+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior help!

Prot warrior help!

Gday all,

I have seen many different points of view on my question -

What are prot warriors gemming and forgeing for in Mop?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hit to 7.5. Expertise to 7.5. Mastery as high as possible. Then getting your dodge/parry ratio about right (which is taking some math now). Several threads around on the parry/dodge ratio. At least, from what I've seen, this is my plan when I get to my warrior alt.

Most likely hit/exp > Mastery > dodge/parry but I haven't figured out yet where Stamina will fit in. Most likely I'll put it in right after MAstery for pure physical, but before it if there is magic involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I've been going for:
    Stamina > Mastery > Parry >= Dodge > Hit/Expertise
    I don't have quite as much shield block uptime, but it hasn't caused any issues in heroics with my healers.

I've also seen:
    Hit/Expertise (to 7.5%) > Stamina > Mastery > Parry >= Dodge
    This is for maximising shield block / shield barrier uptime.
    Last edited by Imriela; 10-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

I'd be careful about judging raid damage intake by the 5 man heroics. Blizz stated they wanted to go back to a difficulty similar to Wrath for 5 mans so those are pretty easy. Not being prepared to SB/Sbar enough in a raid might get you squished.

Bump.

See the guid in my sig. Bumping is frowned upon.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Hit/exp to cap > parry = dodge > mastery IMO.With block being on a different table now, plus the fact that you can (and should) have Sblock up for 6 sec out of every 9 mastery seems to fall behind, sure the crit block is there which is extra mitigation and 10 rage but if you are hit/exp capped rage shouldn't be a problem. I would rather parry/dodge a full 40k ish melee rather than block one and still take 59% of that hit. I personally wouldnt worry about stam either, with this gear level in entry level raiding my wife's Hpally can divine light for 100k ish if im stacking stam and reach 500k full buffed, that would take 4 just to get me full from 20% it would just become a mana sponge at that point. Just my 2 cents.

Your secondary stat priority is wrong.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Theck has done some great work over at http://sacredduty.net, he has a warrior specific post on stat weights and then later he has a few posts about paladins and hit/exp and reducing spike damage, a lot of this also applies to warriors.

My feelings is we are going to want hit/exp to soft cap, maybe even hard cap exp, mastery next, dodge/parry are the weakest.

I can't decide if it's best to go heavy mastery after this or stam, so far I have only done the first three bosses, the first two are 75% non-melee damage (aoe or bleeds). The trade off is about 4% crit block vs 40k health (470k health vs 510k).

+ Reply to Thread