Thread: Yup another HC spine one

Yup another HC spine one

Ok so here is my issue for my raid, yeah i know we are miles behind prog, but we area fairly new guild and making our own way atm, but tonight i fell we had issues on hc spine and most fights we have struggled on at the time we have worked our own solutions to, with this i am all out of ideas as to where the issue lies (well i have my thoughts but need conformation)

so as we stand comp wise

DK tank
    Warr Tank
    Ret Pally (me)
    Dps Warr (fury)
    Rogue (not full legendary)
    2 Hunters (one is BM for lust)
    Boomy (offheals coming from him when needed)
    Resto druid
    Disc or holy priest

The problem i have is for first plate we blow cds, ret and warr use pots and one shot it, for second plate we are lusting other raid dps using pots and not killing it in one, but very close

So we finish that off, then by the time we have the third plate up we are always either overun with bloods or a dps down, as we know we can burn a tendon under full cds it seems we have an issue elsewhere

I guess what i am asking is should we have that second plate down in one under lust (as i feel we should and need to get our asses in gear), we have our rogue try and clear some bloods before rolls to help with clearing the platform, but we always seem to be overun, and lose folk, and wipe before getting a second lift on the last platform

The other concern for me is obviously as a ret i have the best burst damage out of all of us, but i am not sure post patch if the other classes are playing to their full burst potential, our last try the tendon had about 300k left on the last lift

I am calling for raid cds and personal cds later on in the fight, to try an help healers, but would we better to go 3 heals and 2 lift the first 2 and just burn the last under full cds and lust, tbh i am kinda confused as we seem to have enough to kill it, but we are failing a lot as well

I didn't have time to log the attempts tonight but have a good idea of who was doing what, so if you need anymore info please ask, any help would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance

when you roll after each plate try to have the tanks use the amalagamations for the defeated corruptions to absorb some blood residue before they are flung off. With a little practic you can throw 48 residue off beofre you rach the third plate, which buys you a little time before the bloods over whelm you.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Glyph holy wrath will give you some breathing room and save bloodlust for last part where your having problems if your not getting tendon down in one go with it will be more helpful later we use it just before algamation explodes and clear some blood's can't remember if it's 3rd plate 1St lift or second sorry not done it for few weeks. We 3 heal but from what I hear from our healers 2 healing should be fine. Hope this hlps

One thing we do with bloods that may help out is on the first 2 plates we have our boomkin just kill bloods whenever we arent rolling or killing the tendon. This helps keep all the bloods gathered in one pile so when you go to roll its fairly easy to get the amalgs stacked up right before theyre launched off which will keep the bloods way down at the end. once your tanks get good at it, you can easily just tunnel your way through the whole fight without kiting.

Three heal it. With three good healers (even two good and one meh) two lifts per plate and not absorbing the bloods on a roll are not issues. Don't let the priest go Disc; Disc sucks on that fight, while their numbers will be up there, it's absorbs and that does nothing to get the debuff off and is just a mana drain to the direct healer.

I know Blizz is all about bring the player not the class these days, but Resto Shammys are OP on that fight with Spirit Link totems. On each roll, drop a Spirit link the and the debuff is gone so healers don't start with people as mana sponges.

We do Warrior/DK tank combo too. Our warrior tanks all the bloods up at the head with the healers and range in pile and the DK keeps the Amal at the tail, then walks him into the pile when health is down. Same drill each time.

Also is your DPS using the VP trinkets? The cool down on them will be up each for each tendon and gives a nice burst.

We've been clearing 10 mans since the patch since we've taken a break from 25's until panda so I'll share what we do.

- I don't really see the point in clearing the first tendon in one lift if it costs you any dps later in the fight... it's fairly easy to clear all the extra bloods on the roll after the first tendon so it seems somewhat pointless to me.

- We always use 3 healers and kill the tendons in 2 lifts each time.

- Tank dps is a huge help so make sure they are either going all out on the tendon or handling grips during tendon so dps can focus on burst.

- As a prot warrior I solo all the bloods pretty much exclusively. Make sure all the healers and ranged dps stand on top of him when the amalg isn't supernova and make sure the amalg tank isn't clearing at all. Gathering bloods is much harder without unlimited taunts but it isn't bad with thunderclap spamming.

Thanks for all the advice so far, we are raiding again tomorrow (thurs) night, i think with some of the tips we should get it down, as from what i have read and seen on our attempts aout amalgs are rolling with one or two stacks maximum, i think once we get that sorted we are in a good place

Ok well thx for all the help, it was the problem of not rolling enough bloods off as it turned out, we sorted it tonight and got a smooth kill, and then did dw as well

So thx to the tankspot guys (and girls) for the help on our kill

gratz