+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do they do it on purpose?

Do they do it on purpose?

I mean, seriously, it seems like every PUG I get in lately, when I pull a group, each DPS opens up on something different. I have a hell of a time keeping threat at first. I am not the greatest tank ever, but all my achievements earned I was tanking. I have been away from the game for a while, I sat out Cata, so I have to catch up on gear, and PUGs like this make it so hard. I miss my guild.

Yes, for the past year Tank threat has been rediculously good becuase blizz felt threat wasn't fun, however they recently (last week) changed how our vengeance works, so it stacks up a bit slower, especially in dungeons. DPS haven't quite got the message yet and such continue there long and never ending journy of making their tank's life a nightmare. God forbid they actuall tricks/MD you or tuurn their pet's growl/threatening presence off, follow the kill order. They don't care, they didn't need to care, the don't learn they just open up wherever the fuck they want and complain if it doesn't go perfectly.

On the other hand for the most part tanks can solo most instances any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    DPS NEVER quite gets the message
    There, fixed that for you.

I find it hard to live without an addon to mark targets. QuickMark is the one I use now. I always try to skull something - I sometimes get abused by PUGs for marking in 5 mans, but is worth it imo.

I don't bother marking, the idiots just sap skull anyway and chain sheep it while I'm focusing it. I just work hard to maintain threat, if they pull and die, so what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by theodisius View Post
    I find it hard to live without an addon to mark targets. QuickMark is the one I use now. I always try to skull something - I sometimes get abused by PUGs for marking in 5 mans, but is worth it imo.
    Keybind the markers

i just spam my aoe threat abilities and be quick with taunts. when im on my pally ill also bop or salv anyone climbing threat. the heroics are so easy that focusing targets isnt really needed and most half decent geared dps can tank any mob in there without much trouble so if they pull then taunt when I can and no biggie. hell when im on my arms warrior i end up tanking basically everything 90% of the time anyways even if I throttle my dps due to the gear difference and the lack of threat droppers that i just choose to nuke as hard as possible and let the healer worry about healing me through it.

I started switching targets in large pulls, but it's hard to do that and not stand in the fire lol. I do mark targets but it doesn't seem to help. Now that I'm getting used to the new rotation it's been better. Judgement for the pull, HoTR, wrath, cons. usually does it.

+ Reply to Thread