+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professions

Professions

Anyone heard anything about whether or not Blizzard is going to make leveling professsions up to at least 500 somewhat less grindie?

I'm in the midst of leveling Encant, BS and JC on a couple new alts and it struck me that I out leveled zones so fast that the professions could not keep a general pace. It got to the point where it was just a matter of hitting 85 then going back and grinding the profession. For example, with Enchanting I was way past where de'ing would working to keep me in mats or I was out of a zone long before my mining kept up.

While I don't think you should be able to just have a profession at max level; there seems to be a very wide disconnect between leveling the profession and leveling the character. The don't have to be in perfect tandem, but they should not be miles apart.

Saw a blue comment that they were doing this but not as a high priority. Some professions have been tweeked already though. See Inscription. Each new glyph you learn gives you 3 skill ups. So basically you learn a new glyph, make it twice, learn a new glyph make it twice, rinse and repeat until you max.

Thanks. Haven't done inscription since about midway through WoLK, but that would be helpful. I know Darkmoon Faire helps a bit and the extra skill ups in the Cata patterns helps.

+ Reply to Thread