Thread: Maybe reroll to other Tank Class?

Maybe reroll to other Tank Class?

Hey,

I actualy play Protpaly since years, but with the new DICE-System it seems that Protpally is not more in the top of tanking.

So I may try to reroll. To choose I have Wary,DK or Druid. I think over it, because I think DK is fine for most bosses like Gaja etc. Protwarry was good at the start of MoP with the mighty shield what absorbed magic + melee but they nerfed it so I have no actual stats for the shield.

What you prefer me? Have anyone a actual tank ranking maybe?

I think you should stick to paladin tanking. If the class isn't the top tank, it just allows you to shine all the more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

The best tank is the one that the player enjoys playing best.

IF you're gonna reroll to whatever flaovour of the month is you're gonna reroll a lot.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

This is actually the first expansion that I actually enjoy my paladin in. Normally I just lvl him to max and them delegate him to being my mule because I didn't care for the play style. However I've been farming the kara mount for around 5 months on all 8 of my characters and have found the prot paladin game play to be much better now.

OP - I think you are far,far Overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotteq View Post
    OP - I think you are far,far Overreacting.
    ^ What that guy said. Prot Pallies are fine.

This thread reminded me about a blue post:

I posted recently in the large class balance theorycrafting thread that we have buffed the mitigation and rage generation of Guardian druids and Protection warriors. After some more analysis, we don't think DKs and monks needed additional nerfs to be on par with paladins, who were our target. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Seems to me that DKs and monks might be slightly ahead if you read between the lines but it's fairly balanced.

Tanking isn't about the rankings. It's about the mechanics that work for you and are fun.

If you do not find playing your pally fun, then definitely change. But you need to understand why it is not fun for you anymore before you switch.

Damage? - Have you tried tanking a raid yet? All tanks actually got a DPS boost due to the Vengance change -- if you are not the main tank you will not see it.
    Threat? - If you are having threat problems, it is just practice.
    Squishyness? - Paladins are probably the least squishy class right now on average other than Monks, which are having the nerf bat waved in their direction.

I play a druid tank. We are hard put to not be squishy and will continue to be so since the redesign, enough that Blizzard is buffing us a bit. Difference is that I am not going to let the redesign keep me from playing my favorite tank class until my healing lead tells me that it is holding the raid progression back.

If you'd like to switch to something else for a little while, try the monk. Enjoy the overpoweredness while it lasts.

-Tielyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    This thread reminded me about a blue post:

I posted recently in the large class balance theorycrafting thread that we have buffed the mitigation and rage generation of Guardian druids and Protection warriors. After some more analysis, we don't think DKs and monks needed additional nerfs to be on par with paladins, who were our target. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Seems to me that DKs and monks might be slightly ahead if you read between the lines but it's fairly balanced.
    SInce that time, Paladins and druids have been buffed, and prot warriors have been uber buffed.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

The buffs were the same time as the post, unless I missed something since which is more then possible, check the first sentence