+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Disappointing

Legendary - Disappointing

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

its gonna be Pokemon (pet battles) esport in MoP. just you wait

Mike B's face at 1:47 is the best.

Not to pile on the Theramore hate-train, but I took advantage of the free week after suspending my account early this summer. If the Theramore Scenario was meant to create anticipation for MOP or Scenarios it did neither. What a missed opportunity.

Commenting on Lore's "Fortress", If it were a PvP zone that held it, there could be waves of mobs going in and damaging it, but may also create better PvP community. There could be full raids, or multiple full raids of the opposing faction going in and trying to sabotage or simply wreck the enemy fortress. I would absolutely love having something like that, where my guild could split into Raid A/Raid B and plan a large scale assault on some horde keep or something. Just and idea.

Disappointing is truly a great title for this episode, as I am again disappointed that I cannot watch (or listen) to this episode until I get home from work... the new HD stream is wonderful for getting nearly life-size views of the guys, but absolutely kills my data plan - watching last week's show was over 1.3 gb of data downloaded... Maybe it's me, but that is a huge amount of data usage, and turning of the HD mode didn't seem to help any.

I really hope Gamebreaker can find alternatives to this - youtube perhaps?? Just as PST & The Weekly Marmot do?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyruus View Post
    Disappointing is truly a great title for this episode, as I am again disappointed that I cannot watch (or listen) to this episode until I get home from work... the new HD stream is wonderful for getting nearly life-size views of the guys, but absolutely kills my data plan - watching last week's show was over 1.3 gb of data downloaded... Maybe it's me, but that is a huge amount of data usage, and turning of the HD mode didn't seem to help any.

I really hope Gamebreaker can find alternatives to this - youtube perhaps?? Just as PST & The Weekly Marmot do?
    I ran some tests via NetWorx, the non-HD version is using about half the bandwidth of the HD version in my tests (the first 3 minutes of the show are 20 MB in non-HD, 38 in HD). So there is definitely a difference in bandwidth usage between the two.

It's also available on iTunes once again if you'd rather grab it from there.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

So I'm usually a fan of this show but they really did a terrible job talking about Theramore. The horde side is all about getting in and rescuing the Blood Elf Mage that made it so you could break through the doors. The whole thing of oh lets kill everyone before the mana bomb again shows they know nothing about the story as the reason garrosh did that was to have as many alliance in the city as possible when the bomb goes off.

They burn the ships to stop them getting on the boats when they see it coming kinda of a big airship carrying a huge bomb. So how is the horde story not involved in the story? oh right none of them seemed to know the story but they are discussing it and putting out opinions on something they don't know?

as I said I normally enjoy this show but the stuff about Theramore I thought was seriously flawed and they made it sound absolutely terrible. The other part of the show was decent.

I think them knowing nothing about the story is the point. Should there be a cutscene where Blizzard tells us to pause while we go read this book and that book for the lore? Or should the lore be mostly self contained in the scenario? Seems to me, even if they can't tell the whole story, they should have made it at least a little more capable of being stand-alone.

In fact, that was something that the devs said themselves. In hindsight, they felt that they should have given us the story in a series of quests before or after so that we knew what was actually happening. The legendary crew chose mockery to highlight the fact that if all you have to go on is the scenario, then you are left with a very incomplete story. You are left with absolutely no comprehension or making wild a$$ assumptions.

Nobody is Perfect

One of the things I really like about WoW and Blizz is that they take onboard the feedback of the gamers regarding the content. One thing I have noticed particularly with the top end gamers is that they can be harsh critics. However because the team at blizzard take these critisms as areas for improvement the average gamers get to enjoy the best version of the game possible.

+ Reply to Thread