+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Activity

You explained in you "PS" exactly what is always going to happen. i wasnt in a good guild until ulduar so dont take me as someone who has always been a competitive player. I was once that noob asking the top guild on my server weather it was better to devestate or use heroic strike (i spammed devestate, HS wasnt even on my bars). i was "behind" as well, but i got into a guild that was doing the lowest of low content and raided with them. they are still around, called fable on kirin' tor. they arent doing any better then they were before. i stuck with them till the start of WoTLK and moved on because they werent progressing at the rate i thought i could.. so i worked my way up the latter..
    i eventually found myself doing raid guides with tankspots eventide guild in ulduar with ciderhelm, and ill never forget my experience there. it was harsh. the people didnt like me much, neither did ciderhelm. i got kicked out for being behind the curve. but it helped me in the long run...

so wall of text aside, what im saying is that if you start wow in the middle of an expansion youre always going to have a long way up. but in TBC it was much more fun.

You all are discounting LFR for progression. While the gear will not be near as good as it was in DS, and I know it's not real raiding, it is another path to gear up alts for the next tier. I'm interested to see how it will look with 5 mans, LFR and normal modes to advance through an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    You all are discounting LFR for progression. While the gear will not be near as good as it was in DS, and I know it's not real raiding, it is another path to gear up alts for the next tier. I'm interested to see how it will look with 5 mans, LFR and normal modes to advance through an entire expansion.
    im sorry theotherone, but doing the same dungeon on a different difficulty to get gear isnt progression. its a stand still while you get gear to do the same dungeon at a harder difficulty, which isnt fun.

Will they be leaving lfr difficulty up as new tiers are released? I know they didn't want to retro FL and previous tiers for cata but I never really heard how they would do it in the Mists since LFR will exist during all tiers.

from what i can tell LFR is going to be a way for people without a guild that can either clear normal, or doesnt raid, to experience the content at a very easy level. but the gear is going to be weaker then it was in cata

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    from what i can tell LFR is going to be a way for people without a guild that can either clear normal, or doesnt raid, to experience the content at a very easy level. but the gear is going to be weaker then it was in cata
    Yeah, they mentioned that DS was different, because it was end-of-expansion patch, not the beginning.

I recall, they said that LFR gear is not going to be better than the prior tier's heroic gear and that to the exent end raid bosses drop better gear (like Spine and Madness) they will not do that for LFR. They don't want raiders to feel compelled to run LFR to progress.

+ Reply to Thread