+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why did YOU buy MoP?

Why did YOU buy MoP?

I'm still on the fence about this expansion. Tried the beta a few times and wasn't that into it, however that's a me problem with betas... I generally frown on playing characters/content that is going to be lost when the real thing comes.

So, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me whether or not I should get the game. I'd just like to know why YOU bought the game. Perhaps there's something I haven't considered.

Thanks!

Because it was a relatively low price for a relatively large amount of entertainment. I wanted to see what the new content was going to be like and I wanted to play the new class a bit. I very much doubt I'll ever raid hardcore again, at least in the foreseeable future, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to hop on and play for a couple hours a week.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

I wanted to try out the Monk class and see the new areas. What really made me decide to buy MoP was the challenge modes, proving grounds and scenarios. Since I don't plan on doing any raiding those really appealed to me.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    I got it because it's new content, friends came back and made new friends, and wanted to try monks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Because it was a relatively low price for a relatively large amount of entertainment. I wanted to see what the new content was going to be like and I wanted to play the new class a bit. I very much doubt I'll ever raid hardcore again, at least in the foreseeable future, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to hop on and play for a couple hours a week.
    The entertainment part sums it up for me, and my son loves the Kung Foo Panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

I'm hooked on the game; there was no doubt in my mind that I would buy it, the question was would I still play it anymore if it was anything like Cata...it's not.

I stayed away from the beta basically, because I didn't want to ruin the experience.

I got the game for free, so that was an incentive first of all. (Buddy at Blizzard).

Also like most other people have stated, fresh content, a fresh grind, and old friends all coming back. And I love the theme of the expansion!

I bought MoP because I had the money sitting in my BNet account from the D3 auction house. Also, challenge modes seem very interesting.

Cata got old for me and I stopped playing back in November of last year. I came back seeing if MoP would grab my attention again, and so far I like it better than Cata.

+ Reply to Thread