+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.0 addons Replacements/Temp fillers

5.0 addons Replacements/Temp fillers

I have several functions that I find I am dearly missing.

Power Auras
    I use these more than I realized to identify important parts of my rotation etc. Any working ones?

Buffs/Debuffs
    I used EBB and I miss having one that I can make a whitelist/blacklist with. Satrinas is kinda working but can't get to menus etc. Raven works ok but I can't find a whitelist/blacklist.

Macaroon
    This was my absolute favorite bar mod. The way it switches conditionally is unmatched in anything else I have been able to find. Key features I am missing:
    1. Changing stance/form(druid) the bars changed but the keybinds stayed on the same buttons.
    2. Modifiers (Alt/Ctrl/Shift) changed the bars and allowed the modifier casts at the same time.
    3. No limit to the number of bars or the number of buttons on a bar.
    4. You dictate which bars change when you change specs.

Bartender can't do some of these. For instance, if I make a bar a paging bar, I can get the spell icons to change when I hold down alt but the alt+keybinds don't work right for casting.

If I stack two bars, I can get the keybinds to work the way I want but the icons get all screwy. Bar 1 has non-modifiers and bar 8 has alt keybinds and then stack them. Sometimes when not holding alt, I still see bar 8 icons and can't see the bar 1 icons.

Bartender also changes all bars when I switch spec so my bottom bar that has potions, food, mass res, etc has to be set up all over again for each spec (not a big issue, but nice if I can get this the way I had it).

Also, I use a nostromo game pad. With Macaroon, I made a 15 button bar with three rows of five. It matched up to the nostromo layout nicely so my on-screen bars nearly matched my keybind layout. With Bartender, I can only go to 12 buttons so I have to use two bars to get three rows of 5. For my druid, this won't work because then I won't have enough bars when I try to set up all my forms.

Macarron is being updated/improved with a new addon named Ion on wowinterface. He says it should be ready by MoP but he's not sure about 5.0 until then. I found the beta he uploaded yesterday but not until late. I'll try setting this up tonight and see if it works.

There are others that would be nice to have working again but these are the main ones that affect my ability to play. Any ideas?

No idea about Power Auras, I only used it briefly before a break from dragon soul- not sure what you could replace it with that would help your rotation. I use Auracle to track vengeance, enrage, block, barrier and all of the class buffs as well as my debuffs on targets. Again not sure if it even helps or not.

Buffs and debuffs- Raven works well but I haven't fully figured it out yet (as far as whitelist, I know there's spell lists but not sure yet how to implement them). I use bars for player buffs and debuffs as well as my CDs. I know it has the functionality because a while back I was using an addon pack called RealUI, which included Raven for certain aspects. Many spells were white/blacklisted from many of the frames.

Never used Macaroon, and BT definitely does not have the same functionality. I know what you mean, I have a Nostromo as well (right now it's in retirement for my new anansi but may come back). Are there any custom conditions you can set for a bar in BT? Such as keeping one of them from paging for the abilities that require no stance? That seems like the worst part of it, aside from just not having enough bars. Jeez. I was less help than I had hoped to be but I hope I helped a little at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    I have several functions that I find I am dearly missing.

Power Auras
    I use these more than I realized to identify important parts of my rotation etc. Any working ones?
    Power Auras itself is updated...it's currently a beta RC, so it might not have been immediately obvious, but it is there.

Of course, it won't import your existing Power Auras...so you'll have to re-create them all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

That's awesome news about power auras. I can set them up easy enough. I don't use really fancy or complicated ones. Just more easily visible with periferal vision and timers for specific things I want to check. Any suggestions on where to download? I know curse typically won't post betas. I am assuming wowinterface.

Dreador, thanks for the info even if it's not as much as you had hoped. Just the knowledge that Raven can make specific lists will help. I feel like I need to be able to make a list of important ones that I don't have to search a list for. Like Inquisition on a ret. I don't need to see my landslide, Titanic Strength, Judgements of the Bold, etc. Let me see my stacks from GoatK and Inq. I can manage my rotation from there. That kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Ty for the link =)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    That's awesome news about power auras. I can set them up easy enough. I don't use really fancy or complicated ones. Just more easily visible with periferal vision and timers for specific things I want to check. Any suggestions on where to download? I know curse typically won't post betas. I am assuming wowinterface.

Dreador, thanks for the info even if it's not as much as you had hoped. Just the knowledge that Raven can make specific lists will help. I feel like I need to be able to make a list of important ones that I don't have to search a list for. Like Inquisition on a ret. I don't need to see my landslide, Titanic Strength, Judgements of the Bold, etc. Let me see my stacks from GoatK and Inq. I can manage my rotation from there. That kind of thing.
    Curse may be making some exceptions, it did post the beta for Healbot yesterday night.

My curse fav list shows EBB updated yesterday.

Yeah. The Ion update seems to be working for macaroon and ebb updated. The power auras rc3 is working. Just figuring out new menus for all of them now, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Had to install the DS Mod for DBM since the patch version only had MoP. Got the Mod off of wowinterface.

+ Reply to Thread