+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin

And by spikes I assume you don't mean boss melee swings?

Melee hit chains can be spikes.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Sure, but how can those be predicted? Unless we're talking double swipe (Chimaeron) or Thrash (Sha of Fear).

Quote Originally Posted by Emerich View Post
    Sure, but how can those be predicted? Unless we're talking double swipe (Chimaeron) or Thrash (Sha of Fear).
    That's why you want to be able to use ShoR as much as you can and when you want to, pooling HoPo until you have 5 so you can slip in an extra ShoR if you need it.

THey cna't, you just have to pay Attention to heath changes and when you don't get parry dodges, and realise that you mayube you shoulld use SotR so if this 3 hit chain turns into a 6 hit chain you're healers aren't going to notice.
    MoP RPS Calculator

So I got my first piece of tier last night, and I was looking a the 2 set and wondering if the HoT was going to scale with haste at all.
    Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    So I got my first piece of tier last night, and I was looking a the 2 set and wondering if the HoT was going to scale with haste at all.
    Anybody know?
    AFAIK it does not. If you have T15 4p at least 530 on all items, keep it active until you have T16 4p.

Never got my 4p in t15 ='(

So, since we lost our OT to a guild switch, we're in an OT by committee mode, which means I'm tanking the SoO fights we two heal. My Pally's tank set is in pretty good shape considering I just picked up the plate our Warrior, who left, didn't want/need, any way long way of asking what are Pally's putting in red sockets these days? I've been using Fierce (Str/Haste).

I'm hit and exp (hard) capped, so I don't need exp gems. I'd link my Pally but I logged in my healing set.

Put on the tank set http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckstraw/simple
    Last edited by Theotherone; 10-23-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Ideallly you'd want to ue exp/haste in red and then reforge out of the excess expertise into haste on gear.
    MoP RPS Calculator

I have been away for 2 months and my guild wants me to jump back into tanking, I have decent gear from last tier i am just not sure if anything has changed as far as haste caps and such so if you all wouldn't mind checking out my armory and seeing if i could improve anywhere for the better in SoO i would greatly appreciate the advice thanks
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombra/advanced

Glyph of battle healer got nerfed to the ground and generally shouldn't be used. Eternal Flame got some serious buffing, so tend to be the telent of choice over sacred shield, especially once you get the set bonus. Haste cap is still infinity.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hey Fetzie --

Has paladin threat gotten a significant change/buff in the last patch or so? While valor capping for the week, I got to watch a pally in a 5 man doing 32K dps (at a 532 ilvl) easily holding threat on a DK doing 210K DPS, which is pretty insane. Looking at his gear, he'd gemmed and reforged to the hit/exp caps, and then went into ... Parry? His AS was his highest attack by far, and I'm wondering if he found some sort of sweet spot with the change to Parry proc'ing AS more often or something.

Meanwhile, our own pally tank is still having trouble controlling multimobs when she's doing 68-70K versus DPS doing 150-180K dps; she's reforged into Haste after the expertise/hit caps.

-Tielyn

I guess you could hope for lots of grand crusader procs with tons of parry chance against multiple mobs.

Paladin AoE is pretty shite if you don't have aggro, because it is all dependent on having lots of attack power. The nerf to vengeance from multiple targets hit us quite hard :<

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Paladin AoE is pretty shite if you don't have aggro, because it is all dependent on having lots of attack power. The nerf to vengeance from multiple targets hit us quite hard :<
    Amen to that. My ele shaman always manages to get one add off of me at the start of Garrosh even though I have aggro on the boss and adds. I can only spam Consecration and Hammer so much!!

HoSalv the git!
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    HoSalv the git!
    Or, for the love of god my hunter could MD......... lots of solutions, but who has time to do things the easy way!?!?!??!

oh i have a macro for that hunter

/gquit
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    oh i have a macro for that hunter

/gquit
    Or rather, /gremove hunter

Finally got my paladin to 90 while we're stalled on Garrosh and having to gear up some people due to RL eating two of our best raiders. I'd been using SS pre-nerf, but switching to EF gives an interesting (to me, anyway) logistics dilemma.

Since I'm now missing a button (SS), sometimes the rotation doesn't have an X to push (I'm guessing that this is because while I'm going for the hit/exp caps, my haste is suffering) when AS, Holy Wrath, and Consecrate are all on cooldown. Am I missing a spell I should be casting?

I'm having mixed feelings about using EF while soloing mobs on the Timeless Isle, since it requires at least a few turns through the 3HP rotation to get enough Bastion of Glory stacks to make EF heal for more than 14K per tick. I've got DP slotted in for the moment, and when it procs like a champ two or more times in a row, I'm set, but it's that initial pull of lots of mobs up on the plateau that sometimes gets me down faster than my EF heals me up.

So my questions are:
    1) How many stacks of Bastion of Glory do you typically cast your first EF at?

2)Where's the crossover point between 'effective' and 'don't bother, hit ShotR instead?' And which gives you more SP, Vengeance or stacks of Bastion of Glory?

3) Are there still specific fights that you still want to use SS anyway (i.e. Tortos while on bat duty?)

4) Is there a Weak Auras macro out there that will tell you whether or not refreshing EF will give you a bigger HoT? (I'm using Theck's right now.)

Thanks,
    -Tielyn

+ Reply to Thread