+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Preparing for Tier 14

The Weekly Marmot - Preparing for Tier 14

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Arena of Annihilation is part of normal rotation. I didn't even realise the quest was in there though, I thought you had to get it from just outside Temple of the White Tiger, so thanks for that.

With crafting, its worth knowing that the crafted 450 PvP gear is no worse than normal 450 gear. Thank god PvP Power and PvP Res doesn't count towards stat budget.

Very good episode though, very useful!

I didn't find getting 440 ilevel tricky at all. In fact, I was heroic-capable literally 5 minutes after dinging 90 (I dinged, then went and turned in like 1 more klaxxi quest and the reward put me exactly at 440). It was basically all from quest rewards and like 2 normal mode dungeon drops. I didn't get any crafted gear, didn't buy anything off the auction house, didn't run any scenarios, didn't get gear from a rare spawn (well, I did but it was a plate chest which got vendored, since I'm a rogue), didn't buy any justice gear. I literally was just in questing items and only about 2 normal mode dungeon drops.

And I'm pretty sure it's been a similar experience for just about everyone that's hit 90 so far in my guild, most were hitting heroics same day they hit 90, or the day after. If anything I think it's actually much easier to hit heroic-capable ilevel than it was in the past (granted "the past" basically only applies to Cata, since the dungeon finder only came out in late Wrath when everyone was already plenty geared). I recall at the start of Cata, after hitting 85 having to farm the max level normals to get several 333 items in order to reach the required 329 ilevel required for heroics. But this time around quest rewards seem to be pushing you nearly to 440 by themselves, since so many quest greens are 337, and there's always a reward for your class/spec, and the occasional 440~450 quest reward, you can almost walk right into heroics after dinging (like I did).

Hitting 463 is going to be much more of a problem.

TO enter LFR you will literally need EVERY single piece of gear in your inventory to be 463, since sources of 463 are very rare, Sha of anger, Valor, brewfest.

Some factions on some servers are absolutly incapable of downing sha because of opposition interference. Brewfest is limited time and valor requires insane time sinks.

5 man HC drop 463 gear. Find a freind who can tank and go farm HCs.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Arena of Annihilation is part of normal rotation. I didn't even realise the quest was in there though, I thought you had to get it from just outside Temple of the White Tiger, so thanks for that.

With crafting, its worth knowing that the crafted 450 PvP gear is no worse than normal 450 gear. Thank god PvP Power and PvP Res doesn't count towards stat budget.

Very good episode though, very useful!
    Not too bad for the DPS.

Hitting 463 is going to be much more of a problem.

TO enter LFR you will literally need EVERY single piece of gear in your inventory to be 463, since sources of 463 are very rare, Sha of anger, Valor, brewfest.
    5 man heroics. Do them. I had the item level for heroics before I dinged 90 and am only a couple of item levels off the LFR requirement.

My pally dinged on Saturday and I was 440 ilvl (including gear in my bags) by that night and a 440 equipped with my healing set (447 including bag gear) by yesterday afternoon. I did get lucky with a 470 (Pickled Egg) from the Brewfest boss, but, I agree, getting to 463 by tomorrow is going to be somewhat difficult unless we chain heroics tonight.

Then again, guess I have to since LFR may be all I get to do for while, unless recuritment picks up. We'll have gone from ranking 5th on our server for H DS, to not being able to field a team for a bit.

Hey Lore you can actually kill the out door bosses more then once and get loot. I've killed sha of anger 3 times this week and got 2 tier pieces(gloves, pants) from him.

You are supposed to only be able to get loot once per week per outdoor boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    You are supposed to only be able to get loot once per week per outdoor boss.
    Can you kill it multiple times and use charms of good fortune for each kill? That may account for the extra loot.

I was able to run heroics within an hour of finishing leveling, most of my guild is finding themselves one or two upgrades away from being able to jump in.

I'm really not sure what Blizzard was thinking putting JP gear at ilvl 450, when you can't get any of it but one piece until you likely don't need it anymore. I'll have my Golden lotus at honored tomorrow, but will have been able to run heroics for 6 days by then. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

It kind of does make sense if you think about it in terms of Blizzard wanting to have people take on the first raid and not partially out gear it when they walk in the door - gives something to the hardcore crowd.

5 mans drop 463 right? So if you don't have enough JP or honor until you have farmed most 463, then you completely bypassed the gear you were supposed to be grinding for.

Does anyone remember icc?

Sheild tanks and halls of reflection? Kill first boss, no tank will ever stay to finish it.

Its making a comeback already, missing cloak, its on the first boss on x dungeon, well do first boss, leave dungeon and group in a pickle.

its not fun and its silly.

There is no reason LFR shouldnt require 458 instead of 463, people are jerks, and the devs shouldnt encourage them to act like jerks.

Players always put their benefit ahead of other players, when you are looking for that one last piece that wont drop to hit 463, because you cant carry even a single JP piece. They will hit boss and drop group and requeue, leaving everyone else to pick up their mess.

Rare spawns drop gear dependant on the zone they're found.

Dread wastes is ilevel 450 chests.
    Eternal blossom is 440 cloaks etc.

IIRC LFR still has another week before it's available. So you have 2 weeks to reach 90 and the required ilvl. Plus you'll have a chance at the new raids tomorrow.

It's also important to note that gearing up is slower at the beginning of and expansion.

Well, they fixed jP gear, no rep on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Well, they fixed jP gear, no rep on it now.
    It's a good move; it was getting pretty obvious that by the time you hit honored for everything but the Bugs, the gear would be useless. At least now you can get some minor tweaks i.e. dump some greens, while you wait for "that one piece" to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    wtb ilvl 463 chest and pants :/
    May I suggest Honor gear. The vendor is on the wall between Kun'lai and Townlong, the pve iLvl is 464 and you'll probably get a decent 2 set bonus to boot. You can still trade in your JP for HP in Org, so it should be pretty easy to obtain. I bought 3 pieces this morning, as I was Honor capped going in to MoP.

+ Reply to Thread