+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK MT and Warr OT or visa versa?

DK MT and Warr OT or visa versa?

Myself (MT) and my OT both have a level 85 Warrior and Death Knight. I can play both classes at a pretty high level. He's somewhat new to progression tanking on both characters.

I'm wondering:
    - Is DK or Warrior stronger as the MT?
    - Is DK or Warrior stronger as the OT?
    - Is DK or Warrior stronger as melee DPS for one-tank fights?

I'd love to hear from some knowledgeable people what their best guess is for MoP raiding.

Thanks.

[I also posted at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413264118]
    Grymauch, Dwarf Warrior, From Chaos: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rymauch/simple

The stronger tank player is the stronger progression tank.

Currently blood dk's are doing crazy amounts of damage, but that doesn't really help in the long run situations of picking which class you want to be your main.

Honestly I would go with whichever you like more. It's doubtful that picking one over the other is going to break your raid. I've always played a warrior so I'm partial to them, but at the same time I've always been jealous of DK self healing.

In DS a couple fights DK's were the stronger MT however, every tank class was still able to do either tank role without much trouble so it comes down to skill level of the player and how comfortable they are with the class. Also, I would take the DK's being stronger on fights like yorsahj and ultrax with a grain of salt because DS is coming to a close and we have no clue how the different tanks are gonna fair on different bosses on live in MoP. So I would say, play around with both with the new talents. Whichever one you are enjoying more take it to level 90 first as your main.

I think historically since dk's have released their have been many harder bosses that they excelled at leaps and bounds over other tanks (Sartharion, General Vezax, Yor'sahj). Warriors have had a couple fights as well (Anub, Spine). On the same note DK's have had some very low points between these.

I think overall both are very strong options. Personally I think warriors make better offtanks and DK's would make a strong main tank just because the mastery is a two in one effect. All other classes have to pick if they want to heal (or shield for warriors) or mitigate/avoid damage... but dk's always do both at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread