+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Reputation Dailies

The Weekly Marmot - Reputation Dailies

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I quite like the dailies, or at least like them when I can see I'm getting something out of it - I especially like the Vale of Eternal Blossoms ones, since there's the rep, valor, charms, Guo-Lai cache keys and sky-shards all up for grabs if you're lucky.

My only problem with the dailies is the rewards not bleeding over IF you chose to "kill yourself" doing them, it's quickly gets to the point where you're VP capped and it's not bleeding over into JP etc and you're throwing away stacks of 90 minor charms in order to make inventory space since you can't spend more than 90 a week, but earn a few hundred extra.

I can fully understand not wanting to make the rewards even more lucrative (thus prompting people to kill themselves ever them like you were feeling you had to), but it's a bummer when you "enjoy" doing them, or at least getting them out of the way ASAP so you don't need to do them again, but the rewards are hugely diminished.

I wish minor charms were BOA, I could trade them to alts, letting me reap the benefit of dailies (the gold charms) without ever doing them - because I have zero interest in doing dailies on alts.

I like doing dailys. I did see your rant on Legendary and it got me to thinking as well. But now that you explain it here I feel a lot better. Thanks Lore.

The real thing is that earning the right gear for Tier 14 for raiding still causes me a problem. I do not like raiding. I do not like PvP either.

So should I still be doing the dailys?

I only have 2 problems with the dailies. The fact that they are basically rendering the lesser charms useless by making it so you can only turn in 1 set per week. I think the BoA idea mentioned above me would work out great and the other problem I have with them is that once im exalted with all of them and have everything and have no more need for dailies, I really dont want to have to start doing them again on my alts. Im the type of person with a max level of every class, already have one alt at 89 and my monk nearing 60, these dailies seem to mandatory for pre-raid even as far as alts go and I dont want to have to do this grind 11 times.

good weekly marmot lore.
    i had noticed that it would take a long time to earn enough valor points, i know of one hic-up related to professions.

as an enchanter the 'good' wrist enchants are sold at honoured from the August Celestials, and wepon enchants from revered with the shadow-pan as the one who does most of the enchanting for our raid group i still want to get those as quick as possable.

So revered with the golden lotus and then honoured with the August Celestials, revered with the shadow-pan to get the enchanting patterns, i'm not sure if any other professions have similar problems.

of course you have the option of not doing them all at once, but if you take raiding seriously at all, you're really going to want to do them every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deandia View Post
    The real thing is that earning the right gear for Tier 14 for raiding still causes me a problem. I do not like raiding. I do not like PvP either.

So should I still be doing the dailys?
    When you say that you don't like raiding and PVP it means that you wont be doing it? Then the content is Challenge Modes, Scenarios, Reputation Rewards and Achievements, for CM there is potential in maxing your best secondary stat from any source of gear available (including Rep rewards) depending how hardcore you want to go in that route and for Rep Rewards well is obvious you need dailies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    So revered with the golden lotus and then honoured with the August Celestials, revered with the shadow-pan to get the enchanting patterns, i'm not sure if any other professions have similar problems.

of course you have the option of not doing them all at once, but if you take raiding seriously at all, you're really going to want to do them every day.
    I'm doing BS at the moment and it doesn't seem to have that problem is Klaxxi and you are done.

But there is an option, make profit with only one reputation (sell those enchants and mats) and buy the others; with VP stuff you can't do that, you need to do the reputation. I don't know anything about "Serious about raiding" but in the case of professions I have maxed 6 (well 5, two alchemist) professions for my guild, I'm rolling mats and stuff from them to the guild when I'm not doing dailies.

BTW, good Marmot, this public service should be in the official forums.

45 dailes a week are required, going raiding or even lfr without charms is just silly.

Dailies are still the main source of valor

Your assuming the rep you work is going to have the piece you need, at the very least, klaxxi and Golden lotus are required.

I still think its too many dailies and too required

I detect video editing..... 3:16? Hmmm? Sooooomebody said the f#ck word.

Good video though, i'm sure 99% of it's viewers are "epic face-palming" right now.

I like the new daily system, and perhaps even the concept of locking gear behind reputations...the jury's still out on that one for me. Here's my thoughts:

- Cata was the "stand around in a queue in SW/Org" expansion. That was THE WORST part about Cata. I spent very little time out in the world. I'm very happy with just about anything that makes me WANT to go out there and do something.

- I did NOT like Tol Barad, Therazne or Molten Front dailies. I liked isle of Quel'danas and TOC dailies.

I've come to the conclusion that, for me, dailies are all about the rewards. If the rewards are good enough ("required" even) then I'll do dailies. But I don't do dailies because they are particularly compelling content. I don't mind them, and they're entertaining enough - but they're just basically a modern iteration of that MMO staple concept: "do this over and over often enough, and you'll get a reward". For me, nothing short of raiding power is a truly compelling reward. If there was nothing but cloud serpent dailies and cooking/fishing dailies, I would not do them (just like I didn't in Cata). But since I can get raiding power out of reputation grinds like the Golden Lotus, I'm out there doing them. Also, since these are becoming part of my daily routine, it isn't difficult to hop over and do cloud serpent or cooking/fishing dailies while I'm at it.

I'm glad that the requirements are not that strict, as you pointed out, Lore. Dailies become very frustrating when you feel you are way behind if you miss even one day. Blizzard has apparently done a pretty good job of forcing us to pace ourselves on this stuff which is a great move, IMO.

This is what I've been telling my guildies for weeks

The limit on valor really limits the amount of rep you NEED to gain for a single faction, and if you're doing at least normal modes for all that time, the 3rd or 4th faction won't even matter if all you want is gear.

If you want vanity items like mounts or transmog gear and such, you will have to work for them and I think almost everyone is fine with that.

Even if you're looking for specific recipes from factions, like enchanting you only need to work on the golden lotus for now and then work on shado-pan and the august celestials once you're done with them.

It really isnt as bad as some people make it out to be (" I HAVE to work on EVERY SINGLE REP")

Now, If you LOATHE the idea of dailies themselves, and want some other way of progressing the reps for the factions, I think more options wouldn't be a bad idea.

Something like specific scenarios that give rep for a faction.

In my opinion, giving rep from dungeons with the tabard system that we had in wrath and cata makes it so the dungeons reward 'too much'

I'm still leveling a character for MoP (started fresh with a new class). I'm looking forward to a lot of things at 90, including getting back into raiding a bit with some friends who have come back to the game. But... I'm dreading dailies. It feels like with each expansion they've become more and more of a requirement. :/

Well done Weekly Marmot Lore; math is your friend ^_^. With all of the burnout issues solved, your dislike for doing a handful of dailies remains. I believe that Blizzard's motivation for requiring a minimum number of dailies is to get people out in the world -- it is the Isle of Quel'Danas effect. By having players of opposing factions clustered in areas with dailies, there is an opportunity for world PvP. If raiders could just sit back in the Shrine of Two Moons/Seven Stars, the population of people exposed to world PvP would be greatly reduced.

-HP

I'm not quite sure if you are factoring in the issue that you cant get rep with Shado-pan until you've hit revered with Golden Lotus. Just did my dailies so really dont care for any math atm, but yeah, the daily idea is still one of the worst rep grinds Blizzard has done since rep specific dungeon grinds.

Next to the murder capital of the world....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    I detect video editing..... 3:16? Hmmm? Sooooomebody said the f#ck word.

Good video though, i'm sure 99% of it's viewers are "epic face-palming" right now.
    Not me - I will still most likely be "killing myself" doing the dailies b/c I'm a bit OCD and I want them DONE. asap. Although it IS nice to know I don't have to lose sleep if I miss some.
    "Dear Blizzard, Nerf rock, Paper is fine. -Scissors." - - from Arctius (Official Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Portapally View Post
    I'm not quite sure if you are factoring in the issue that you cant get rep with Shado-pan until you've hit revered with Golden Lotus.
    For what it's worth, you can at least get a bit into Friendly with Shado-Pan through questing while you level so the hill to climb to Revered is a little less high once you grind out Golden Lotus.

I like Tillers and that's been the easiest rep so far I hit Revered yesterday; 12 plot farm - I think it I like it because it shows imediate rewards with the crops.

Golden Lotus feel very grindy; what I don't understand is why is GL per quest less than Klaxxi, it's like 112 v. 143 or something? Less rep per quest and it's a gate, that just strings things out.

I think what you may be missing is that you can choose to grind out the wrong faction i.e. you grind Klaxxi for legs (just saying legs could be chest idk) and you get a leg drop in raid or LFR, and you now want a chest to fill a gear gap but, say, GL gives the chest; you basically guessed wrong and are now behind.

Personally, I think it's best to get them done (Tillers, Klaxxi and GL) and be done with them as quickly as possible; then if you want move on to Serpents and Lorewalker. Gives you greater flexibility.

And here I've just been lazily only doing one faction all along. So great when I learn my slacking has paid off.

It's not the reputation DAILIES system that is flawed, it's the REPUTATION system itself ... Shado-Pan and Augustus Celestials requiring Golden Lotus Revered means profession alts and Alts in general are screwed.
    Just as an example: why should my Alt tailor (that could be my 5th+ Alt) need to be 90 and Revered with one faction in order to be Exalted with another faction to get a bag recipe is beyond my understanding.

Lore, thank you for posting this video. Many of my guildies and I came to the same conclusion about the rep gear. It's an alternate path for gearing if you can't or don't want to step into raids.

I have a number of issues with dailies as they are being implemented so far in MoP.

1. I was able to play every day for hours for about 3 years. These MIGHT have been ok before but now I can get my two days for raid nights and maybe one other. That's maybe one day a week for dailies then. So...I'm just screwed on professions. Those profession items (belt buckles, etc) are WAAAAAAAY overpriced on my server (2k for belt buckles, 5k for the blue (ox) tank leg enchants, 12-20k for weapon enchants). Now, I feel like I'm going into the raid sub-par because I can't get my enchanting patterns due to rep and I can't buy what I need because of price.

2. I may be wierd, but as the tank that usually goes dps for 1 tank fights, I feel the need to do my best gearing both specs. That throws the math off a bit.

3. The quest tracking does not meet my needs for the depth and complexity of these rep grinds. I really wish the dailies would separate out in the quest log as to which faction they are for and that they ARE dailies. There are plenty of normal quests that I have not finished and the dailies and regular quests get all mixed up in the logs and I find I just turned in three/four/five quests that were the start of a new quest hub/chain when I thought I was doing a daily. Also, getting all the daily quests I can for a faction is too...uncertain. I never know if the two I found in x city are all of them or do I need to go to two or even three hubs to get them all.

4. Alts. I have one of everything (two druids so I can have all four specs). I have all the professions. There are lots of reasons. I know it's not "necessary", but it IS the way I prefer to be set up. Now there is such a wall in front of me, it takes away my motivation to even start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawer View Post
    It's not the reputation DAILIES system that is flawed, it's the REPUTATION system itself ... Shado-Pan and Augustus Celestials requiring Golden Lotus Revered means profession alts and Alts in general are screwed.
    Just as an example: why should my Alt tailor (that could be my 5th+ Alt) need to be 90 and Revered with one faction in order to be Exalted with another faction to get a bag recipe is beyond my understanding.
    I see a trend of limiting availability of crafted things, another example is the CD in the cards from inscription. Not sure what is the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    1. I was able to play every day for hours for about 3 years. These MIGHT have been ok before but now I can get my two days for raid nights and maybe one other.

3. The quest tracking does not meet my needs for the depth and complexity of these rep grinds. I really wish the dailies would separate out in the quest log as to which faction they are for and that they ARE dailies. There are plenty of normal quests that I have not finished and the dailies and regular quests get all mixed up in the logs
    For 1, I have been thinking about that there could be weekly quests or that dailies can be repeatable 7 times during each week at most regardless the day that you deliver them (Rift do something like this with your daily dungeon), is more flexible with different schedules.

For 2 I do this: When I'm about to start my dailies I make sure that I'm not tracking any leveling quest. Then I only track the new daily quest in the right panel of my screen. Maybe that could help, in the end you are right we need a better quest tracking system, but is a workaround.

+ Reply to Thread