+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral druid Vs sub rogue for raiding

Feral druid Vs sub rogue for raiding

well in cata i raided as a sub rogue, but probably switching to monk in mop, thing is i doubt i can power lvl one to 80 fast enough so i gota get 1 of my 85s to 90 and start raiding with it. I have a druid and that rogue both at 85, and im the only physical leather wearer so raid leader has given me the go ahead to do the switch a few weeks in. The thing is I can't decide which I should be doing, between all the changes to sub rogue and all the broken mods ill have to fix. Does anyone out there know which are easier or if one is substantially lower dps than the other?

druid pros
    -i did bear and boomkin in cata so i have the freedom to completely redo my bars and addons without messing myself up
    -symbiosis! although we already have a boomkin so it's not as big as it could be

druid cons
    -not used to the low energy regen, so my timing on buff and debuff application is off

rogue pros
    -the very basic playstyle im already used to

rogue cons
    -my muscle memory is causing me to use my old rotation too often and it seems like learning a completly new class might be easier with how much this is hindering me
    Last edited by Lunaras; 09-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.

The basic playstyles are somewhat similiar

Shred=Backstab
    Mangle=Hemo
    Rake=Hemo
    Savage roar=SnD
    Rip=rupture
    Savage bite= Eviscerate
    Fearie fire = Expose armor

and both are simming close together at 90. the only real adavatage one has over the other is raid buffs, if your raid needs the melee haste go Sub, if then need Crit go feral. Really if your gonna go Monk screw both and power level your Monk in the first week before the raids hit.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

too much shit to do to power lvl it im afraid

although in concept all the abilities are similar, the little things make the rotations way different. the old sub rotation was just BS with alternating snd, evis, recup, evis repeat while using CDs. feral seems to be more watching buffs and timers no set rotation, and i dono whats going on with sub anymore since they changed so recup isnt in the rotation

i am asking the raid leader about buffs, never thought about that thx

its more like feral now.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

JUst got my sub rogue to 85 this week and it feels almost just like my feral except in how bonus CP are generated. Crits generating 2 cp vs getting cp from other peoples crits. One could possibly dual box a sub rogue and a feral quite easily even though utility is a bit different.

Sub is almost exactly the same as it was other than instead of refreshing recup you refresh rupture other than that its ambush>backstab>hemo for cp generation and SnD>Rupture>evis for finishers. just remove recup from your bar and you will be fine

+ Reply to Thread