+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Survival Instincts: A (Somewhat) Official Guide to Druid Guardian Tanking

Zafira pointed out last night that Soul of the Forest also includes a 15% bonus to Mangle damage, so that it has a benefit other than the rage buff. That wasn't in the patch notes. I'm not sure I'm convinced that it beats out Incarnation's burst damage versus overall over time yet -- my guild doesn't raid until Thursday, so I haven't had a chance to try it on anything other than Niuzao and Chi-Ji.

Gift of Ysera, meanwhile, is horribly overpowered right now at high health -- there's something very wrong when the tank is higher on the healing meters than the healers, even if it was the gimmick fight Niuzao (...seeing myself with over 2 million health was kinda fun...), but even at my base self-buffed health of 737K that's still a 37K heal reliably every 5 seconds.

The new DoC Healing Touch is healing for about 135-180K at light Vengeance levels, which is somewhat less than what I was getting when it was based off of Agility with the old double stacked NS/HT+DoC combo pre-5.4. However, it's interesting to think about maybe using glyphed FR now, since I found myself constantly rage-capped (while using SotF with a 70% base crit on Mangle) well before my Savage Defense fell off, and I wound up resorting to using Maul just to burn off the excess rage.

Will comment more after I've got some raid-ready numbers.

I agree with you... although I am hearing from other Druids that Heart of the Wild is better than DoC. But I just don't see how. The constant stam nice, but I only see an increase from 830kish to 875k raid buffed. Using it on cooldown uses GCDs to cast Rejuv on yourself when you could be using other mitigations and it uses spell power vs DoC heals using attack power

But I am also in the firm belief that the tanking role is to survive the fight, whether that is through mitigation or healing, and make the healers life easier.

At the moment, I see more benefit to not glyphing Frenzied Regen only if you have the 2 pc bonus from T15 which increases your Frenzied heals when you dodge with Savage Defense up because I see 200 to 300k heals from a fully buffed Frenzied from that 2 pc... which if timed right can easily even out spikes in damage

Never glyph FR.

DoC is better when you don't need/want HotW for something specific. Sure it's a DPS loss but it's much more substantial raid utility.

Am being a little slow on updating the Guide for this patch since I'm working on experimenting with the new talents, and updating the Gear list for new 90s while I'm at it, and conferring with the other bears I know for their experiences.

SotF seems to be their choice, though I'm not sure I agree; the Talent gives a lot of smoothed out Rage generation in trade for a lack of burst from Incarnation. In a high crit build, Surania says that he can pretty much ride Maul whenever he's not having to hit FR, which ought to reduce damage on high melee bosses that much further.

DoC synergizes with SotF, since the 10% bonus crit goes with the extra rage gen on crits rather nicely, and so far I've had to use the Nature's Swiftness battlerez at least once or twice a week ever since the patch hit. On the other paw, Elebez and Telamir still prefer Heart of the Wild for the empowered Tranquility. Haven't tried switching back to Nature's Vigil since the patch, I admit....

Hope to have everything updated by the end of this weekend.
    -T.

SotF will give less DPS than Incarnation, but slightly more Rage over the same 3 minute duration. So really you take Incarnation for encounters with burst/burn phases, and SotF otherwise.

HotW Tranq......eh. There's like 2 normal encounters where it's useful: Malkorok (assuming raid soaking) and Thok. Everywhere else a normal Tranq does just fine for whatever you need (Garrosh, Nazgrim, Jugg, Galakras, Pride), or you can't use it at all.

Have you guys looked much at the Druid module on simcraft, seems to be fairly up to date.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Not since I posted a whole host of bugs with it 6 months ago or so.

I know Pawkets recently found and fixed some more bugs which were causing massively wrong TMI values. I haven't tested it yet though, as I have other things that need doing.

+ Reply to Thread