+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Warchief for the Horde

I was leveling a Tauren Pally in Northend last week and thinking about Surfang and the idea of foreboding in the story. While Surfang may be broken up about his son, the interaction between him and Varian in ICC may forbode either another meeting between them this x-pac (Varian's son is the reason the Alliance is dispatched to Panderia) or Surfang taking over as Warchief and easing tensions with the Alliance at the end.

As we all recall, Varian allows Surfang to get his son's body and Surfang says "I shall not forget this kindness your magesty".

I read a while back that Bizzard had hired a few Hollywood screen writers to contribute to writing the story. While the lore is there, it appears that new story avenues are being written into the game. Hanging threads that can be picked up on to move it forward, so we don't get Ony rising for the thrid time; the Aspects losing their power for a new age to dawn. And of course Death Wing's spawn ploting and planning.

Surfang could work as a regent until the spawn of Thrall becomes of age, but I still like the idea of a power vacuum, although this would be a modified power vacuum with the chance for others to challange for the throne.

I thought all of the saurfangs died...
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I thought Varok, had sort of semi-retired in Northrend.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

According to wowwiki, Varok is still alive and in Northend durring Cata leading what's left of the Warsong Offensive and the Horde Expedition. His leadership bone fides are pretty stong considering his closeness with Thrall.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Varok_Saurfang

A chance to ineract with Lor'themar? Can't wait.

Lansuer: Where do you see races that are neutral leaning like the Blood Elves going within the Horde? They seem rather separate from the Horde story since Cata's launch.
    DaveKosak: To Lansuer Stick around for patch 5.1 - we pick up the Blood Elves' story and propel it forward. Finally, a chance to interact with Lor'themar! Most players don't even know who he is.

I think if garrosh is gonna be killed Then most likely vojin will try to become warchief story bases It could be interesting for its hate against the nightelfs baine is much to Caring for the alliance so he as warchief is really unlikely.Maybe they will live it a turn and make Garros see his wrongdoing by Thialf (sort of same cinamatic as with the LK with his father)
    Last edited by cien; 09-21-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Sylvanas would make a really great choice for further turmoil for future story development. However, I would argue the Horde wouldn't really be the Horde without an Orc in charge.

I'll honestly be disappointed if Thrall isn't warchief again.

+ Reply to Thread