Protecting Pandaria, a Prot Warrior Spreadsheet
For all those Warriors that understand the value of numbers, but just can't figure out how to make them work together ...
The Panda-Protector's Spreadsheet!!
Prot Warrior Skills p5.4.zip
The spreadsheet is (mostly) up-to-date with all the Mists of Pandaria mechanics. (see bottom for NYIs)
If you encounter any bugs or issues, post in this thread and I'll help you as much as I can.
Short explanation of the pages:
(Most should explain itself)
* Fill in all the yellow cells with (unbuffed) Armory numbers. The numbers next to it will show the effective in-raid numbers.
* Fill in boss damage for Damage Reduction tab.
* There are some initial fast-answer numbers here such as Parry/Dodge ratios, Austere vs Eternal, SB vs SBar,...
* Tab to adjust raid buffs, talents, glyphs, set bonuses,...
* A small comparison between talents is listed, but they are relatively crude, as they don't take lost DPS from GCDs into account and assume you use them straight on the cooldown.
* Detailled math on all numbers per ability. (Average Damage/Threat, actual crit chance,...)
* Allows you to set multiple target tanking as well as including procs into the initial skill for a per-button-press view.
* Has some Impending Victory numbers, especially on the results of its 10 Rage cost
* Short table to calculate your rotation's total DPS & TPS (Deep Wounds is only added if you didn't include them into Dev/TC uses in your Abilities tab).
* Rage gain estimation for SB/SBar guesstimates.
* Perfect to check DPS from combat log parses or to adjust priorities/rotations on target dummies.
5. Damage Reduction
* All things defensive:
* Damage Reduction from Armor & Avoidance and how much bosses actually hit you for.
* Results of EHP, TankPoints (HP/Damage Reduction) and Burst Time (see link) models.
* Stat values for the above models for all stats, taking into account your talents & environment.
* Item Comparison tool for stat values of both TankPoints and Burst Time models (or a combination of both)
Changes since the last Cataclysm version:
* I've colored all "hidden/background" text blue grey. This includes hidden uptime tables, elixir lists and large parts of calculations that are repeated in several cells. Feel free to ignore those cells, they are only non-white so you don't accidently write over them. If you like reading that data, knock yourself out!
* Stats page now suggest an ideal parry rating value and parry/dodge ratio, based on your current dodge rating and optimal efficiency.
* Austere vs Eternal breakpoint calculation based on your current mastery levels.
* Some basic talent comparisons.
* You can opt to include procs into abilities, which funnels glyph, Deep Wounds & Ultimatum damage into the abilities that proc it.
* The damage reduction tab now includes an option for rage generation, including hit/expertise rating values.
* I had to up the Burst Time values to 1:10.000 because of how the model works with ratings & damage. The relative values are still the same.
* The base stamina values for Goblins and Blood Elves are rather high, but both official armoury and in game checks confirm that these are correct.
* Crit/dodge scaling from Agility is currently missing, I hope to add it once someone can find me some scaling data, although the impact is minimal.
* Spreadsheet is already updated for 5.4 (didn't have time to do a separate 5.3 version, sorry!). I will try to keep it updated for the people playing on PTR, but let me know if stuff like the Enrage ICD is not simulated as it is on the servers, please.
The following spreadsheet has some numbers on weapon enchants, which I made for a discussion at some point in 5.1. I have updated it to the RPPM changes that happened afterwards, which sums up the gains from all MoP enchants (even the cheapskate ones!!)
MoP Tank enchant sheet.xls
Last edited by Airowird; 06-13-2013 at 01:26 PM.
I updated some values to be a bit more correct, made sure all my avoidance formulae now use links to fields rather than hardcode them in case I need to change some values at 90.
ah Airo, Fish Fish truck though with shouts and coming before fish and rev being more a truck than fish, perhaps it should be truck truck fish?
I have missed this spreadsheet so much.
Well you still fish for rage and with HR, it's still a truck, right?
* I fixed the Vengeance guesstimate (was being divided by boss swing timer once too many, thanks for the spotting, theck!)
* Changed the SB vs SBar threshold to show as AP level. This is total AP, to get only Vengeance AP, simply remove the "+2*C6" part in the Cell B28.
* Before you're asking, with the default values in there, it still isn't (technicly) worth using SBar exclusively, as you lose too much rage from SB. The result with these values is roughly a 0,4% loss on overall damage reduction.
* With the Vengeance fix, hit/exp become on par with avoidance as long as you are capped on SB uptime.
*hit/exp assume you attempt to cap out SB first, and only then start using SBar. I'm still not sure if I should put in an override option on this or not and if so, how it should work, any thoughts on this anyone?
That should be it for now
can i run the Spreadsheet whit oppen office??
As it is made in Open Office, you definately should. The zip file will contain both a Microsoft Office (.xls) and an open standard (.ods) file that are identical except for the extension.
Originally Posted by Towers
Do you have the ideal dodge/parry ratio up to date ? Since warrior caps were found to be different from prot pals ones.
The Warrior caps are integrated into it with the last numbers I managed to 'borrow' from the blog posts of Theck over on sacredduty.net
just tried a couple days ago and it works perfect, i´m loving´t, i´ts easier than creating a complete character in rawr... if ypu update the SS, you´ll doit in this tread??,
Originally Posted by Airowird
What SS are you referring to?
I also need to update Deep Wounds & Revenge numbers as soon as I got some spare time.
Pretty sure he was using ss=spreadsheet
Ah yes, that would make sense.
Then yes, I'll update this thread throughout MoP (bar any major changes in my personal life), with a new post here every time I update significant changes.
Does somebody knows the exact vengeance calculation for the first hit we take by a boss ? Last evening, against the first add of the spirit king 10N, i've absorbed alone the two first massive attack (420000 hit, 180000 block). I didn't notice in real time at how many my vengeance dump (vengeance status bar was capped to 420000ap at the end of the figth), but all i know is my dps reach 700.000dps 5 sc after the pull with two Shield Slam at respectivly 1988k (yes 1.98M) and 1670k. You can check it on WoL. I think it could be an insane raiddps dump for this fight with a short enrage.
Ive tried to find the good formulation to reach 500k+ dps and 420000 vengeance ap with your spread sheet, but your formulation of vengeance take into account the base swing boss timer and i dont see how this variable could be take into account for the calculation of the vengeance at the first boss attack.
Is it not 2% of the unmitigated damage as the tooltip says? Also please link the log, I'm interested!
Originally Posted by Tengenstein
>> Here is the WoL <<
I filtred the dmg done and the dmg taken. We can see its the first massive attack which bump my vengeance because my SS goes from 35k to 1988k between this first attack. 2% of this attack (800k*0.02 = 16000) cant justify that insane vengeance bump, there is something else.
Either I'm missing something or it just doesn't make sense. Further looking into it you gained a debuff called Pillaged that increases your damage, but I still don't see how a 35k SS turns into a 1.98m crit with just stock vengeance and a 50% damage buff. Someone else better chime in on this I'm going to be of no use.
Originally Posted by Tengenstein
You had following buffs on you:
Avatar (+20% dmg)
Lesson of the Darkmaster (~9k AP)
Shield Block (assuming Heavy Repurcussions glyph)
We can also assume that you have the 4% vulnerability on the boss.
So we're looking at 1988750 damage
- Avatar = 1657292
- GoHR = 1104861
- 4% debuff = 1062366
- you crit = 531183
That means you need ~400k total AP for this 530k hit if it would be on a target with 0 armor.
With 17-20% reduction from armor, we're looking at ~620-640k hit. Let's ballpark it at 630k, which requires 475k AP.
Option 1: 'Magic' damage
Vengeance has a minimum of Damage Taken/3. So in this case you'ld be getting 160k AP from the 480k damage you took. Let's assume that it uses the 800k, and not the reduced, blocked value.
You're looking at around ~280k effective AP at that time, good for a raw damage value of ~375k. So that's coming up short just under 200k AP.
Option 2: Melee damage
Vengeance minimum is Unmitigated Damage / 7.5
With 60% reduction from armor, that ends up exactly the same as above.
it's even less if you only have ~55% reduction (divide the damage by 7.5/0.45 = 3.15 instead)
Option 3: Shadowfiend bugged it out
The boss did 1.6m damage, which at Dmg/3 = 530k AP. More than enough to get this high a value, with the armor option at 55% this is 508k.
Generally, pets aren't included when it comes to damage/healing sharing, but they do take the damage/heals.
A simple example is that if I use my Shaman's Healing Rain on 6 Hunters with their pets out, I still do full healing on each target (6 is the cap), but I also heal the 6 pets for that full amount, effectively doubling the healing. Perhaps you got lucky and the Shadofiend messed up some internal stuff (seems weird, but hey, it definately could be as the Vengeance mechanics are pretty complicated)
Last edited by Airowird; 10-17-2012 at 04:18 AM.
There are a few mistakes in your calculation (at least if I didn't understand anything wrong): The pillaged debuff shouldn't be on the boss, but only on players. ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=118047/pillage )
The minimum is not a minimum. The DamageTaken/1.5 is the estimated equilibrium point and you get bumped up half as high as this (see http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=186#3701 - even if it isn't this correct anymore, because those are the vengeance calculations before the change to unmitigated damage. (And also he never took 480k damage. To be honest I'm quite irritated, according to the dungeon journal massive attack should a) split and b) hit for 800k. It does hit him for 800k, mitigated by the .75 from defstance, but it also hits the Shadowfiend...(So it seems some kinds of pets aren't accounted for.)))
The normal value should be UnmitigatedDamageTaken/7.5 ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=210#4185 )
(Even if it doesn't quite match with my short tests (Where it's more like damage/8 - but I've probably just missed some factor))
(If massive attack should count as spell, ... I'm not to sure how the actual initial vengeance should look - but I'd guess it should be more along the lines of the first link, so damageTaken/3)
There, fixed it, should be better now