+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Warchief for the Horde

New Warchief for the Horde

So if the story stays true to the previews then end of MoP will spell the end of Garrosh as Warchief. In the Reddit Q & A last night Dave Kosak said in response to a question about he Forsaken:

"Well, first she'd have to run out of corpses, so from that perspective, the war is REALLY helping the Forsaken out...
    This is a good question, because the nature of the Forsaken makes them a really unstable ally. That leads to some great stories. At the moment, Sylvanas is fortifying her position - she's making a landgrab, she's fortifying her borders, she's using the Valkyr to boost her numbers... But what's her long-term plan?
    At least Garrosh called her out on it. What will the next Warchief do about it? Better question: What if SYLVANAS is the next Warchief? Oh man".

He later went on to say in response to whether or not Sylvanas will play a role in the expansion:

"Sylvanas will DEFINITELY play a role in the Alliance and Horde conflict. We might not catch up with her until one of the later patches. We've been debating on whether or not we catch up with Koltira now or later... The guy's in bad straights".

He then gave a glimpse of a Garrosh/Vol'jin confrontation in 5.1:

"If you're getting psyched about the storyline, I think you'll love the next novel which focuses on Vol'jin. Have you played the troll 1-10 intro experience? Vol'jin flat-out tells Garrosh he doesn't trust him and he'll stab him in the back the moment he sees an opportunity. The novel carries his story forward and really meshes in with the events of patch 5.1".

He also knocked out the idea of Thrall taking over again:

"So: Thrall. Obviously Thrall feels that Garrosh is his mistake. We explored some of his emotions around this in the "Elemental Bonds" questline in patch 4.2. For that reason, he'll DEFINITELY play a role in the ultimate conflict in Orgrimmar. But maybe not the role you'd expect.
    He'll be lying low in 5.0, but the current plan is for you to catch up with him in 5.1. (That content is still in development, so don't hold me to that.)
    Also, Horde and Alliance players will be happy to know that he'll be focused on Horde content this time around, not a neutral NPC helping both factions (which made sense in Cataclysm, but overwhlemingly the feedback is players want to see him be Hordey again. Yeah, I just made that word up.)"

So, it looks like in 5.1 is where the leaders of the Horde factions are going to get together with Thrall and make the decision that Garrosh must go. But, could Sylvanas ever be Warchief? I mean I'm going have my second Horde toon to 85 this week (Tauren pally) and the Forsaken are just disgusting. I can't see the other races of the Horde following her. Wonder if we're going to see a period of time with the Horde in disarray and leaderless and that will be the Alliance's "turn" to take it to the Horde; for a change.

That Tauren dude could be Warchief and so could Vol'jin, but not Sylvanas. Nobody trusts her. Even Thrall didn't trust her. Don't forget that there are also plenty of Orcs that could take up the reins.

I'd love it to be a Tauren, but Baine doesn't strike me as the one to lead the Horde, he's too, earthy; I can't see him getting on well with the Goblins, but he might have Vol'jin behind him.

Kael'Thas for President!

On a more serious note: It'll most likely Vol'jin, one of the older Orcs or MAYBE Baine, but I think he's too young and the only storyline I'ld see as acceptable is with his father being Warchief and him Tauren leader. Too bad they killed that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I'd love it to be a Tauren, but Baine doesn't strike me as the one to lead the Horde, he's too, earthy; I can't see him getting on well with the Goblins, but he might have Vol'jin behind him.
    Give the goblins enough gold and they'd get on with anybody.

Decapitation was merely a setback?

And let's face it, as cool as Vol'jin is right now, if he was warchief we'd eventually have to Zul'jin his ass...which gets us right back to where we are w/Garrosh.

Taurens are clearly the proper choice...it'd be nice if they got a decent fucking racial out of the deal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Give the goblins enough gold and they'd get on with anybody.
    that's exactly the reason Taurens don't get along with them, the only principle they got is "gold is good", while Taurens are more ... profound in their life ideology.

Frankly, with the whole backstabbing quote, I think the Orcs might respect Vol'jin enough if he takes the mantle of Warchief by force, can fit in this nice 300-like scene with him spearing Garrosh to death
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    that's exactly the reason Taurens don't get along with them, the only principle they got is "gold is good", while Taurens are more ... profound in their life ideology.

Frankly, with the whole backstabbing quote, I think the Orcs might respect Vol'jin enough if he takes the mantle of Warchief by force, can fit in this nice 300-like scene with him spearing Garrosh to death
    If Vol'jin kill-jacks us w/Garrosh there will be no end to the QQ...
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

You mean War Stomp isn't op?

I think we can agree the Jastor Gallywix is out; no one trusts the Goblins; Vol'jin would be controversial as would Sylvanas; the Orc's have no one Rexxar was kind of dismissed later in the AWA; so Caine is the "safe" choice. Unless Aggra's star suddenly rises. Could a female Orc be Warchief?

I'm sticking with guess that the Horde goes Warchiefless, falls into disarray and the Alliance gets it's expansion in the sun in 6.0. The story line in 6.0 being a hero for the Horde rising up, say Thrall's son?

I'm sticking with guess that the Horde goes Warchiefless, falls into disarray and the Alliance gets it's expansion in the sun in 6.0. The story line in 6.0 being a hero for the Horde rising up, say Thrall's son?
    The chances of this are roughly 0%.

And it's Baine, not Caine.

Yeah Baine, got it right the first time.

Maybe 0%, maybe not. There are no good obvious choices for the Horde; there's been so much QQ about the story being so Horde focused and the Alliance losing territory and Varian being a crappy king, that I can see Blizzard giving the Alliance some love while they develop a successor for the Horde. Makes for a good story line, the rise of someone to unite the Horde after the siege of Org. Remember, it's not just the Alliance that's going to assault Org it's the Horde too. You're basically going to have a civil war take place in the Horde, lots of dead orcs killed by the Horde; I don't think the story is going to be suddenly there's a leader taking over. There's going to have to be some period of chaos followed by a leader coming to the front. Maybe during that period the Horde breaks into smaller alliances and there's some governing council during a period of detente.

Lots of ways they can go with the story.

Nobody ever EVER mentions the blood elves in these kinds of threads. I assume there is a reason. Obviously, I wouldn't want a blood elf to rule my race, lol. But that's just me and my bias. I assume there is a more lore-oriented reason.

Edit:
    (Warning: TOO SOON!)
    That would be like making Sandusky president.

Cause there are no male blood elves?

I c wut you did thar!

The main reason against sylvanas becoming warchief is that the developers said "hehe imagine if sylvanas became warchief!" they don't do that. That's like them saying during burning crusade "imagine if the undead were rising up and we invaded undercity! Also, what if gnomes were actually robots? haha!"

When they actually have something planned, they don't even allude to it that openly in jest :O

If Cairne was still around he'd be best probably, or Vol'jin, but if Thrall comes back of course he's defacto warchief... bad ass mofo. Sylvanas... just wouldn't mesh, nor would whoever leads the blood elves now. Too bad Saurfang's all broken up over the loss of his son =(

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I vote Kaz for warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    I vote Kaz for warchief.
    Way to suck up to the mod.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    Way to suck up to THE mod.
    Quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Unless Aggra's star suddenly rises. Could a female Orc be Warchief?
    Seeing as how the Mag'har orcs were more or less lead by Thrall's greatmother, I think that orcs are okay with female leaders. I have my money on Aggra (with Thrall as her "First Lady": he's already shown he doesn't want to be involved with war stuff, he'd rather be involved with shaman stuff, so this allows him to work on his hobbies...) or Vol'jin. Maybe Cromush, since we can't have Saurfang?

+ Reply to Thread