You have to be prompt though, as respeccing is not instantaneous and my computer can seem a little laggy after a LFR boss kill.

OT: shame about the relic nerf. Fetzie has a point about the stamina, but 8k dodge is of the kind of magnitude where even the cinderella stats of avoidance are nice to have. IIRC, it translates into about 10 percentage points of dodge or so, which is non-trivial. I macro'd it to divine protection for a nice small 1 min CD: 10% dodge and 20% dr on what gets through. At 3k, it is not a button I'd bother pushing (going to macro the VP one instead, when I get it).

Trinket nerf isnt going live, blue confirmed earlier today.

Something interesting a guildy from me brought up what would the stats on the DMC trinket be after a ilvl increase? If those supposed nerfs were just itemlevel changes for challenge modes, the itemlevel bonus on this could be huge

Trinket nerf isnt going live, blue confirmed earlier today.
    They said it was just for Challange mode; the stat reduction and said something about the dangers of data mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlar View Post
    im a prot war and my GM is freaking out for me to get the relic, but im thnking its not that great, i mean with our current stat priorities, its only good for magic fights, but that makes the dodge useless... am i missing something? or is he wrong?
    your GM needs a knowledge check

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

+ Reply to Thread