+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SlamAndAwe - Warrior addon for Fury/Prot

SlamAndAwe - Warrior addon for Fury/Prot

SlamAndAwe has been updated for MoP and I'm looking for additional feedback.

SlamAndAwe includes various features for Warriors such as an ability priority frame, rage bar, cooldown bars, uptime frame for enrage/flurry, etc. I've recently started adding Protection abilities, including shield barrier timer bar (with absorb amount), and shield block with more coming soon.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slamandawe

Ty, but for this to be useful we need to be able to add custom triggers even if it means you completely ignore sanity/error checking.

Could you elaborate more please?

Are you speaking about Fury, Protection or Both? What type of custom triggers are you referring to?

Going to try this out for protection now. Am I able to edit the ability priority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The default priority for protection is wrong, and self contradictory; by including DS as part of the rotation i assume you are going for maximum survivabilty, in which case you should only use TC to keep WB up and otherwise use the highest RPS abilitis so either SS, Rev, Dev, or BS/CS. The only reason to prioritise SW/DR/TC over Dev is for stuns or AOE threat. Pick one, not both.

The default priority for protection is wrong, and self contradictory; by including DS as part of the rotation i assume you are going for maximum survivabilty, in which case you should only use TC to keep WB up and otherwise use the highest RPS abilitis so either SS, Rev, Dev, or BS/CS. The only reason to prioritise SW/DR/TC over Dev is for stuns or AOE threat. Pick one, not both.
    I don't think he knows it changed to a defensive CD. CLCInfo is the exact same way with their Prot priority. It also includes rend.

Anyway, I checked it out on a dummy and found a few things I didn't like:

Bars: Can't change or remove the border, can't change the order, rage bar cannot be disabled

Priority: Needs to be (for single target) Thunderclap, SnB Shield Slam, Shout, Shield Slam, Revenge, Dev. Tclap should not be reapplied until the Weakened Blows debuff falls off. Cannot remove the Heroic Strike Frame, only disable showing the icon. Priority icon need a thicker border, the default blizz one is just clunky looking.

Sorry for the formatting, baby kept me up until 5 am and I've logged about an hour of sleep so far.
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Ty for the input. In reality I haven't play much prot since we stopped raiding DS months ago, and have spent most my time in 5.0 focusing on Fury, so I'm a bit behind on protection.

The default priority list for Prot was just some stuff I threw in temporarily, I'll update it with the feedback provided as well as updating TC with !debuff.weakend_blows or debuff.weakend_blows < 2sec remaining.

Formatting enhancements such as borders, colors, etc are on the way as well as additional options such as disabling the rage bar or making it out of combat.

Things I missed as prot:

* TC/Weakened Blows both for no debuff and <6s, perhaps as configurable setting, tanks are iffy!
    * Bar order. I personally prefer Rage-SBlock-SBarrier as order, as SB is something you use far more often.
    * Maybe in the future; change priority settings window to move skill up/down and add/remove to the list. Now if I want to insert a skill I need to change 5 dropdown menus.
    * Uptime tracking of Shield Block (and possibly SBar absorb per rage?)
    * SBlock/Bar option for the HS frame, if (no SB up && rage >=60) -> Shield Block, maybe set threshold for SBar similar to HS?
    * HS pre-cap bar thingy should go to 120, not just 100
    * "low rage" threshold for shouts should be configurable.
    * I can't remove the Rage bar, I'ld like to use my own addon for Rage please!
    * Vengeance support would be a plus.

After that, you can add Arms support!
    Last edited by Airowird; 09-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Good ideas

Also the HS rage threshold bar should go to 120, if you had the glyph active when you logged in. Problem is the options menu is generated at login and the threshold bar limit is uses your maxrage at that time.

I could hard set it to 120 I suppose.
    Last edited by reighnman; 09-06-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post

Priority: Needs to be (for single target) Thunderclap, SnB Shield Slam, Shout, Shield Slam, Revenge, Dev. Tclap should not be reapplied until the Weakened Blows debuff falls off.
    THe priority changed when they buffed the RPS from SS and this is no longer correct

Default priority list for prot should be a little bit better now, I'll keep looking at it.

v2.0.12:
    -Protection's default priority list revamped, also a new thunderclap priority with (if=!debuff.weakened_blows or duration < 6 sec)
    -Heroic Leap removed from Fury's default priority list.
    -Added libsharedmedia for bar background, border and font textures. You can get additions borders/textures through various addons that use libsharedmedia.
    -Rage Bar color can now be modified. Still working on other improvements.
    -Cleaned up the configuration menu a bit.

Battle/Commanding Shout should be part of our default rotation as Protection. They have the same Rage Per Execute as a non SnB Shield Slam.

single target prio should be something like Weakened Blows > Shield Slam > Shout > Rev > Dev > (<6s Weakened Blows and pre-SS CD) > rest

could you also maybe add Thunder Clap, Shockwave & Dragon Roar options to only show on the pre-Slam GCD? (so 3rd after SS?), because this GCD only can provide SnB (average 1.5 rage gain), which is the least rage lost for cooldown abilities like those.

Edit: Oh, maybe have some sort of SBar guesstimate showing, so we know when to get the most of it on magic type bosses?
    Last edited by Airowird; 09-07-2012 at 03:39 AM.

I have some ideas for the Vengeance / Shield Barrier Estimate bar, like a combined bar (half vengeance half shield barrier estimate bar.

It would look something like this, with vengeance on the left and "barrier estimate bar" on the right:

With lots of vengeance and 28 rage.

With lots of vengeance and 60 rage (full bar), maybe have it go green at 60 rage.

I could even have the text go green if the estimated value of the shield is larger than the shield you currently have, etc.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by reighnman; 09-07-2012 at 07:29 AM.

100% vengeance? vengeance no longer has a cap.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Oh, I'll just show the value then. For rough draft purposes we'll just say "lots of vengeance". It'll just be similar to the shield barrier bar then, a timer bar with a value.
    Last edited by reighnman; 09-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Don't know about Vengeance as a bar, because it has no real cap anymore (maybe option to just show Rage & AP numbers instead of rage bar?)

As for the SBar shield, I was thinking of showing the expected shield value (at current rage) with color 1 (default yellow?) when 2*(AP-2*Str) < 2.5*Stamina, and when the AP scaler > stamina, show a marker on the shield bar as color 1 and the rest of the nubmer as color 2 (green?). Kinda like how the blood shield tracker addons usually do it.

What is the shield barrier formula? Not sure where the rage coefficient applies. Does it only apply to AP or the total?

The coefficient value should be current rage(up to 60) / 60 * 2.5

I've seen a couple formula's, not sure which is correct since I haven't had a chance to test, and not sure if the coefficient is already applied in the formulas.

Is it 2*(AP-2*Str) when < 2.5*Stamina?

its either 2x(AP-2xSTR), or 2.5xStam, multiplied by rage/60 whichever is greater. essentially @60 rage its almost always gonna be double your present vengeance value.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Gotcha, will have something together tonight.

+ Reply to Thread