+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MoP Launch

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Goes to show that even somewhat informed sources are just as bad at doomsaying as the average WoW-Forum poster...when will we stop listening to these people?
    Yeah, not so sure why people are so wrapped up in the subs of the game. Seems some are wrapped up in it to validate their own feelings about the game, and others are just bandwagoners.

My only comment on subs is that as long as it's enough to keep the game profitable and content flowing, then we're fine. I don't foresee any huge swings for MoP, nothing huge up, but, nothing huge down, either. There's things to do for everyone. The only people who will probably be bored are the most focused raiders, but, they should be used to that by now.

As far as Forbes...remember, their 'games columnist' was the one who cooked up the 'session id hack' for Diablo 3 that never existed, so his credibility is crap anyway.

Anyone else think they really buffed the resource nodes? I mean, I can't go 10 yards it seems without an ore node or herb node popping up. I'd like to see more Golden Lotus, but I've gotten 2 Alchemists and a Scribe to 600 using only the herbs gathered by my pally durring leveling and doing dailies; and I have a boatload of herbs to craft with. This has made the professions so much less grindy to level to far.

I'm interested to see the Anglars dailies, my hunter (and DK) is leveled in fishing so I'll take it to unlock the Anglars quests. It's sick, but I want to get the book from Nat Pagle that gives 50 fishing to maybe level my shammy in fishing. I hear it's BoA and you can buy 12 to get to 600 fishing.
    Last edited by Theotherone; 10-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I hear it's BoA and you can buy 12 to get to 600 fishing.
    Absolutely true. I've seen it on the QM. (Nat himself)

MoP has somehow got me doing dailies, a person who usually hates them.

How expensive are they?

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    How expensive are they?
    Sorry, I don't remember. I saw them, but...

I think they're 1k each. Which is not too bad since, as I recall, getting to around 300 fishing is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Sorry, I don't remember. I saw them, but...
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=88563

1000g

Rep grinding just got a bit easier. So double rep for alts once main hits revered with a specific faction for that faction and double rep gain from revered to exalted. So, you'll still have to get revered on each faction on at least one toon for all toons to get the benefit on all factions.

I can't say that this isn't welcome; the rep gain from daily quests seemed to be a bit slow, but not horrible. I figured it would take about as long to revered as it took to complete MF give or take a few days. Wonder if this will apply to Warthion also, Legendaires on all alts seems a bit extreme, but whatever.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230

I can't but help feel there is miss-communication with the part on revered to exalted. The way they state it makes it seem the equivalent of halving the transition from revered to exalted, making the required rep less than honoured to revered. Maybe they meant double rep to exalted if another character is revered as well?
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedOoze View Post
    The way they state it makes it seem the equivalent of halving the transition from revered to exalted, making the required rep less than honoured to revered.
    That's they way I read it too. Once you hit revered, you get double XP to exlated.

Overall I appreciate the change, given the large number of alts I actually have. It won't seem as daunting when I get back into WoW in a couple months, given that I stopped early in Cataclysm.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

+ Reply to Thread