+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gara'jal Spiritbinder - Spiritual Innervation

Gara'jal Spiritbinder - Spiritual Innervation

Hey All,
    can anyone explain how does it work?

We had some dps problems on this boss so I would like to know how to gain maximum from this mechanic. Sometimes dps got out with 10% buff sometimes 20%. Is it stacking on overhealing? If so then on amount healed per 1 heal or dps should be just spammed to "death" with small heals and each heal will count as 1 stack (as Gatekeeper in FL raid).
    We did even try Lay on Hands but never could get more than 23%.

1) How does buff goes up? One big heal (bigger heal=bigger buff) or many small (each heal one stack)
    2) Is there cap on buff, like 23%?
    If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average

From what my raid was saying as we were learning it seems that bigger heals increase it more (flash heal may make it go from 2-4 while a greater heal will make it go from 2-8 for example), and since you get put back to 100% mana when you leave there is no reason to not spam your largest heal.

As for the other question the highest reported stack we got was 26%

from what im reading its how big the heal is not how many heals.

Moved to the raid section as it pertains to a raid boss question =)

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

we are faceing the same problems as op in 10man. the first 2 bosses were no bigger deal for us, so i'm wondering if we didn't get the mechanics right, or if our dps is simply too low atm (enrage at >20% life).
    we are doing the fight with 3 healers, because we had problems with 2 healers, if 1 healer had the voodoo-debuff and had to stay up for 2 totem-phases in the "real world", he went oom. also it seems to me, that our tanks (esp. dk) and along the 2 voodoo-victims are taking tons of damage.
    any suggestions? should we not bring a dk tank on this fight? should we try with 2 or 3 healers? should we prefer special classes to send down in the spirit-world? any news on how spiritual innervation works (everyone, seems to have a different opinion on this)?
    thanks for your help!
    Last edited by tekkinator; 10-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Dk and druid tanks (while extremely capable of doing it as I am evidence of) are based on self healing. This makes them take more damage (on every fight, all the time, not just this fight). Not sure what a DK has but as a druid I took off one of my stam trinkets and put on a trinekt with an agi use (the stam trinket I kept was the one from palace with the dodge proc). I also speced for natures vigil so I could have a 25K heal every global for 25 seconds. I never used savage roar unless I had massive ammounts of rage, instead making sure I never did not have savage defense active. It is about effective cooldown usage and even though some of his attacks bypass absorption mechanics a disc priest is vital to the 2-healing strat and NEEDS to be the one healing the DK (we used a disc priest for shields and a holy palaldin for beacon)

DK in my opinion is on of best tanks here. Other tank is Paladin (in our case)

Woodoo Dolls are working only on dmg taken so if dmg is absorbed other 2 woodoo dolls do not take any dmg (as only from shadow bolts)
    While our Paladin is starting to tank I am starting to get blood shield. On Banishment I have max Bloodshield = 580k.
    Bloodshield runs out only for last 20 seconds and at that point there is still Icebound and AMS.
    In our tries I had never experienced dead woodoo doll on my tanking while it usually happens on pala tank as he is taking much more dmg.
    Same way Disco priest is OP in this fight.

Unfortunately do not have logs

Questions are still opened as no-one could confirm how Spiritual Innervation stacking works and we are still fighting dps issue (we dont have BL in our raid)
    If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average

We went into MV last night for kicks as 10 man just cause we are waiting till next week to get the 25 man rolling. We stopped after a few attempts on this boss but ended in a similar point you did. With 3 healers we hit the enrage at around 24% health remaining. Still curious exactly how the spiritual buff works, such as how does it handle aoe healing and hots... but I'm sure eventually it will become more clear. Surprised they have such a tight enrage time on normal but look forward to bringing him down next week now that we have more understanding of the mechanics.

We've had two nights of wiping to the enrage on this fight because our druid can't stack this buff very quickly. While the paladin and I (MW monk) can get people to 21-23 stacks no problem, she is struggling to get people over 11. I'm assuming that this has to do with the actual strength of regrowth since its almost like half a flash heal with the full cost as far as direct healing, and the full effect of the HoT will be overwritten/not enough time to get used.

My fastest stacking of it has been through focusing on as many heals as I can possibly do it. I used to try putting enveloping mists on each person down there but since I wasn't channeling on them the entire time it wasn't as effective, nor was it pushing the heals needed to get to 20+ stacks. What I found worked best was keeping renewing mists up and taking turns spamming surging mists while soothing mists was on them till I got 4 chi, double uplift (if chi brew was up I'd double uplift again), and then soothing mist the other one and spam surging mists.

For paladins and Monks, their flash heal equivalent seems more than adequate to get to 20+ stacks which is what you'll need to 3 heal this fight. I think it'd be safe to assume that for priests a flash heal spam (flash, flash, Gheal for holy) would also be sufficient in this manner. HoTs in general seem to tick too slowly/for not enough healing to really build the debuff up appropriately.

When I healed it as druid I RJ'd all three people in the spirit realm, cast Swiftmend and WG, and then spammed Regrowth. Make sure your druid has Regrowth glyphed for 100% crit rate, aside from generally being useful the shadow trolls will pop Living Seed (I think). Don't totally ignore yourself as a healer since you get a mana regen buff that will give you 30s of extreme healing when you get out, but once you have "enough" regen focus on the DPS.
    Last edited by Libicocco; 10-09-2012 at 08:53 PM.

When we did this on 25man, we made sure that tanks (dk and warr) always had some Cd up (counting trinkets and hand of sac), and when DK was tanking I was spam-intervening him (twice per tank phase with 20% dmg reduction).

We also made sure all healers got down at some point to ill their mana pool. And while being down in spirit realm, always cast your biggest heals (even rets used LoH). Continue spam your biggest heal in search ofthat 'crit' that would apply a decent buff. According to our people, buff was only increased if you got healed by a bigger heal then before, otherwise it just increased the duration of it (so in theory, LoH critting followed by many smaller heals for extra duration might be the way to go instead of just spamming big heals non-stop).

To maximise the use of the buff, we split the raid in 4 groups rotating going down, with people in tank grp as reserves if assigned people had voodoo debuff. As soon as a totem spawned, assigned group stood on it and dps'ed it down asap. Faster you got it down, the faster you got the buff. And with that tactic, we had very few spirits down there nuking the raid, they even QQ'd about first two groups having almost nothing to do and came up fast again and just used the buff for more boss nukage.

For those who cleared him on 10m, what strategy/class-comp did you use?

My guild is having a really hard time with him, we have tried a lot of different things, but nothing seems to work. We just cant squeeze the extra 20% of his HP so we can hero at 5:20.

This fight feels really overturned on 10m, a friend of mine that does 25's said that it was super easy. I dont know what to think, maybe its the frustration speaking.

Hiwashi, I would definitely recommend 2 healing if you aren't yet, even though its not possible for heroic, 2 healing is nice for a first kill. We used the pool of 6 dps and 2 healers and called 2 dps and 1 healer on a priority system on the fly. A member who has not gone down in the previous totem will go down in the next round unless voodoo dolled favouring classes better suited to killing adds.

General Tips
    -Make sure your healer is spamming heals in the spirit realm on themselves for infinite mana and then on dps to stack the damage buff.
    -When a tank gets banished, they can bring their severer of souls low and help on adds before finishing off their severer. (Especially with monks touch of death one shot, 441k health)
    -Otherwise make sure you state final totem at 4:45 ish, clean up whatever possible, pop bloodlust when they are out and go to town.
    -Healers can help with dps in the first 30 seconds before the first totem as they will get that mana back anyways.
    -Have your dps save cool downs for when they come out of the spirit realm.

That's all I can help you with without logs/comp or why exactly you are 20% behind. Good luck!
    Last edited by Squishei; 10-12-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Autocorrect and Grammar

As to the original question, I believe the answer is 2 stacks for each cast-time heal, 1 stack for each instant heal. And beacon I have absolutely no idea.

I wouldn't be so sure about 1 stack per instant heal and 2 stacks per cast-time. Yesterday we had big problems with 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps combo. We have been looking at the stack numbers per each cast, since sometimes our dps went out from shadow realm with 12 stacks, sometimes with 20. Our Dk did mention that after sacrificing his ghoul he received about 10 stacks while he healed himself for about 120k hp.
    It really looks like that combo with just 2 healers is right now necessary, since with really nice dps we managed to take him down only to about 18%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi View Post
    For those who cleared him on 10m, what strategy/class-comp did you use?

My guild is having a really hard time with him, we have tried a lot of different things, but nothing seems to work. We just cant squeeze the extra 20% of his HP so we can hero at 5:20.

This fight feels really overturned on 10m, a friend of mine that does 25's said that it was super easy. I dont know what to think, maybe its the frustration speaking.
    Prot War
    Blood DK
    Atonement Disc Priest
    H Pally
    Spriest
    Asn. Rogue
    BM Hunter
    Surv Hunter
    Boomkin
    Feral (Our Tree went Feral for this fight)

3-Healing simply didn't leave us enough DPS.

For strategy, we tried to always send the Spriest (me), or the Boomkin into the totem each time, with another DPS and a healer. The non-hybrid DPS would focus entirely on blowing adds up quickly, while the healer stacked himself up. The Hybrid would spam heals on the other DPS & himself. Worked well for me, as Binding Heal was putting out 2 stacks on both myself, and my DPS. This allowed our healer to jump out early to ease outside healing, and guaranteed that both DPS (the hybrid that was throwing heals, and the pure dps) had 22-24 stacks upon leaving the realm. Rinse and repeat.

Hybrid heals are ridiculous at the moment, my best advice is to take advantage of them. As a Spriest, VT and Mindbender kept my mana up high enough to spam heal. The Boomkin used RJ / HT and had no mana issues either. Boosting our DPS stacks that high though, took us from wiping at 2-5% to enrage, to beating his enrage by more than 20 seconds.

EDIT: Prior to utilizing our hybrids, we were getting anywhere from 6-12 stacks per, depending on self-healing and CDs. We guaranteed 22+ with the hybrid spam healing. We also noticed that stacks seemed to decay or diminish above 22. For instance, our Hunter had 22 stacks upon coming into a Totem twice in a row. After spamming heals for 15 seconds, he was only at 23.

Also, DPS is hard to guage in this fight because of the multiple realms and folks being thrown in and out of them. But our DPS core is more or less the lowest DPS in sims at the moment, so I think success was attributed far more to hybrid healing, than brute-force DPS.
    Last edited by Celwindia; 10-21-2012 at 02:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread