Thread: Professions in MoP (especially engineering)

Professions in MoP (especially engineering)

Hey alltogether,

wanted to talk a little bit about the professions in MoP.

Especially i'm interested in knowing how the new googles and the ghost iron dragonling (engineering boe-trinket) work together. Cogwheels are unique equipable which is quite bad if you use googles and dragonling for a total of 5! cogwheel sockets. Using mastery, parry and dodge seems quite ok for tanking, but beeing forced putting hit and expertise into the other two seems ... well not so cool. At least the cogwheels should be only one of a kind in the same item. Thoughts about this?

Greetings
    D2

Expertise and hit are good for tanking though.

Sure hit and expertise do increase rage generation and therefore increase the uptime of our new active mitigation, but many items already have hit or expertise so it should be no problem getting to an acceptable value for both. After a comfortable amount stacking mastery seems simply better (at least according to every theoryctrafting i've seen so far).

Edit remembers that mastery is increasing rage generation too due to critical blocking

A comfortable amount of hit and expertise rating for a prot warrior is 7650 rating @90. You will struggle to reach that.

7650 is beeing hit and expertise hardcapped? Think you won't reach that without sacrifying too much other stats

Which is exactly why it's not a bad thing that you essentially get some via the engineering goggles.

Man... and I was mad that I had to use dodge/parry cogs instead of extra mastery/hit/exp cogs. Hit and expertise are the only cogs that help mitigate magic damage so I'll gladly be using them.

Being alchemy / engineering is looking great for tier 15 with two trinkets and goggles.