We are the end game Alliance raiding guild of Kirin Tor; focused on building a quality team to experience the full range of content available in World of Warcraft. We provide and maintain a unique late night raiding environment and our group thrives on cooperation and competition working towards common goals.
Throughout the course of the Cataclysm expansion, the guild has undergone a solid transition from 25 to 10 man raiding and has added additional raid teams. This includes the addition of evening raid times at the start of Firelands and Dragonsoul respectively, where we've found that many look to set a new standard of excellence for 7PM raiding again on Kirin Tor with the release of Mists of Pandaria.
Cataclysm Progression Information:
Dragon Soul 10m - 8/8 Heroic
Firelands 10m - 7/7 Heroic
10 man Late Night Raids
Purple Team: Sun-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Blue Team: Mon-Thurs - 11:59pm to 3:00am (CST)
Invites go out at 11:30pm, 1st pull before Midnight
10 man Weekend Raiders
Red Team: Sat-Mon - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
10 man Weeknight Raiders
Green Team: Tues&Wed - 7:00pm to 10:00pm (CST)
(This group plans to add a third day to their raid schedule in MoP on either Monday or Thursday if sufficient members of the raid group are able to make the transition)
- We have completed and are continuing to clear many Achievements.
- Members run other instances on off-nights and before/after raids, including heroics, 10 man alt run instances, PvP/arena groups, etc.
Current Recruitment and Progress Levels are always available at:
Exceptional players will always be considered regardless, as they are often capable of focusing on a particular class or spec build that the guild could utilize, and are able to play it well. Additionally, other members are able to invest time in to making such a change to better suit their needs and the guild, because they want to earn their raid spot back because an exceptional player simply outperformed them at the time.
- Raid applicants should be prepared to start raiding immediately upon joining. Lockouts for raids reset for Tuesday's raid, this means the first Tuesday after you are added the raid roster, you should be on your main raid toon for the guild by 11:30 (CST). (or before 7pm respectively depending on your group's raid times and your availability discussion upon joining)
- We are currently recruiting for Mists of Pandaria progress at this stage, applicants should have gear and experience suitable to the most current content. Experience with achievements/hard mode encounters in current (and older content, where applicable) is a must.
- Omen, Deadly Boss Mods/BigWigs, and a few class-specific mods depending on your role, are the absolute minimum of essential addons.
- Ability to attend all raid days on a regular basis, with little to no major recurring conflicts.
- Mumble, and a working mic. Listening and speaking (at least to convey time-sensitive raid information) are both required.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring their "A game" to raids every night, not take excessive AFKs, follow instructions, pay attention, and be raid aware. When we start pulling on progression nights, we are not here to waste other people's time by screwing around.
- A focus on progression. As a guild, our eyes are always on where we're going next, not where we've been. We move older content aside in favor of unkilled bosses and unfinished achievements, and push finished instances aside as soon as practical to leave more time for progression. If your goal is to farm old instances or "easy mode" bosses, this is not the guild for you.
- A sense of humor. We're rough around the edges, largely uncensored, and openly critical of each other in an amusing manner. We make jokes at each other's expense, and give out constructive, but often blunt criticism when mistakes are made for the good of the raid. If you are easily offended by such things, you will not feel at home here. We are honest with each other for the good of the group. It would be advisable to all applicants to develop a thick skin and an open mind to our way of doing things. The weakminded, faint of heart, and those who are easily offended are less likely to make it past the trial period. If you are still following this part of the message, this should not be news to you, and likely means little more than to be yourself.
After you submit an application on our website, we will contact you via in game mail within 1 week to either set up a time to discuss the application with you on Mumble or decline your application. If all things go well we will bring you into the guild for a trial period where we will evaluate your overall performance, skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end trial period presuming all goes well, you will be promoted to a member status rank. Most trial members will be tested in some way before progression raiding, and/or may be brought into the progression run during their trial period at any time for "sink or swim" type evaluation... be prepared! (More information on our trial periods can be found on our application in the link to "Guild Ranks")
Trial periods can be shorter or longer at the discretion of the council. They may simply see a lot of improvements and wish to have more time to get a solid evaluation. The other side of the coin being a shorter trial period because of constant failures and/or clear irreconcilable differences. These cases are typically out of the ordinary, and most players see a clear path to follow to secure their place on the raiding portion of the roster, if that is in fact what they are at their core.
Contact Information -
If you have any specific questions about the guild, the app process or anything not listed here, feel free to contact:
Shadow Council - Durlockozk, Bukkow, Chilene, Bronkar, Lasira
Shadow Master (GM) - Aelell a.k.a. Setlo
Please do not contact other guild members simply to check the "status" of your application. If for some unclear reason AFTER 1 week you have not received a response to your application, feel free to contact us in game, and we will resolve the issue in a more timely manner. Note: We do raid invites at 11:30PM CST, whispering a member of the council or the GM to ask about your application during raid times is not likely to produce the desired response at that time. Nothing is of greater importance at that time to us, than ensuring effective raids for the guild.
Thank you and good luck! =)