View Poll Results: Which tank do you consider the best in beta right now?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death Knight

0 0%
  • Druid

1 20.00%
  • Monk

1 20.00%
  • Paladin

0 0%
  • Warrior

3 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The state of tanks in beta

The state of tanks in beta

Due to a business trip I've not been able to play nearly as much on beta as I'd like, so I'm curious: what's the general consensus on tank performance in beta? I'm talking both balance and gameplay here.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-9-20-14.html

Statistically Warriors are best tank for DPS, DTPS, HPS and barely beaten out by druids on TMI. and otherwise generally awesome.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Remember that warriors double dip on hps and dtps. The disparity is not as large as it seems.

Also. Those Sims are still using PvP gear. I think collision is waiting for more of the classes to catch up on set bonuses before publishing. And finally. Not all the tank classes have a dedicated developer so some of the models/apls are out.
    Last edited by buoy; 09-21-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    Remember that warriors double dip on hps and dtps. The disparity is not as large as it seems.

Also. Those Sims are still using PvP gear. I think collision is waiting for more of the classes to catch up on set bonuses before publishing. And finally. Not all the tank classes have a dedicated developer so some of the models/apls are out.
    TLDR, the game is still in beta
    Really, I don't know a lot about hunters and the only good advice I can give is: TURN PET TAUNT OFF! ~Aggathon

Honestly, I love my Blood DK hands down. For my play style, their overall adaptability and mitigation I think they are more reliable than either Warrior or Paladin (Just my opinion). As for the beta though, I have to go with Prot Warrior, the way the new DK builds and abilities are it just feels too clunky to me. Even the lvl 100 abilities aren't that great for DK's running blood.

I'm not sure if the last Simcraft I saw on bears is right. There are two things wrong with it that I can see (I think)
    1) they're specced into Heart of the Wild, which is useless for straight up tanking since it no longer increases stats
    2) zero Savage Defense casts. That means they're just taking the hits to the face and healing it off with Frenzied Regen. I can't believe that can be the preferred tanking methodology....

Am working on a patch update post for the bear guide. Ought to be ready hopefully before the patch hits.

-T.

+ Reply to Thread