+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Protecting Pandaria, a Prot Warrior Spreadsheet

Thx for this clairification, I'd add I engaged the fight with a shattering throw and take a 4000 strength pot, which isnt mentioned by the WoL.
    The massive attack seem to do physical dmg, according to the WoL; so we could think the formulation is bugged for this kind of special attack and do a mix between magical and physical formulation like : unmitigateg dmg/3 like you say in the second point of your Option 1.

Dunno if its possible to solo absorb this attack in heroic mod, but it could be a very usefull help to not reach the enrage timer.

I hope I havent poluate your thread.

As I see it, it should count as magical (rather some kind of Bleed) as it's not reduced by armor (which you can easily see, as everyone takes exactly the same (expected) damage, priest/mage as well as paladin)(but still it's reduced by defstance), so at least in this point it displays the expected behavior.

Numbers are updated for 5.2, enjoy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

I'm currently the most interested in the Dodge vs Parry values, so am i correct when reading this:

"Paper doll Parry/Dodge ratio: Ideal: 1.6345 Yours: 2.2318"

As in: I need to get more dodge instead of Parry? I'm quite positive this is the case but i just want to double check :P

In the Food Buff section there is no Stamina food option (probably because it doesnt really have anything to do with the DPS calculations)...

Otherwise everything is looking good. I'm assuming "Bonus Health" in the stats tab is or Taurens.

* Yup, Higher means you have too much Parry (Although the actual value will probably be <5% lower than Dodge, so always go Mastery > avoidance imho)
    * I'll look into the Stamina food buff this week, see if I haven't made a mistake somewhere
    * Bonus Health is for trinkets etc that give straight up HP and not Stamina. You can also use it for Ancestral Vigor, where a Resto Shaman grants 10% of his healing done as HP, stacking up to 10% of your max HP and lasts 15s.

Lowish priority.

But you're listing the default stamina buff as 5%, it's actually 10%.
    And the paper doll value of stamina now includes the unwavering sentinel and plate specialization multipliers, meaning that you could likely bounce those out of the stamina calculation.

EDIT:
    also, after juggling some buffs around pretty certain one of your INT() functions should be a CEILING().
    Stats Tab, Cell F8.

EDIT2:
    The two pink cells on the Stats page are the modifications I made, seems pretty solid now (using the new paper doll accounts for racial differences)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing
    Last edited by Booi; 04-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been unusually busy in the last couple of weeks/months, but I should (fingers crossed) have enough time this weekend to have another look at the stamina & base stat issues.

Finally found some time!!

Updated the spreadsheet, included most of the 5.4 PTR patch notes changes as well.
    Things in PTR I added:
    * Enraged Regeneration & Impending Victory healing buffs
    * Rage gain from Shield Slam and Devastate crits (currently assuming no ICD, will require testing on PTR once it's implemented)
    * Updated Bladestorm CD to 60 seconds
    Also:
    * I dumped Threat numbers, as they were becoming rather useless.
    * Added Shattering Throw and (5.4) Storm Bolt to the Ability & Rotation tabs
    * Added an option in the stat weights to only look for Best/Worst in gemming possibilities, excluding HP, armor & stamina from gear.
    * Stamina is now divided into gear & gems in the stat weights tables, for the correct 'stat point' cost. This means you can now directly compare Stamina gems vs secondary stats.
    * Had to change the Enrage uptime formula to incorporate Shield Slam and Devastate procs, meaning the uptime is now based on average proc events per second rather than actual procs per boss. I might decouple those later for a more accurate uptime simulation on Rage gain, once we have info on the ICD bahaviour.

As an added bonus, I have added an update of the 5.1 calculations on weapon enchants. It is currently separate, although if people wish, I can add an adjusted version straight into the main spreadsheet. The rough numbers are:
    Colossus = ~1000 HPS (probably best 5man/heroic scenario enchant)
    Dancing Steel = ~620 Strength (better than Colossus, good enough for Fury Warriors in their offspec)
    River's Song = ~1100 Dodge (best mitigation, because it can stack twice)
    River's Song actually scales slightly better with Haste/weapon speed than the other two, but it is only noticable at Haste gains over 30% (e.g. Bloodlust)

I am also working on a C-based simulation program to replace the older damage reduction models, but with the workload I currently have, it might be closer to 6.0 before I get a decent version running :P

Airowird,

Still having issues with your health calculation.
    I think if you redefine cell Stats!E8 as the paper doll figure and adjust cells Stats!F7 and Stats!F8 to match what i have here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjS-yRwHEzQ2dFhEay11NFNRX3NnaVZPZ2podG93ZUE#gid=0

you can hit the appropriate figure each time.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you intend to be used as the Stamina stat.

ooCalc notation - Stats!F7:
    Code:
    =CEILING(146643*IF(E6=K22;1.05;1);1;1)+E7+(F8*14)-240
    ooCalc notation - Stats!F8:
    Code:
    =CEILING((E8+IF('Talents&Buffs'.B5='Talents&Buffs'.B20;1500*1.15*1.05;0)+IF('Talents&Buffs'.B7='Talents&Buffs'.B26;0;'Talents&Buffs'.A7*1.15*1.05)*IF(E6=K21;2;1))*(1+('Talents&Buffs'.E5));1;1)
    Last edited by Booi; 06-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

First of all, thank you for your kind and powerful work. But I have a question. This sheet contains the riposte? I cannot find appropriate skill damage and crit value in the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by KR_Maintanker View Post
    First of all, thank you for your kind and powerful work. But I have a question. This sheet contains the riposte? I cannot find appropriate skill damage and crit value in the sheet.
    He hasn't posted in over a month, I don't think Riposte was added in yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Sorry, it's been hectic around here, and I didn't get around to adding crit-to-rage values into the defensive models just yet, which is imho the major benefit of Riposte. For pure damage reduction (what Blizzard seems to look at), it seems to push avoidance up to par with the rest, but because the passive avoidance as well as the rage gain from the crit rating gained is granular and unpredictable, it still lags behind severely in burst time models (the one we actually care about).
    Secondly, because Strength doesn't give actual Parry rating (even though it is in the same DR mechanic), it is now always less valuable DPS-wise to replace avoidance with Strength on a 1:1 ratio.

So Riposte right now does 2 things:
    a) Buff your DPS through avoidance rating (note: tooltip is wrong, it's parry/dodge rating into crit rating!)
    b) makes avoidance on gear less of a dissappointment, but changes nothing in gearing priorities.

+ Reply to Thread